Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 06:38 AM

421 posts, read 556,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Ignoring how disgusting it is to change it there, I just can't imagine changing a nappy somewhere where I can't wash my hands right after! Was she just going to carry on eating without washing her hands?!
Ok, I agree with this. But that's her personal issue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 07:15 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeye View Post
Ok, I agree with this. But that's her personal issue
Unless the chairs, table, napkins, salt, pepper, Parmesan, chili pepper flakes, etc. are bleached between customers, it affects the next customer sitting there too.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:05 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Eyeye seems to have little to no understanding of how communicable diseases spread. But I'm not surprised, as he/she admitted in this thread that they once changed their sick child's rotavirus diaper in a doctor's office waiting room. Gross.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:48 AM

Lol I went to nursing school and my husband is a doctor

The rotavirus issue was with my 4 month old in Guatemala, at a docs office. No public restroom. He had a huge explosion of the grossest diarrhea ever. Even got in his hair. It was a 2 hour drive back to my apartment in a public taxi. I asked the receptionist, in broken Spanish, where the changing area and she directed me to two chairs pushed together around a corner. So I made the best of it. Used an entire box of baby wipes. Man it was a nightmare.

So what would you have done?

Do you all stand in bathrooms and curse out people who don't wash their hands? (Yes I wash my hands)

My entire point is everyone is taking this waaaaaay too seriously. Germs are everywhere! Do I think she should have done it? Nope. Do I think its silly they kicked her out? Yeah a warning would have been enough. Do I think its silly she then got all pisseda bout it and went on the news? Yep. Let it go lady. But do I think it was the crime of the century? Nope.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:50 AM

I did by they way tell them that area needed to be sanitized before I left and the lady went to do it

Old 08-14-2014, 09:23 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times
I know this might be difficult for some mothers to accept, but just because it is YOUR baby's poop doesn't mean it is sanitary.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:28 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,992,889 times
Quote:

The rotavirus issue was with my 4 month old in Guatemala, at a docs office. No public restroom. He had a huge explosion of the grossest diarrhea ever. Even got in his hair. It was a 2 hour drive back to my apartment in a public taxi. I asked the receptionist, in broken Spanish, where the changing area and she directed me to two chairs pushed together around a corner. So I made the best of it. Used an entire box of baby wipes. Man it was a nightmare.

Do you all stand in bathrooms and curse out people who don't wash their hands? (Yes I wash my hands)

My entire point is everyone is taking this waaaaaay too seriously. Germs are everywhere! Do I think she should have done it? Nope. Do I think its silly they kicked her out? Yeah a warning would have been enough. Do I think its silly she then got all pisseda bout it and went on the news? Yep. Let it go lady. But do I think it was the crime of the century? Nope.
You studied nursing and don't think that contact precautions would have prevented your child from getting Rotavirus? The fact that you had to use an entire box of baby wipes and were in a physician's office at the time tells us that you were aware that your child was severely dehydrated.

What would I have done? Wear gloves, wash my hands and dispose of the waste in a sealed plastic bag. Same things I am expected to do when I come into contact with patients I assess and treat.

Old 08-14-2014, 09:36 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:

If this is in fact true then you would know that if this event had been reported to staff who had then done nothing about it, any resulting illness whether caused by the restaurant or not would be attributed to this incident, aka, that would be it for this restaurant. And of course it would have been discussed on social media within hours, another nail in the coffin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
I know this might be difficult for some mothers to accept, but just because it is YOUR baby's poop doesn't mean it is sanitary.
This thread is 8 pages long and only one parent supports this crazy woman.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:08 PM

692 posts, read 1,004,923 times
Quote:
Whatever was done did BEFORE changing tables in restrooms existed.

Old 08-14-2014, 12:26 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
I actually do not think that people should bring infants or ill-behaved toddlers to restaurants at all ever. Poop or no poop. At least, not to sit down type restaurants. McDonalds is OK. Until a child can sit quietly and not assault the senses of others, he should not be found in restaurants, movies, shows, museums, really any place where the norm is quiet enjoyment of the surroundings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting