Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2011, 07:43 PM

992 posts, read 2,373,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
This is number 5. You get excited for couples when they are new parents and new parents need support. By #5 they should have this down pat. They've done this drill 4 times before. They're old hands at this. So, yes, it's a rerun. It's not like they're brand new parents who need help figuring things out.
Wow. Just. Wow. Rerun. Interesting.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:44 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
If you care so little for her, why do you care what she says about you?
I don't. I'm just trying to convey why I have no desire to have anything to do with her. If it weren't for the kids, I wouldn't give never seeing her again a second thought. If I'm seeing the kids, I will have to, at some time, see her. I'd just as soon forget she exists.

I'm wondering how the curb side pick up is going to work, lol. I'll let dss work out the details.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:45 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Okay, still not getting the respect thing here. No one has done anything deserving of respect here. Yes, tradition has it you stop by for a visit (did that) and buy a gift (did that too) but there's nothing to respect here. It's just introducing a new member of the family. Honestly, I didn't think anyone owed me respect when I had my kids. I didn't do anything deserving of respect. I just had a baby.
Respect has nothing to do with specific acts, like having a baby. Respect is something you have for someone or you don't. If you respect someone, you would want to follow tradition and be kind towards them by showing at least a brief interest in something that is important to them. When you respect someone, life isn't all about you and what you want all the time.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Wow. Just. Wow. Rerun. Interesting.
Yes, I'm certain they have this drill down pat by now. I'd be far more concerned with a couple who were new parents and didn't.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
I don't. I'm just trying to convey why I have no desire to have anything to do with her. If it weren't for the kids, I wouldn't give never seeing her again a second thought. If I'm seeing the kids, I will have to, at some time, see her. I'd just as soon forget she exists.

I'm wondering how the curb side pick up is going to work, lol. I'll let dss work out the details.
Wow. Then why don't you forget they all exist? Your guilt will go away soon enough and you can live with being absent.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Respect has nothing to do with specific acts, like having a baby. Respect is something you have for someone or you don't. If you respect someone, you would want to follow tradition and be kind towards them by showing at least a brief interest in something that is important to them. When you respect someone, life isn't all about you and what you want all the time.
I disagree this has anything to do with respect. Respect is earned through respectable actions. I respect dss. He's a fine young man but that has nothing to do with cooing over a baby. I went to see the baby because he was excited about his new son. Unfortunately, he was sleeping so we couldn't see him. We haven't been invited back. I'm not holding my breath on the invite.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Yes, I'm certain they have this drill down pat by now. I'd be far more concerned with a couple who were new parents and didn't.
This isn't about a "drill". This is a family, with real people, with real feelings, and real hopes and dreams. They have just as many feelings as you do, and their lives are no less important than yours. If you're so dismissive about their mere presence, then you really have no business in their lives. And that's ok...just own it and quit trying to be a victim in this, because you're not just because she trashed you on Facebook. The victims in this? The minor children.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Wow. Then why don't you forget they all exist? Your guilt will go away soon enough and you can live with being absent.
That is one option. The question, which we won't know until we try, is will this be worth the trouble and how much trouble there will be. We'll find out soon enough whether she was just setting the bar higher than she thought I'd go in order to make me the bad guy or if she really just wants free baby sitting on a rotating schedule. If it's the latter, I don't suppose she'll make too much trouble since she's getting something out of the arrangement. If it's the former, it will get ugly, and you can bet there will be more accusations...so I'll take the advice to record every conversation just in case...

Old 06-22-2011, 07:53 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
I disagree this has anything to do with respect. Respect is earned through respectable actions. I respect dss. He's a fine young man but that has nothing to do with cooing over a baby. I went to see the baby because he was excited about his new son. Unfortunately, he was sleeping so we couldn't see him. We haven't been invited back. I'm not holding my breath on the invite.
Remember, when I initially talked about respect, I was talking about your DSS, not his wife. When you respect someone, you go to see their new baby because they are excited---just like you said. Funny, when I asked if you respected your DSS, you initially responded that you didn't think anyone did anything deserving of resepct. You're quite something.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
This isn't about a "drill". This is a family, with real people, with real feelings, and real hopes and dreams. They have just as many feelings as you do, and their lives are no less important than yours. If you're so dismissive about their mere presence, then you really have no business in their lives. And that's ok...just own it and quit trying to be a victim in this, because you're not just because she trashed you on Facebook. The victims in this? The minor children.
My point, which you seem to have missed is that they don't need help from family. They've done this 4 times before and knew what they were getting into before they had this baby. It's not like they need the support of family. They don't. They know the drill. They're experienced at this and I'll let them to their area of expertise. I have my own life to take care of. The first couple of times around were different. They were new parents with their first. They were learning how to juggle an older child and a newborn with their next. #5 is a repeat of #3 and #4. Same drill. Different name on the birth certificate. I'm not too worried about them figuring this out. They know the drill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting