Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 09:36 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by passwithoutatrace View Post
When you do get to Yosemite, I hope you enjoy it! We go almost every year and it's such a beautiful place! I also love San Francisco because it's such a diverse city and there is something for everyone to do.

I would love to travel more. I've been all over the state of California and many parts of Oregon/Washington but I haven't seen a lot of the US besides that.

And not on the travel topic: today I am a year older, and I feel a little old....I'm not going to say how old though because most of you will laugh at me!
We are from central California originally, so I've been to SF and Yosemite many times, but we haven't managed to get the kids there yet. I just love both places, and DH and I grew up going to both once/year. That's why we want to take the kids there. Hopefully next time we visit family in CA we can see both, or at least one!

I just has a b-day too, and I really haven't thought twice about my new age since then. Maybe as we get older we care less and less.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:42 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Pass - Have a wonderful day! I don't care if you're 18 or 88, you are wonderful!

To all the pregnant maidens - sorry for your ails. It gets better.

Num - it's not worth it. That poster in that thread has a doozie of a thread going on in P&OC. If you really want to elevate your blood pressure, take a gander at that!

Old 07-05-2011, 09:43 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,212 times
Happy birthday Passwithoutatrace! Wishing you all the best on your birthday and the year to come.

You should tape the kitten eating the chips on the couch while channel surfing.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:48 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
Good morning all!

Happy B'day pass - and the kitty story is very cute.

It's kind of fun hearing everyone's pregnancy progress. Makes me glad and sad I'm past that. By the time you guys have these babies we'll all feel like we're right there with you!

Old 07-05-2011, 09:49 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,852,168 times
Am I the only one who hasn't gone into P&OC? I have kind of been avoiding that entire section because I am afraid of what I may say to some of the morons out there.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:52 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Pass - Have a wonderful day! I don't care if you're 18 or 88, you are wonderful!

To all the pregnant maidens - sorry for your ails. It gets better.

Num - it's not worth it. That poster in that thread has a doozie of a thread going on in P&OC. If you really want to elevate your blood pressure, take a gander at that!
Oh no... I might not be able to resist.

FWIW, I know she's being a bit abrasive, but I think she has a valid point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
I don't understand why people bother to post when all they want is someone to agree with whatever opinion of the world they have.
This seems to happen a lot, doesn't it?

I've read that thread but just ignoring it.

970 posts, read 2,213,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
We are from central California originally, so I've been to SF and Yosemite many times, but we haven't managed to get the kids there yet. I just love both places, and DH and I grew up going to both once/year. That's why we want to take the kids there. Hopefully next time we visit family in CA we can see both, or at least one!

I just has a b-day too, and I really haven't thought twice about my new age since then. Maybe as we get older we care less and less.
Hopefully the kids will love those places too My family always went to SF each year on Christmas Eve and when I have relatives visit I try to take them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
You should tape the kitten eating the chips on the couch while channel surfing.
If I can find my camera I will tape the kitten but she seems to have lost interest in the chips. Maybe salt and vinegar isn't her thing...

And thanks for the birthday wishes from people

Old 07-05-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Am I the only one who hasn't gone into P&OC? I have kind of been avoiding that entire section because I am afraid of what I may say to some of the morons out there.
I don't go there either. When I do, most threads are already so many pages in on an argument that I don't even have the patience to wade through.

Let's face it - most people have their point of view and minds made up. So things generally go down hill rather quickly.

That and the religion section - can't even remotely go there.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:45 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times
Happy birthday, passwithoutatrace! Hope you have some fun "you time" planned!

rkb - When she posts without the attitude and condescension she makes some fair points, I agree, but some of the judgmental language leads to such gross over-generalizations that I feel compelled to call her on it. It reminds me a bit of some of the entitled 19 yo threads we've had lately.....

coop - I completely understand the glad/sad feeling - this will likely be our last and I am trying to treasure very single second. It's nice to be able to share some of it with such a great group of moms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting