Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 07:52 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,175,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeye View Post
It actually takes 10 seconds to change a diaper. Is anyone here actually a parent?...
Gross over-exaggerations much? 10 seconds? I think not. The only way that'd be possible is if you were to not actually clean the kid (let alone give the area a bit of time to air dry so as to prevent diaper rash).

And keep in mind, this diaper SMELLED enough to warrant the attention of other patrons, so we're talking a BM here. Texas woman says restaurant kicked her out for diaper change | Local News - WMUR Home

So, if you're changing a poopy diaper in 10 seconds, you'd have to NOT be wiping the area down at all. Eww.

Mike - parent of a 1 yr old girl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 08:06 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,227,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
That being said, a 4 month old's diaper change causes that much outrage? Wth! I can't imagine that the single act of changing it was so totally disgusting to the patrons of a pizza resaurant. Unless the mom was tossing said diaper around or something.
Seriously, people. It takes about 3 minutes to change a diaper. What's the big deal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
The big deal is that it is a health department violation and an OSHA violation. It would shut down the restaurant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
Gross over-exaggerations much? 10 seconds? I think not. The only way that'd be possible is if you were to not actually clean the kid (let alone give the area a bit of time to air dry so as to prevent diaper rash).

And keep in mind, this diaper SMELLED enough to warrant the attention of other patrons, so we're talking a BM here.
So, if you're changing a poopy diaper in 10 seconds, you'd have to NOT be wiping the area down at all. Eww.
agree from someone who had 2 children when changing tables were few and far between.
The baby obviously had a BM, she changed it on a chair, the restaurant was busy and full of people eating,
it smelled, it may be a violation code in the states health dept. and her van was nearby.
Breast feeding is another topic, it can be done without anyone seeing a thing.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:43 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Even at a picnic outside, one would generally go back to the car or to a spot away from the food to change a diaper.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:56 AM

421 posts, read 556,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post

And keep in mind, this diaper SMELLED enough to warrant the attention of other patrons, so we're talking a BM here. Texas woman says restaurant kicked her out for diaper change | Local News - WMUR Home

lol you are the dad of ONE child. Trust me, your quick diapering skills get better as you a) have more, b) are a full time stay at home parents.

Poop also smells INSIDE the diaper.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:33 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Eyeye, you seem awfully defensive about this topic. I also see that you are from Houston - the same city as the offender. Please don't be another Miranda Sowers. One is enough for poor Houston.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:43 AM

329 posts, read 387,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A mom was asked to leave a restaurant for changing her baby's diaper at the table. The owners say customers complained.

Mom changes baby's diaper at restaurant - CNN.com Video
I would complain also. Not everyone wants to be a party to your diaper changing. What happened to decorum.
In fact I would probably get up and leave.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:47 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
We never changed a diaper inside a business, it was always done in our vehicle when necessary.
There is no reason at all to change a child in public if you have a vehicle in the parking lot available.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:47 AM

329 posts, read 387,871 times
Quote:
Geeze who cares.. People are such germaphobes these days. In a chair on a changing pad alone with her kids. I mean was it a nasty diarrhea? Seriously, I don't get why this is a huge deal. Perfect, nah. I once had to change my baby in a doctors office waiting room when he had diarrhea from rotavirus (worst smell ever). Cleared out the waiting room but there was no other options (foreign country), but you do what you have to do sometimes.
You are right, and you have to think of others sometimes. You have to act like you have a brain sometimes. You have to be reasonable and not change your child in front of others that are trying to eat.
I can only imagine what I would have said to her. It would not have been nice.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:56 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,175,341 times
Quote:
lol you are the dad of ONE child. Trust me, your quick diapering skills get better as you a) have more, b) are a full time stay at home parents.

Poop also smells INSIDE the diaper.
It's not a rodeo. There's no prize for quickest time.

Mike

Old 08-13-2014, 11:45 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
It actually takes 10 seconds to change a diaper. Is anyone here actually a parent?...
Ah, I am. And a 10-second diaper change is nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting