Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2011, 07:06 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
And.... you made a post that just says "but mall". I'm not sure that's an improvement.
I'm going to stop talking now.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:48 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Things I learned today:

I don't know squat about parenting lingo. I should never have said, "Good job!" even when they did a good job. I should have told my children to pick their own punishments. Self esteem comes after accomplishments. Or maybe it's the other way around. I'm so confused. I don't know how smart girls buy birthday drinks. I was an idiot because I didn't read massive numbers of parenting books. (Silly me. I asked my mother. Or grandmother. What did they know? They didn't have the internet. How did they learn anything?)

I'm kind of proud of myself because I didn't kiss my kids' butts. At least I don't think I did. I may have. But those little buns were so cute! OK, sometimes they were dirty and smelly. But I think that was a result of my feeding them when they were hungry. Turns out they may have needed a massage. Why didn't I get a massage? I get cranky at night!

But it all works out because this is America and there is a gut mall on every corner. Or maybe it's a butt mall. I told you guys I can't spell.

Night all. Tomorrow is another day. Unless they don't raise the debt ceiling. In which case I may move to Bondi Beach. Where I'll force myself to look at hot gods in Speedos.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Things I learned today:

I don't know squat about parenting lingo. I should never have said, "Good job!" even when they did a good job. I should have told my children to pick their own punishments. Self esteem comes after accomplishments. Or maybe it's the other way around. I'm so confused. I don't know how smart girls buy birthday drinks. I was an idiot because I didn't read massive numbers of parenting books. (Silly me. I asked my mother. Or grandmother. What did they know? They didn't have the internet. How did they learn anything?)

I'm kind of proud of myself because I didn't kiss my kids' butts. At least I don't think I did. I may have. But those little buns were so cute! OK, sometimes they were dirty and smelly. But I think that was a result of my feeding them when they were hungry. Turns out they may have needed a massage. Why didn't I get a massage? I get cranky at night!

But it all works out because this is America and there is a gut mall on every corner. Or maybe it's a butt mall. I told you guys I can't spell.

Night all. Tomorrow is another day. Unless they don't raise the debt ceiling. In which case I may move to Bondi Beach. Where I'll force myself to look at hot gods in Speedos.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:02 PM

Despite the fact that I ordered the edukit that the school pushes to keep from having to go out and find all the necessary school supplies, I will need to make a 3rd trip to Target since Friday to get things that either weren't included, or that I forgot. I bought a folder and put the wrong kid's name on it and sent it with him today!

Old 08-01-2011, 08:13 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Things I learned today:

Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Despite the fact that I ordered the edukit that the school pushes to keep from having to go out and find all the necessary school supplies, I will need to make a 3rd trip to Target since Friday to get things that either weren't included, or that I forgot. I bought a folder and put the wrong kid's name on it and sent it with him today!
I hesitate to ask - but who's kid's name did you use? I may be absent minded, but that's one name I remember correctly.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Awesome.

I hesitate to ask - but who's kid's name did you use? I may be absent minded, but that's one name I remember correctly.
my own kid! I'm not THAT bad! I had my older son write his name on it and take it to his classroom today. Then I came home to double check the e-mail and saw that the request came from my younger son's teacher.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:38 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
my own kid! I'm not that bad! I had my older son write his name on it and take it to his classroom today. Then i came home to double check the e-mail and saw that the request came from my younger son's teacher.
Good thing I only have the one.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:50 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Things I learned today:

Brilliant! I am very grateful I have avoided most of these threads.

Funny enough DD and I went clothes shopping this afternoon (for her ), and our favorite thing to do when we are together is roll down all the windows in the car, crank up the tunes and sing as loud as we possibly can. Today was a Gaga and Black Eyed Peas day. My thoughts wandered to what the C-D critics would have to say about such debauchery!

Old 08-01-2011, 09:50 PM

^ sounds fun!

Old 08-01-2011, 10:56 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Has anyone ever given a character reference deposition in a divorce case?

A good friend of mine is going through a messy divorce, and her husband is going for sole custody. It's logical as she works nights and he would have the kids at night, and her in the day, but that means he has power to move, etc. Anyway, I am usually not inclined to get involved in other people's issues, but think she is being screwed over. I don't mind doing it, and think it's important, but was just curious if anyone else had been faced with something like this.
Joint custody seems the perfect solution. It doesn't seem fair that she could lose ALL custody simply because she works nights. Sorry, I've never been a character witness, but I will say that our friends and neighbors were my husband's character witnesses for adopting my children. It really made us feel good to know so many people felt so highly of him to go to the trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.