Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2014, 08:52 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
I'd like to name my kids Jacqueline, Frances, and Kerry (like Kerry Washington). The problem with Jacqueline is that for some sites, it's too many letters to personalize things (and I hate Jackie). For boys, I like Joseph, Anderson, and Ashton.

If I were to go to trendy/modern route:
Girl
Brynn
Dallas
Reese

Boy
Zane
Roman
Jace
Cannon
Kellen

Oh! Well, if it were a boy his nickname could be Trey.
With the exception of Cannon, I think the names you've pre-chosen are very nice. Cannon sounds too made up, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 08:57 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
My HS daughter goes to school with a kid named Amadeus. The other kids call him "I'm a dumbass."

There's no end to the creativity....

Old 09-29-2014, 08:59 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
All of those names are awful. "Pilot Inspektor"? wtf?

I have tried to forget "North West" and his/her awful parents, but I sometimes drive in that direction.
Lol, that makes my names look acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
With the exception of Cannon, I think the names you've pre-chosen are very nice. Cannon sounds too made up, IMO.
Thanks! I think my names are pretty okay.

Old 09-29-2014, 09:31 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
All of those names are awful. "Pilot Inspektor"? wtf?

I have tried to forget "North West" and his/her awful parents, but I sometimes drive in that direction.
Celebrities crave attention, so by giving their children unusual names, they can generate more attention, albeit at their kid's expence.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:50 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
A family member wanted to name her daughter Chesney and she made the mistake of asking her uncle what he thought of it. He told her that the boys would call her Chesty (I think he was right). She changed her mind.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:49 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
I apparently contributed to this thread before and went through all 50 pages just to find what I wrote in. And reread the posts that had me going

I've got a couple more to add:

Kashlyn [My cousin's bestie named her daughter this... I had to keep a straight face, but yea...]

And there's also "Astyanax", which is an old Greek name and the girl claimed she's such a Greek myth buff (which she's not, ask her who Apollo is, she doesn't even know the sun god, but will bring up the skater and Gwen Stefani). I had to groan when people started asking her how to pronounce her son's name and she straight up said "I don't know." She has finally settled on pronouncing it as "Austin X" Hmmm

[P.S. MightyQueen, you apparently did say your friend's kid's name in the earlier posts]

Old 09-29-2014, 02:57 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
I apparently contributed to this thread before and went through all 50 pages just to find what I wrote in. And reread the posts that had me going

I've got a couple more to add:

Kashlyn [My cousin's bestie named her daughter this... I had to keep a straight face, but yea...]

And there's also "Astyanax", which is an old Greek name and the girl claimed she's such a Greek myth buff (which she's not, ask her who Apollo is, she doesn't even know the sun god, but will bring up the skater and Gwen Stefani). I had to groan when people started asking her how to pronounce her son's name and she straight up said "I don't know." She has finally settled on pronouncing it as "Austin X" Hmmm

[P.S. MightyQueen, you apparently did say your friend's kid's name in the earlier posts]

LOL! That's what happens when an old thread is resurrected that appeared further back than my memory goes!

Old 09-29-2014, 04:48 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
Why on earth would you flinch? What do you not understand?

Chelsea's husband's name is Eastern European Jewish. Is she supposed to change her husband's last name?

When Charlotte is president, you will learn to say the name.

Trig and Tracker Palin will fall into obscurity.
I agree.....there is nothing wrong with Charlotte ...I mean how much more classic can you get?

However...no matter my personal view of the Palin clan and their behavior. .it has nothing to go with what she called her kids...and while not typical / standard .....nothing says those children will fail or are lesser than any other child because their parents didn't name them Scott or David.

Old 09-29-2014, 05:12 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
A family member wanted to name her daughter Chesney and she made the mistake of asking her uncle what he thought of it. He told her that the boys would call her Chesty (I think he was right). She changed her mind.
And some kids will pick on anyone's name. ..includin the common ones. Maybe we should stop the kids from being bullies and not blame the victim for their name.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Why on earth would you flinch? What do you not understand?

Chelsea's husband's name is Eastern European Jewish. Is she supposed to change her husband's last name?

When Charlotte is president, you will learn to say the name.

Trig and Tracker Palin will fall into obscurity.
LOL!

Charlotte is also very popular right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting