Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2011, 08:54 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I -am- the dishwasher. We grew up without a mechanical dishwasher, my sister and I did the dishes, and I'd usually wash because my sister's fingers always got too puckered and peely when she did it. None of us ever thought of using gloves

When mom finally did get a dishwasher installed, I was already an adult, and I hated the smell of dirty dishes when we opened the door to put more in. When Anon-Hubby and I moved into our first home, it came with a dishwasher. We used it once, in the 10 years we lived there.
My SIL and BIL used to live in an old farmhouse with an old kitchen...He used to say he had a dishwasher then followed by introducing his 2 daughters as "May" and "Tag".....

OK..got my taxes filed! Woohoo! Not as early as I had hoped but not my usual late self either...so I'm pretty happy. Now, once I fill out the FAFSA I'll be in good shape.....

Hopes?

Old 04-18-2011, 09:10 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Just popping in quickly to say
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Hopes: Hang in there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Oh my - hope this isn't in regards to your taxes!
Quote:
Hopes?
Horray! I'm done! It was a FRIGHTENING 5 hours, but ended up being a HUGE SUCCESS.

When I first plugged everything in, it showed we owned THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS. That's when I went

Then I split us from filing married jointly to married separate which resulted in hubby getting HUGE HUGE HUGE refund and me owing $34.

That was better than us owing thousands, right? But it bothered me that I owed $34.

I stared at it for hours and hours and kept clicking around looking for clues.

Then I remembered that I had a 1099 I didn't put in (insurance paid off my car loan when I became unemployed.)

I was thinking, damn, I'm going to end up owing more than $34 since taxes weren't taken out for that 1099misc.

Suddenly, I realized that myself and my son were BOTH STUDENTS!

END RESULT: IT'S LIKE WE HIT THE LOTTERY!

I'm getting back even more than hubby! It's weird how filing separately CAN make a positive difference sometimes.

I used to assume that filing jointly meant saving money, but that's rarely the case for us. We usually do better filing separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
OK..got my taxes filed! Woohoo! Not as early as I had hoped but not my usual late self either...so I'm pretty happy. Now, once I fill out the FAFSA I'll be in good shape.....
I'm proud of both of us! I can't remember the last time I filed this early!

Old 04-18-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I'm proud of both of us! I can't remember the last time I filed this early!
<Pats both of us on the back...>

Old 04-18-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
<Pats both of us on the back...>
Major accomplishment for me! And you!

Hey, I even did TK's taxes for him!

Should we go with the nickname DK instead of TK?

I just can't do Max. Love the name. But there's already a Max in our lives.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:18 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,917,805 times
WTG Hopes! At least you don't owe thousands! My taxes were due today AND we're having a winter storm watch..supposedly 6-10 inches. Last Sunday morning and afternoon it was in the low eighties, Sunday night we had a tornado warning, Monday and Tuesday were in the 60's and the rest of the week was in the 40's.. LOL gotta love April in WI!

Old 04-18-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
WTG Hopes! At least you don't owe thousands!
I know! I started off owing thousands and now we're getting thousands back. It's freaky. It was worth every new grey hair I got tonight! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
My taxes were due today AND we're having a winter storm watch..supposedly 6-10 inches. Last Sunday morning and afternoon it was in the low eighties, Sunday night we had a tornado warning, Monday and Tuesday were in the 60's and the rest of the week was in the 40's.. LOL gotta love April in WI!
Isn't Spring fun? We've been in the 60s for the past two days. It's supposed to snow on Tuesday!

Old 04-18-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Major accomplishment for me! And you!

Hey, I even did TK's taxes for him!

Should we go with the nickname DK instead of TK?

I just can't do Max. Love the name. But there's already a Max in our lives.
LOL at DK at first I thought it was "da Kid" then I remembered last night's conversation...

Either is fine -I don't even know why the name "Max" popped into my head...I was more trying to think of something to call him more than an affinity for using the actual name Max.....TK, DK...whatever...

Old 04-18-2011, 09:25 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,917,805 times
Quote:
Isn't Spring fun? We've been in the 60s for the past two days. It's supposed to snow on Tuesday!
Hey, at least you'll never be bored with the unpredictability of spring time in the North!

Old 04-18-2011, 09:28 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,837,498 times
We've been having a a serious of apocalyptic thunderstorms here in NYC

Old 04-18-2011, 09:34 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
We've had a very calm spring here. I've been waiting for the big spring storm we usually have. So far, nothing. A little rain tonight is all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting