Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2011, 06:48 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times

Advertisements

Good Morning Everyone!

Good Morning Coop!

How is everyone today?

TGIFF, and I'm so glad it's a 3 day weekend. Yippee!

Old 09-02-2011, 06:49 AM

Here's today's cutey/funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POJEkwv-Oss

Old 09-02-2011, 07:08 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,853,029 times
Yay! I am not the only lazy mom who expects kids to do some things for themselves. DD has always been VERY independent. She started making her own snacks when she was 2. She would get out the bread, PB &J, one of her toy knives and make herself a sandwich. Then she would get out the milk and strawberry quick. She would mix them together (the right amount of "pink stuff"). Then she would put everything away and wipe off the counters. I guess she knew early on how lazy I am.

You guys are now creeping into my dreams. I only remember maybe 2 dreams per year. I had one last night that I remember. Maybe because it was so weird.
I can't remember the beginning, but for some reason DH and I were on vacation and a tour bus pulled up next to us. I looked up because I heard giggling. Guess who was on the tour bus... AC. He got off of the bus and it was like I couldn't control myself. I looked at DH and said "OMG. The CDMWR would LOVE this." He of course looked at me like I was crazy. I told AC that we had to go have a couple of appletinis on the beach or you guys would never forgive me. We had a couple of drinks and he started giggling again just as I woke up. *It sounds really short when it it typed out like this.*

Old 09-02-2011, 07:27 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,957,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Ok, so I'm in love with DS's school - I am so thoroughly impressed by his teachers, the curriculum, the facilities. The school is located on several acres with all of these fun outdoor toys, playgrounds and walking trails. It makes me wish I was able to go to preschool!
That makes me want to go back to preschool too! That sounds wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

Psst coop - did you see there's an Angry Birds Seasons update?
I didn't - but I will now! I'm now obsessed with trying to get 3 stars on every one. There was one I couldn't get and won't admit how long I tried. Handed it over to DS who did it in 5 minutes. Very annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
Yay! I am not the only lazy mom who expects kids to do some things for themselves. DD has always been VERY independent. She started making her own snacks when she was 2. She would get out the bread, PB &J, one of her toy knives and make herself a sandwich. Then she would get out the milk and strawberry quick. She would mix them together (the right amount of "pink stuff"). Then she would put everything away and wipe off the counters. I guess she knew early on how lazy I am.

Seriously, I wish I could get DS to wipe off the counter afterwards. I keep asking, he keeps forgetting.

You guys are now creeping into my dreams. I only remember maybe 2 dreams per year. I had one last night that I remember. Maybe because it was so weird.
I can't remember the beginning, but for some reason DH and I were on vacation and a tour bus pulled up next to us. I looked up because I heard giggling. Guess who was on the tour bus... AC. He got off of the bus and it was like I couldn't control myself. I looked at DH and said "OMG. The CDMWR would LOVE this." He of course looked at me like I was crazy. I told AC that we had to go have a couple of appletinis on the beach or you guys would never forgive me. We had a couple of drinks and he started giggling again just as I woke up. *It sounds really short when it it typed out like this.*
At first I thought you were going to say WE all got off the bus! lol! But AC is better. That's funny - were you giggling out loud when you woke up?

Old 09-02-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
TGIFF, and I'm so glad it's a 3 day weekend. Yippee!
Me too! When DH was either self employed or unemployed, holiday weekends were depressing to say the least. Love them now! He got a grueling trip next week - so we aren't doing much of anything this weekend.

Anyone doing anything fun?

Old 09-02-2011, 07:32 AM

1,899 posts, read 2,853,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Morning all!

I'm so pleased for you, Ewag. That sounds awesome. The schools in the Philly suburbs are certainly impressive. We regularly go past an elementary school that looks like a college campus. I have twinges of wanting to move there, but I really need the walkable neighborhood so I don't end up hermitizing myself. I hope LittleSirEwag has a fantastic time.

Psst coop - did you see there's an Angry Birds Seasons update?
Just as I finished getting all 3 stars on the regular Angry Birds update from earlier this week, I saw that Seasons had an update yesterday. I am actually having a hard time getting all 3 stars on some of these, and I can't find a couple of pieces of cheese. This may be the best update yet. It has been out for over 24 hours and I am not completely done! Woohoo!!

Old 09-02-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Me too! When DH was either self employed or unemployed, holiday weekends were depressing to say the least. Love them now! He got a grueling trip next week - so we aren't doing much of anything this weekend.

Anyone doing anything fun?
DH spent the week in West Palm Beach on business, and was forced to go on a deep-sea fishing team-building exercise. Poor baby - the sacrifices some people are forced to make!

We are going to Cirque du Soleil, and enjoying the last weekeknd of the neighborhood pool being open.

How about you Coop?

Old 09-02-2011, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
We are going to Cirque du Soleil, and enjoying the last weekeknd of the neighborhood pool being open.

How about you Coop?
That sounds fun! We are going to a bbq on the farm Monday. And I am thinking a hike would be nice as well. It seems the weather has finally turned - we might only be in the 70's tomorrow!

DH passed on a trip to Germany at the end of the month, which I was kind of surprised. It's some expo. I think since it's 4 short days and we have plans that weekend, he thought it would be too exhausting - so he gave up the spot to someone else.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:27 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Happy Birthday Maciesmom!!

Old 09-02-2011, 08:28 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,083,010 times
Good morning, everyone! Just stopping in to say hello.

Hubby woke me up and took me out to the breakfast buffet. Awesome. I always love going out to breakfast!

We have to clean the house for a funeral tomorrow on the off chance someone might want to stop by since our house is just down the road.

Another bad day at school with the children yesterday. You wouldn't believe what happened if I told you. All I can say is that age descrimination truly exists. It was terrible.

I'm just getting into my zen place. I'll be damned if I'm going to let a little snot ruin my day. Life is too short.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting