Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 05:35 PM

49 posts, read 330,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
I quote your post #45 where you're referring to FB.

No, I will not advocate it by being a user - and I have no respect for anyone who does.
Huh, so I must be the only person on this forum not entitled to my own opinions.

You and others are certainly outspoken, so it's a one-way street.

Huh.

Interesting.

Mostly, sad.

By the by, I told you NOT to send me a PM. It is deleted, unread.

The classless will always be what they've always been. Good quote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 05:39 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,152,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missela View Post
"This is the only other thing I'm going to post on this thread is blah blah blah . . ."
". . . followed by a bunch of puritanical, self-righteous finger-wagging at all of you in a bunch of subsequent posts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missela
Just so you know, I deleted your PM - UNREAD.

Not interested in anything you have to say.

Don't PM me again - it's a waste of your time.
And yet you took the time to reply. So I figure getting time-management tips from you is rather akin to being told by Clay Aiken that I need to butch up.

Of course, the only reason I ever sent you a PM in the first place was to reply to the one you sent to me. Like, duh? If you don't want to receive PMs from me, don't send 'em to me. You're not entitled to have a one-way conversation. If you want to lecture me, you're damn well gonna get it back.

I'm getting a quick understanding of why you're having such a miserable time on this forum. And it has a lot less to do with the forum than you think it does.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:40 PM

1,677 posts, read 2,486,855 times
Quote:
Maybe the few of you on this thread who so advocate underage drinking, maybe you ought to talk with parents who have lost their kids who were drunk underage and involved in accidents . . . or talk to parents who lost their kids or other loved ones to some idiot drunk driver or . . . or talk to people who grew up in alcoholic environments . . . or get some stats from MADD . . . or . . . shall I continue about the topic of alcohol?
To me, there is a big difference in hosting a sleepover where alcohol is served, and serving alcohol to your own child. There is also a big difference between a sip of wine or beer, and allowing your kid to get sloppy drunk. I think most, if not all, of the posters on this board are referring to parents allowing their teenager a taste of alcohol here or there. We're not talking about free access drinking.

Alcohol is not cocaine. It is legal to purchase and consume. I think kids who grow up in a home where drinking is done responsibly and under their parents supervision are much less likely to become alcoholics than kids who's parents sheltered it from them. Kids whose parents taught them about drinking responsibly are not the ones who are out drunk driving, and parents who drink responsibly are not the ones creating "alcoholic environments."

Old 05-23-2011, 05:42 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,229,216 times
Quote:
Huh, so I must be the only person on this forum not entitled to my own opinions.

Huh.

Interesting.

Mostly, sad.

No it's not a one-way street. Why do you have to come on here and debate everyone who doesn't agree w/ you? I for one am totally against serving alcohol at a sleepover. I replied to you because of the nasty PM you sent. Don't tell me what I can and can't do. As far as class, you sure don't have any and that quote seems to fit you just fine.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:44 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,229,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
To me, there is a big difference in hosting a sleepover where alcohol is served, and serving alcohol to your own child. There is also a big difference between a sip of wine or beer, and allowing your kid to get sloppy drunk. I think most, if not all, of the posters on this board are referring to parents allowing their teenager a taste of alcohol here or there. We're not talking about free access drinking.
Exactly!

Old 05-23-2011, 05:45 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,952,491 times
Quote:
It is YOU who are not paying attention.
Yeah, sure - we'll go with that. Me and everyone else on here it seems then.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:47 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,448,855 times
I can think of several things to say but I don't want to make more work for Julia. My adult and almost adult children know full well what a loving home is. No need to worry there.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:06 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,682,314 times
Quote:

Huh.

Interesting.

Mostly, sad.

Just curious, do you by any chance have a son allergic to peanuts?

Old 05-23-2011, 07:45 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,209 times
Quote:
To each his own.

But in the little amount of time I've been on these forums, I am appalled by the disgusting attitudes of so-called "parents".

I think this society is in more trouble than ever before.

There's something very wrong with these parents, mostly mothers from what it appears, who come across as smart-ass bullies. I can imagine they were likely the "mean girls" in school who picked on the studious and polite kids who knew better and grew up to be decent citizens. And now, as "adults", these bullies justify whatever suits THEM - even at the expense of the safety and welfare of their own children.

I'm an experienced poster on message boards, but the degree of apathy and downright brazen defiance by some of these mothers is very disturbing.
Not me. I gave all the kids peanut butter cups.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:50 PM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
Just curious, do you by any chance have a son allergic to peanuts?
I swear to God I didn't read this before I posted. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting