Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2011, 09:17 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Ha! You wouldn't say that if you saw what it looks like... It's really really bad. It probably makes you all look better because you wouldn't let it get that bad to begin with....
I try not to go into mine, which is easy to do since most of my summer clothes are all in my dresser.

My closet has all sorts of blankets all over the floor.

I stacked them there when I didn't have room to put them anywhere else, and my beagle basset has made himself quite the nest fit for a king in there.

I haven't had the heart to take it all away from him. He looks so cute in there all sprawled out and when it's cold (lately it has been cold at night) he burrows under them.

Nevermind that there is a dog bed and an afghan under my nightstand for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
No - not joking. She hasn't posted in a couple of days - since she mentioned she felt like she was getting a relapse of what she had (she said she was going to maybe hit the Jack under the sink and that was the last we heard!).
OMG! I hope she's okay. No news is usually bad news. Hopefully she got invited on a wonderful trip somewhere and didn't have time to tell us.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:30 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Ewag - I'm glad you came to play on the dark side!

Old 08-15-2011, 10:29 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Hola all!!

Happy Birthday, Mattie!!

How sweet of you all to worry about me. We made a quick trip to L.A. to celebrate DH's birthday. (A few weeks late but what the heck.) Yes, that's the jacket. I got more of the story. Someone was at the party who keeps an eye out for old clothes for several people in the industry. It must have been an interesting trade because DS got a guitar in return. He was still a little fuzzy. Or evasive, lol.

DH got a really cool theater sound system as a present. So of course it had to be hooked up as soon as we got home. And didn't work. So after DH said a bad word for the 10th time I asked for the instruction book and figured out what was wrong. He'll never admit that I fixed it. But... ahem... I rock. We now woof and tweet.

Glad to be back with all of you.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:33 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,196,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Hola all!!

Glad to be back with all of you.
Good to see you, Dew! Glad to know you went missing for a good cause-- happy belated to Mr. Dew. (Or would that be Mr. Inn?)

Old 08-15-2011, 10:40 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Dew - truth be told I thought you may be getting jiggy with Jack under the sink! Glad you had a fun party for MrDew. Oh and as for electronics and stuff - chicks rule!

Old 08-15-2011, 10:52 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Eau de male? Mattie - did you have a houseful for your birthday? That would have been a nice surprise...
No MM, no boys home. They had just left. The lingering scent is the gift that keeps on giving in their bedrooms/baths, until I break down and clean them. Not today....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Tomatoes! What to do with all of these tomatoes?!?!

Mattie, how is your dog doing?
I had hoped my tomatoes would keep on producing., but they petered out. We put in two more plants a couple of weeks ago in the slight chance we'll get more before it gets too cold. Lots of flowers, so I'm hopeful. Sauce Hopes, lots of sauce.

The dog is a challenge. She loves to run, and will limp for hours afterwards if she does. Most of the time, she doesn't limp at all. The vet said the xrays are inconclusive, so the next step is the doggie $urgeon. We will go soon, now that tuitions are taken care of and it's not as brutally hot.

Joining with the other good wishes for Dew!

Old 08-15-2011, 10:54 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Morning Dew - glad to see all is well. Sounds like a fun weekend. And good for you for figuring out all the plugs and wires so that the woofing and tweeting can go on!

I'm making slow but sure progress on the closet. I've got my side almost done. Took everything out , vacuumed, dusted and only put the stuff back I may actually wear. There's probably still more in there than should be but it's a start. Now to bag up all the crud that is not going back in. Then I need to hit DH's side. I can get rid of the stuff I know he doesn't wear and/or I hate (), but he's going to have to tell me which other stuff to 86. My goal is to have everything off the bed before we go to bed tonight.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:59 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
I'm not sure I've ever done a big master closet clean out. I get rid of things a little at a time. I do really need to get rid of the jeans I don't wear anymore. That means admitting I'm *bigger* than I used to be. I am still trying to lose a little weight so I don't want to toss anything I might still wear. I'm still stuck on the same 5 lbs. We haven't lived anywhere for more than 5 years, either, so that's an automatic closet clean out every few years anyway.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:59 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
mm: How's DD enjoying her vacay? Looks like it rained here. It's hot AND humid. Hope she's still able to enjoy things.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:05 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Ewag - I'm glad you came to play on the dark side!
Haha - thanks! Sometimes I just can't help myself, y'know? Your comment had me cracking up!

Welcome back, Dew! Glad you had a fun trip!

And in wonderful news: DS was a total champion at the dentist! I was so proud of him - he even let the dentist look at his teeth (briefly) and shook his hand when we left. Let's see if his own appt in a few weeks goes as well (fingers crossed)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting