Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 11:47 AM

992 posts, read 2,380,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACollegeStudent View Post
Hey this is going to get alot of hateful comments and i am prepared for that. FASFA was created to help students entering college, tradeschool, etc. for higher learning. It was created not to long ago and i understand the reason now that i am in college. Parents have children that they cannot afford! Dont birth a child and you dont have the means to provide for there education! ( THAT INCUDLES COLLEGE) Why do some people feel the need to have 6 or 5 children or mine who had 4! Cant afford to buy them things that are a necessary to be a successful person in todays society? I have seen this first hand, and my parents leave my college bill to FASFA or they want me to pay my own way through college....NOT SMART its hard enough finding a job, then accompany that with trying to get good grades not easy! Add stress to the equation and you have a very pissed of person . I deserve better, and my parents should have planned more, i am writing this to all the parents who are thinking about having a kid, or have one and refuse to pay for there education.....to me you are deadbeats! I dont even want to hear the arguement that it teaches me vaules etc etc etc....it comes down to this....i have friends who's parents are fitting the bill for there kids $30,000 a year at most colleges, not beacause they are rich but because they love there child enough to do so....if they have to take out loans and work 6 jobs i dont feel bad because YOU CHOOSE to have the child. No one held a gun up to your head and said have a baby . So when i look at these parents i see they LOVE there child and will do anything for them. And if there working all day at 4 or 6 jobs why do i care thats what they get for not planning and saving a college fund for there children since they were younger....its not like they didnt know that child had to go to college! So all you deadbeat parents (incudling mine) stop having children if you can't afford them. Back in the day i heard if you didnt have the money you didnt go to college, so only well planned, smart, loving parents took there children to college def. not the same anymore.
How did you get into college with such poor grammar?

I'm sure your parents would love to hear your rant...why don't you unload this drivel on them? I'm sure they'd love to know exactly how you feel.

Here's what you can do....go to college, work, study, and all that stress you say it causes you? Well, that's excellent training ground for the future that will inevitibly be learning to pay bills, work, deal with a boss, buy a house, have children, be married, and whatever else life deals you.

But really? I suggest you go tell your sob story to someone that doesn't have parents. Go talk to someone that lost their parent in war or in another tragedy...I'm sure they'd give anything to have their parents back for one day.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:48 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,811,685 times
Lol.

Hmmmm..lets' see. I didn't plan my children. Woops! I didn't plan for their father to be an abusive drunk. I didn't plan to never get a dime in child support.

I did plan to raise self sufficient children. I did plan to raise grateful, hard working men. I did plane to raise children who didn't stand with their hands out and expect everything to be paid for. I did plan to raise children who worked their tails off to achieve all that they could.

Both my sons went to school with some scholarship, some financial aid, some working, a bit from me and a bit in loans. One has finished his Masters, the other just about complete (which the company that hired him out of undergrad is paying for). Both are very gainfully employed, happy and healthy.

Neither spent one second whining and crying that the red carpet wasn't rolled out for them. Both very much appreciate all that they have ever had and have now. Neither ever complained to me that I didn't foot the bill or that we weren't rich. And certainly neither would ever dare go on a public forum and whine and cry because Mommy didn't do enough.

You want to complain about your parents? Complain that they raised a disrespectful ingrate.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:48 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,107,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
So basically you're pissed because people get financial aid? Get over it! Just be glad you're getting an education. I worked my way through college, and so did many other people I know. It can be done. You are not entitled to a college education. If you want one pay for it.

Personally I've noticed people who have to work their way through college are more successful because it's their money, and most choose not to party away when it's their money they'd be wasting.

A very wise post..

Old 06-29-2011, 11:49 AM

992 posts, read 2,380,450 times
Dude. I have 4 children (one of whom is a newborn), 3 dogs, a husband, a house, a business, AND I go to school full time. I have a 4.0. Quit your bitching and put your big boy pants.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
Dude. I have 4 children (one of whom is a newborn), 3 dogs, a husband, a house, a business, AND I go to school full time. I have a 4.0. Quit your bitching and put your big boy pants.
And you can spell

2,788 posts, read 5,107,210 times
Quote:
Entitled why yes, do you not know how much your worth Julia? You are a person, and deserve to be loved. If all parents love there children they would give there children everthing they deserve right?? I am not entitled just know what i deserve....do you??

Yup you deserve to pay for your own college ..if you choose to go..

326 posts, read 874,723 times
Quote:
Hey this is going to get alot of hateful comments and i am prepared for that. FASFA was created to help students entering college, tradeschool, etc. for higher learning. It was created not to long ago and i understand the reason now that i am in college. Parents have children that they cannot afford! Dont birth a child and you dont have the means to provide for there education! ( THAT INCUDLES COLLEGE) Why do some people feel the need to have 6 or 5 children or mine who had 4! Cant afford to buy them things that are a necessary to be a successful person in todays society? I have seen this first hand, and my parents leave my college bill to FASFA or they want me to pay my own way through college....NOT SMART its hard enough finding a job, then accompany that with trying to get good grades not easy! Add stress to the equation and you have a very pissed of person . I deserve better, and my parents should have planned more, i am writing this to all the parents who are thinking about having a kid, or have one and refuse to pay for there education.....to me you are deadbeats! I dont even want to hear the arguement that it teaches me vaules etc etc etc....it comes down to this....i have friends who's parents are fitting the bill for there kids $30,000 a year at most colleges, not beacause they are rich but because they love there child enough to do so....if they have to take out loans and work 6 jobs i dont feel bad because YOU CHOOSE to have the child. No one held a gun up to your head and said have a baby . So when i look at these parents i see they LOVE there child and will do anything for them. And if there working all day at 4 or 6 jobs why do i care thats what they get for not planning and saving a college fund for there children since they were younger....its not like they didnt know that child had to go to college! So all you deadbeat parents (incudling mine) stop having children if you can't afford them. Back in the day i heard if you didnt have the money you didnt go to college, so only well planned, smart, loving parents took there children to college def. not the same anymore.
Everybody makes mistakes now and then, but this really does seem like a systemic problem. I'm concerned by the OP...

191 posts, read 358,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Well, he also wants to be a millionaire by the age of 30 and is asking for HELP, so what does that tell you?

OP: Put on your big boy pants and do it yourself. Part time job, community college.
This post has a very angry respone, why? I think its parents feeling bad they cant support there children maybe? I have my big boy pants on and guess what there Calvin Klein my friend! Look i know i may come off entitled and i can see why you say that i guess....but there is no excuse for not paying for your childs education. Look at it this way

High School = Job at McDonalds - Tution = Taxes

College = Successful - Tution = $20,000

Which one do you want your kid working at? If you want your kid successful why would you make him struggle by working, and going to school when you can be a true parent by planning and paying there way through college?!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:54 AM

191 posts, read 358,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barney_rubble View Post
Everybody makes mistakes now and then, but this really does seem like a systemic problem. I'm concerned by the OP...
Thank you, i am not entiltled! All i am saying is i am pissed off college tution is going up, and people are making less money! Hints working more schooling less! So parents just need to slow down on having kids until they can fit the bill for there kids college!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
This post has a very angry respone, why? I think its parents feeling bad they cant support there children maybe? I have my big boy pants on and guess what there Calvin Klein my friend! Look i know i may come off entitled and i can see why you say that i guess....but there is no excuse for not paying for your childs education. Look at it this way

High School = Job at McDonalds - Tution = Taxes

College = Successful - Tution = $20,000

Which one do you want your kid working at? If you want your kid successful why would you make him struggle by working, and going to school when you can be a true parent by planning and paying there way through college?!
Why don't you start with learning to spell and we will work up from there, mmmkay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting