Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2011, 09:23 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Hopes - I have the kind of fridge with the drawer on the bottom. I love it. I love the french doors and all the space up top.
Top french doors is what I truly want (if I can find one I can afford). I feel we'd get more use out of our food if we could actually SEE what's in the refrigerator!

Quote:
But MM made a good point about making sure you have the room.
It is a good point. I think we have room for anything. The refrigerator is on the end of the counter run.

I need measure to ensure we have for the basement door to open freely, but I think there's currently an extra 1-1/2 feet available.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
That is an interesting observation regarding marriages and kids. Are we all the exception or what?
We must be the exception! But what are the odds we all found each other!?!?!?

Maybe our personalities are conducive to lasting marriages. We're all fairly tollerant people to varying degrees. I wonder if that's a factor.

Quote:
Our anniversary is in a few weeks. 24 years.
We also had many spring weddings here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
What about natural travertine? I love the fossils in travertine and it's beige.
Awe, that would be so pretty. I wonder if I can afford it.

I need to take hubby on a date to Home Depot today. We got our income tax return. I'm ready to spend it!

Old 04-30-2011, 09:30 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
we have top french doors and bottom freezer drawer. I like it the big fridge drawer for large trays.\

travertine has fossils?? That's neat!

Old 04-30-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
we have top french doors and bottom freezer drawer. I like it the big fridge drawer for large trays.
I like that idea. I also like the idea of all my drawers being higher so I can see what's in them! I think it'd get more use out of my fresh fruits and vegies if they weren't hiding at the bottom of the fridge. Maybe I'm dreaming. It just seems logical that seeing everything helps make use of everything.

Quote:
That does sound neat. I'm going to check it out!

Old 04-30-2011, 09:34 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,466,514 times
I would love to have the French door fridge. Our kitchen is small and has a small island in the middle which would really get in the way of a bottom drawer so that is just not ever going to happen. Next house....

So many flooring options! We have hardwood throughout the first floor including the kitchen. Never had a problem with moisture - but we live in a dry climate so unless something leaks and you dont catch it in time, it's not too much of a problem. Our friends installed ceramic tile in their kitchen over the existing vinyl - at some point they went to replace the DW and realized they couldn't get it out - it was tiled in!

Natural traveritine is lovely - I also like slate. I love all that natural look. I would love to find a way to use all that ....in my next house...LOL

Old 04-30-2011, 09:35 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Awe, that would be so pretty. I wonder if I can afford it.

I need to take hubby on a date to Home Depot today. We got our income tax return. I'm ready to spend it!
HD has some nice ceramic that is made to look like travertine too. We used that in a recent shower update. It's pretty, cheap, and a bit easier to care for.

Quote:
Natural travertine does, there are many travertine-ish products out there, they wouldn't.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
HD has some nice ceramic that is made to look like travertine too. We used that in a recent shower update. It's pretty, cheap, and a bit easier to care for.
I'm going to check it out today. Forutnately, I have a few days before I need to get a new fridge. It's not making noise anymore, it's not as cold as it used to be, but it's still making ice and keeping things at an acceptable temperature.

When you open the freezer, you can hear everything crackling but it's all still frozen hard as a rock. There's not much in there so I don't mind if the stuff in the freezer goes bad. The milk and such are still cold enough.

I think I have a few days to figure this out. I might be a good idea to buy one off of craig's list so we can have a second fridge for the basement---just to give me more time to decide on flooring.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:53 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Oh - forgot to tell you all our funny story from last night....

So we left at about 5:15 for Denver to listen to an author. Stopped in Boulder on the way back for dinner - so didn't get home until about 10pm.

We walk in and immediately think - "good grief! One of the cats must have just dropped a bomb!". Then we hear loud bawling, crying - coming from the closet....

Poor Rory (the not so bright one) - he had walked into the closet while we were getting our coats and he was in there for 5 hours! He managed to pull coats down and pooped (can't blame him) - on the wall. Yes, on the wall. I was going between feeling so bad for him, and laughing uncontrollably.

Now this morning when I went to go hang coats back up - guess who walks back into the closet! He really is quite stupid. But in a cute way. He has also managed to get his paw stuck in a tiny space between the dishwasher and cabinet and we had to take out the dishwasher in order to free him!

Old 04-30-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
My problem is I'm one of those people who can't decide between extremes when it comes to my own life. I like the dark kitchens and I like the light, airy kitchens. I think just chatting with everyone here has helped me realize that I need to go with a light, airy kitchen since it doesn't get much natural sunlight.

I have this same problem...I really like lots of different styles - depending on my mood. Our kitchen is light and airy. We have white cabinets, oak flooring and light countertops...I don't know that I'd want a "dark" kitchen per se but (this week LOL) my "dream kitchen" would be a more "natural" look...lots of texture. I'd love pretty wood (not sure what kind - maybe maple?) cabinets, natural travertine flooring, an interesting backsplash. Not sure about countertops. I like some granite - but the granite I like is invariably the most expensive granite - the stuff that is interesting. I had a friend from my bookclub who renovated her kitchen and had some really really nice granite (mossy green, lots of "movement") - then she had the edges done in kind of a natural, chiseled look... I loved it. She also had fabulous lighting...Sigh. I really need to win the lottery.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Oh - forgot to tell you all our funny story from last night....

So we left at about 5:15 for Denver to listen to an author. Stopped in Boulder on the way back for dinner - so didn't get home until about 10pm.

We walk in and immediately think - "good grief! One of the cats must have just dropped a bomb!". Then we hear loud bawling, crying - coming from the closet....

Poor Rory (the not so bright one) - he had walked into the closet while we were getting our coats and he was in there for 5 hours! He managed to pull coats down and pooped (can't blame him) - on the wall. Yes, on the wall. I was going between feeling so bad for him, and laughing uncontrollably.

Now this morning when I went to go hang coats back up - guess who walks back into the closet! He really is quite stupid. But in a cute way. He has also managed to get his paw stuck in a tiny space between the dishwasher and cabinet and we had to take out the dishwasher in order to free him!
Oh no! Poor Rory....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting