Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 03:45 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
EWAG, you rock. I'm liking your spunk.
Why, thank you, my dear!

God bless you with all those bathrooms! I have a hard enough time with 1.5!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
DD just texted me to let me know she was coming home for the weekend! I know she was just home but it will be so nice to see her with no medical issues going on. That will be a nice birthday for me...
Aw, hope you have a great weekend with DD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Anyone else here Mother Confessor? A friend just called. An hour on the phone listening to all her problems.

I'm going to start charging by the hour just for saying, "Yeah. Uh, huh. No. Yes. Really?"

She had to rush off. I hung up, looked at the phone, and said, "We're OK. Thank you for asking."
Ugh, how annoying! I used to be Mother Confessor much more than I'm willing to be anymore. That may sound callous, but when I started charging clients by the hour for my services, the appeal of providing free therapy to friends and relatives really waned quite a bit. Not that I don't still listen, I just have a really strict set of guidelines for myself about how I respond and when I exit the conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
DH and I played rounds of Yahtzee and Life on the iPad last night - tons of fun because you can lay in bed and pieces don't get lost...
Awesome! I'll need to try this!!

Kibbie - Hope you are surviving ok....shoes on the bar stool, really??

FR - That was an amazing story (with a quite excellent moral)! Even better is the Midnight Oil piece (sighing longingly for my youth). You go, girl!

Old 09-03-2011, 03:54 PM

And in the land of cute to the point of nauseating anecdotes: I just spent the last hour watching "Rio" with DS (who calls it "Angry Birds") while he lay with his head on my tummy, rubbing baby sister and cooing at her. Happy mommy.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:01 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
A message for Mattie: My golly goodness woman! You are gorgeous! My wedding advice would have been totally different if I'd known what you looked like. Oh, yeah, I'd have been telling you to rock Mrs. O'Hara out of the room. Beautiful dress. You looked fabulous. Good for you and well done!

Fin: I hadn't realised you had worked as a roadie. My brother did for a while. Great story and you rock. In a whole lot of ways.

DH and I went to a favorite used bookstore and they had chairs set up for Reiki therapy. Anyone else use it? I feel soooo good.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:10 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Ditto Mattie - you rocked that dress. Good for you!

Been shopping with DD today - she's starting to work on accumulating a professional wardrobe - on a college student budget. Target had some cute pencil skirts and blouses....and she even got a pair of cute shoes. My purchases were limited to steaks for dinner tonight....and lunch for 2 at Costco for under $5 - woohoo!

The weather here has been perfect today. Hope some of this cooler weather continues south toward Dew and MrsX....

It's going to be cocktail hour here soon.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:05 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
And in the land of cute to the point of nauseating anecdotes: I just spent the last hour watching "Rio" with DS (who calls it "Angry Birds") while he lay with his head on my tummy, rubbing baby sister and cooing at her. Happy mommy.
Ha! That's what MissFR calls it too! That's so sweet. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Thanks for all your kind words you guys. You all rock too. (sob ).

psr, my FIL has very early prostate cancer. They put some radioactive stuff (kinda seeds or something) down there and poof! - it's gone. So don't worry too much, just have him checked out often - if they catch it it is pretty easy to get rid of.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Ha! That's what MissFR calls it too! That's so sweet. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Haha! Not sure if I ever mentioned I am SOOOO glad I'm not the only one with a little one who loves Angry Birds!

Mattie - That dress is AWESOME and you look gorgeous in it! That's Mattie - putting the ROCK in CDMWR!

Old 09-03-2011, 07:51 PM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Ok, I haven't seen the dress, and am starting to get a complex.

Oh - just wanted to add - in my comment about prostate cancer, I wasn't meaning to be glib about it, it may have come off that way. I just mean if you get it early there are lots of things they can do. Not meaning to marginalize anybody who's suffering from it, or has loved ones suffering. Sorry.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:54 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,973,967 times
Where is said dress?
I feel so out of the loop here....

Old 09-03-2011, 09:19 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Ok, I haven't seen the dress, and am starting to get a complex.
lol! Me too.

We did a fire in the fire pit tonight. It's already quite chilly out. I do hope all of you start to cool off soon. It was a beautiful day today.

So we went to Sam's and decided that we had to finally get a small chest freezer. We've talked about it for ages, and as much as I love my fridge - the drawer freezer is a bit limiting. Bigger things really don't fit - I don't think I could ever put a large turkey in there....it's just not deep enough.

So I am thrilled - we got the freezer this afternoon - now I can finally buy things on sale and freeze them! We just got a small one - and DH did a temp plug in until he could do add a separate plug. He strung an extension cord. Well, the directions said it would take about 4 hours to get cool enough to put food in. 4 hours later - it's still not very cool. I'm now thinking there is a problem.

DH said he got great reviews online. Couldn't figure out what the problem was....then realized he had plugged into the outlet with the light switch on it! So it was always on when we walked into the closet and turned on the light, but we turned it off when we walked back out!

All is working fine now but we got a pretty good laugh out of it.

Hope you all had a nice day! Night all!

Old 09-03-2011, 09:20 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
hi all. The shoes were still on the bar stool before dinner. I just checked, and they're gone now. They did watch the kids while DH and I went to dinner. That's a point in their favor.

I just finished reading One Day. Good, but not my favorite. Now I'll have to see the movie. I haven't heard much about the movie...

yay for a new freezer! I love having one int he garage. LOL at plugging it in to the switched outlet! That reminds me of Christmas Vacation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting