Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2011, 09:08 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,752,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Let's see: Zimbo needs to get her luggage out, You need to friend Mattie so you can see her in the silver dress (gorgeous!), Fin is (needlessly IMHO) worried about Little Miss FR and school (but she's a good mommie so I'm giving her a break), MM is keeping ahead of the dog hair and finding all the goodies at Costco, Ewag is days away from the blessed event, Mrs. X lost her book () but is looking at it as an opportunity to actually make it better....

You know. Nothing major. We just keep chuggin'.
You forgot JKcoop is still waiting on hot guy who delivers rent checks! And Hopes has a teacher who looks for apologies

Good to see you Strawflower!

Good morning all!

Old 09-20-2011, 09:13 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Morning all!

Dew - did you have a fab birthday? What did you get up to? I really really hope you had a lovely day.
It was very nice. Quiet. I needed to recover from the weekend, lol.

Morning everyone!

Old 09-20-2011, 10:23 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,958,820 times
Hola. I hope everyone is having a wonderful, peaceful day (shhhh, keep the noise down, Dew is still recovering).

I have met my karma quota today by picking up a friend returning from DC on the early flight. No more karma to give today,

Off to the grocery store. I'm feeling grilled chicken and veggie wraps w/ hummus for dinner.

Cloudy, cool, but not nearly rainy enough today.

I'll add my hugs to Straw, and I do hope Mr. Hopes is out of that doghouse.

Peace out.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:55 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,904,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
As an aside, thank you Mattie and EWEA for the tips on the invitations.
Sure, anytime! Did you have any luck with your invites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
morning all. I'm wondering, as I do every morning, why it takes DS8 a 1/2 hour + to eat a bowl of cereal.
Haha! And I thought I was a slow eater!

Quote:
It was very nice. Quiet. I needed to recover from the weekend, lol.
So glad you had a nice bday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Off to the grocery store. I'm feeling grilled chicken and veggie wraps w/ hummus for dinner.
So, Mattie, I was wondering if I can come visit you for meals? Seriously, your menu this week has been making me drool!!

straw - Sending more hugs your way!

FR - Did Miss FR have school today? How'd it go?

LSE managed to get off to school with no problem today and his teachers said he had a great first hour before becoming distressed (progress, yay!) They're not sure what happened just before the sad started. I just had a thought that maybe he's getting upset if he has to pee - he's still in pull-ups and gets upset at home if he doesn't make it to the potty...hmmm.

In other news, I'm full-term and as of today, nothing is happening on the impending labor front. So we're waiting...

Old 09-20-2011, 11:00 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Hi Ewag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
LSE managed to get off to school with no problem today and his teachers said he had a great first hour before becoming distressed (progress, yay!) They're not sure what happened just before the sad started. I just had a thought that maybe he's getting upset if he has to pee - he's still in pull-ups and gets upset at home if he doesn't make it to the potty...hmmm.
When my DS was in preschool, I used to take him to the bathroom when we arrived at school first thing every morning. It seemed to reduce bathroom anxiety issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
In other news, I'm full-term and as of today, nothing is happening on the impending labor front. So we're waiting...
Well there's only one way I know of to get the ball rolling (so to speak)!

Old 09-20-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Hi Ewag!

When my DS was in preschool, I used to take him to the bathroom when we arrived at school first thing every morning. It seemed to reduce bathroom anxiety issues.

Good idea with the bathroom before school starts - I'll try that!

And haha!

And how are you doing today, Zim?

Old 09-20-2011, 11:44 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,196,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Hi Ewag!

Or, conversely, if what Zimbo is suggesting is out of the question, try Chinese food. It may be an old wives' tale, but hey, I'm an old wife. Plus it's tasty.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:57 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Ewag: Be sure you read the studies Funisart posted on the "Tutoring" thread.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
Or, conversely, if what Zimbo is suggesting is out of the question, try Chinese food. It may be an old wives' tale, but hey, I'm an old wife. Plus it's tasty.
Haha - hell, I'm game!

Quote:
Ewag: Be sure you read the studies Funisart posted on the "Tutoring" thread.
Yes ma'am, will do! I skimmed the links before but want to give them fuller attention before I respond.

_______
Oy vey, this silly day! Ever have one of those "really, I should just go back to bed and start over again tomorrow" kind of days? Yup, I'm there. But very grateful that it's just annoying carp (somewhat literally, as the dogs got into the garbage which contained some pull-ups - yuck) and nothing serious that some Calgon can't fix.

In happy news, I FINALLY interviewed a pediatrician that I love. We've been trying to find someone new for months (I'm picky as all get out when it comes to docs - I know, I know, it's a character flaw) and I think after our meeting today that we're ready to make the switch. I am very relieved!

Ok, off to do some reading, Dew!

Old 09-20-2011, 04:11 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
I'm sure we've all had days like that, ewag. Good news on the ped!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting