Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2013, 01:32 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
I like it too,LOL. They used to sell IASW dolls and I always wanted one, and I don't generally buy stuff that screams Disney
Interesting. There aren't a lot of Small World lovers.

When I was a ride operator in college we used to send annoying/rude people through twice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 01:33 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,088,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

When I was a ride operator in college we used to send annoying/rude people through twice.
It's also the ride most cast members don't want to get stuck working.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:34 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,615 times
Default My kind of sunset!!!

Old 02-26-2013, 01:37 PM

1,260 posts, read 1,689,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I'm also guessing that people criticizing the "old mechanical" rides haven't been on the Harry Potter ride at Universal. It's amazing.
Or any of the new rides of the last 10 years or so.
Mission space
Soarin
Kali River Rapids
Rock N Roller Coaster
Buzz Light Year
Toy Story Mania.
I know I missed some

They also continually update rides. Recently they have redone, Pirates ,Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Test Track and Big Thunder Mountain. There were plenty of rehabs on smaller rides too. Shoot they have built 2 new parks in the last 20 years. It's kind of hard to bee old mechanical rides old when the park opened in 1999

Old 02-26-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

It's cheesy and silly and I've taken a few people through just because I knew they would hate it. They didn't disappoint. I think it may be because it's the first Disney ride I ever went on.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:41 PM

I prefer the mechanical rides to the newer ones. I also dislike when rides are redone, but I'm a very sentimental person. I hate when rides are redone to be politically correct.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:44 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMominRI View Post
Or any of the new rides of the last 10 years or so.
Mission space
Soarin
Kali River Rapids
Rock N Roller Coaster
Buzz Light Year
Toy Story Mania.
I know I missed some

They also continually update rides. Recently they have redone, Pirates ,Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Test Track and Big Thunder Mountain. There were plenty of rehabs on smaller rides too. Shoot they have built 2 new parks in the last 20 years. It's kind of hard to bee old mechanical rides old when the park opened in 1999
Oh man, SOARIN!!! The greatest thing since sliced bread. Seriously.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:45 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,100,559 times
I don't do motion very well. Once when I was a child I got stuck on the top of a ferris wheel for 3 hours and I remember that nightmare well. I've never mentioned it to my kids cause I didn't want to project my fear onto them.

When we went to Orlando, I barfed on the kiddie tea cups ride. I told you I don't do motion very well!

Old 02-26-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
I prefer the mechanical rides to the newer ones. I also dislike when rides are redone, but I'm a very sentimental person. I hate when rides are redone to be politically correct.
I agree, I'm not talking about updates like the PC one they did on Pirates a while back.. Some have been for the better some not so much. I like the updates to Spaceship Earth, The Haunted Mansion and Test Track . I hate what they did with the ride In Mexico though.
I hope they leave the Carousel of Progress alone, except to maybe make some minor changes to the one section that is supposed to be the future

Old 02-26-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Oh man, SOARIN!!! The greatest thing since sliced bread. Seriously.
See, I went on that ride once and was bored silly. Different strokes for different folks. I'll take Ghostrider thank you very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting