Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 11:55 AM

992 posts, read 2,376,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VACollegeStudent View Post
This post has a very angry respone, why? I think its parents feeling bad they cant support there children maybe? I have my big boy pants on and guess what there Calvin Klein my friend! Look i know i may come off entitled and i can see why you say that i guess....but there is no excuse for not paying for your childs education. Look at it this way

High School = Job at McDonalds - Tution = Taxes

College = Successful - Tution = $20,000

Which one do you want your kid working at? If you want your kid successful why would you make him struggle by working, and going to school when you can be a true parent by planning and paying there way through college?!
Maybe it's payback for being such an ingrate.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:55 AM

326 posts, read 873,349 times
Quote:
Thank you, i am not entiltled! All i am saying is i am pissed off college tution is going up, and people are making less money! Hints working more schooling less! So parents just need to slow down on having kids until they can fit the bill for there kids college!
I think you may have missed my point.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:57 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,772,509 times
Quote:
Entitled why yes, do you not know how much your worth Julia? You are a person, and deserve to be loved. If all parents love there children they would give there children everthing they deserve right?? I am not entitled just know what i deserve....do you??
"To deserve" and "to be entitled to" are synonyms, so saying, "I am not entitled but I deserve it" is nonsensical.

I am loved. My parents did not send me to school. I went to community college and paid for it myself. Later I transferred to a university, which my grandparents paid for, but I would not have loved them less or sulked about it if they were not able to. I am going back to school later this year and am not hitting my parents up for money. I will have partial financial aid from my job, and the rest will come from student loans. My husband is attending school right now, same situation.

You are confusing giving children everything they deserve with everything they want. Giving children everything they want is a very big mistake.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:57 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,099,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMassachusetts View Post
Why don't you start with learning to spell and we will work up from there, mmmkay?

Lol..I think the OP needs to have this post closed..the more he post the more he sounds like an idiot..

Old 06-29-2011, 11:59 AM

191 posts, read 358,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
Dude. I have 4 children (one of whom is a newborn), 3 dogs, a husband, a house, a business, AND I go to school full time. I have a 4.0. Quit your bitching and put your big boy pants.
Yay want a cracker! Look my friend if you want me to praise you on how amazing you are i will not. I dont care, you are prob. the most stressed out person i would ever meet, and i hope you arent stressed beacause all that sounds a tad bit unhealthy! Back to what this thread is about....you saving up for those 4 kids education?? If not i think you are a deadbeat, you may have a Masters but will your kids??

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney_rubble View Post
I think you may have missed my point.

their..hopes this helps him..

24,012 posts, read 28,511,310 times
Quote:
Thank you, i am not entiltled! All i am saying is i am pissed off college tution is going up, and people are making less money! Hints working more schooling less! So parents just need to slow down on having kids until they can fit the bill for there kids college!
My advice? Ditch the Calvin Kleins and use the extra money to pay for a basic English class. Even with a college education, you'll need to write resumes and cover letters.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:00 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,910,362 times
Sorry, buddy, there are plenty of ways to get a college education that don't entail mommy and daddy paying 20K/year in tuition. Perhaps you're talking to a lot of people who put themselves through school?

Anyway, college isn't for everyone. I would argue that basic understanding of spelling and grammar skills is a prerequisite to a successful future career, whether out of high school or college.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:00 PM

191 posts, read 358,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
Maybe it's payback for being such an ingrate.
Ingrate no way, i work hard for everything i have!

Old 06-29-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Yay want a cracker! Look my friend if you want me to praise you on how amazing you are i will not. I dont care, you are prob. the most stressed out person i would ever meet, and i hope you arent stressed beacause all that sounds a tad bit unhealthy! Back to what this thread is about....you saving up for those 4 kids education?? If not i think you are a deadbeat, you may have a Masters but will your kids??

Time for you to close this thread...you done proved what an idiot you are..Trying to put down someone who has 4 kids and goes to school fulltime PLEAZE...your mom should have swallowed you..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting