Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2016, 11:17 AM

741 posts, read 478,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
How long have you two been together? I have two pals that also thought pregnancy would be amazing, and they both ended up with Hyperemesis gravidarum. Often it's not as magical as you envision it's going to be.
We aren't dating we are talking he doesn't want a relationship until he out fully

Old 01-14-2016, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
And what happens when there are complications, and they slice you open for a c-section?

That is exactly what happened to me, and it happens to many other women.
Six weeks to recuperate and lots of limitations.
I have CP so it's very possible. Idk I would just deal women do it all the time

Old 01-14-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
One date, and he was drunk.
He was tipsy and we have known each other a year. He was on leave he's allowed to party it up if he wants he was so sweet and perfect and cute and flirty he's into me we skyped the other night and we are so attracted to each other. You're intentionally trying to make it sound bad but it's not. I know of people who literally met someone married them super fast and are happy. Or people who had one nighters and got pregnant and are married to the person and happy. That guy wants a baby so how he gets it I'm sure it won't matter he's not bad he wouldn't ever be a dead beat dad or something

Old 01-14-2016, 11:30 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,427,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab12 View Post
Everything you're saying is wrong. So military guy I knew a year and metrecently and he was into me he's talkedabout babies and marriage. The guy I was with for 3 months had 1 child by his ex wife who he was divorcing. The party I didn't want to go to because I hate parties like that and it was dumb AMF being single sucks
Sorry, my bad on the separated guy. He's 24 with one kid. Been reading too many posts in the relationship forum and got you confused with someone else.

And I went back and reread your first post about the military guy and you've met him twice, once a year ago and once 3 months ago. I wouldn't say you've really known him for a year and I wouldn't classify it as dating. Everything else I posted was accurate and I notice you didn't disagree with any of the rest of it.

In case anyone cares to read the other posts:

Taking a break in a relationship :(
Dating a guy in the military
Skipping friends engagement party?

Old 01-14-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patches403 View Post
Sorry, my bad on the separated guy. He's 24 with one kid. Been reading too many posts in the relationship forum and got you confused with someone else.

And I went back and reread your first post about the military guy and you've met him twice, once a year ago and once 3 months ago. I wouldn't say you've really known him for a year and I wouldn't classify it as dating. Everything else I posted was accurate and I notice you didn't disagree with any of the rest of it.

In case anyone cares to read the other posts:

Taking a break in a relationship :(
Dating a guy in the military
Skipping friends engagement party?
No the military guy I met for the first time the Tuesday after Christmas. Prior to that we met (startedtalking) on pof a year ago exactly. We stopped talking and then started again in the summer then it ended because he didnt want to waste my time while he was there and I'm here and he won't be out for a while (at that time it was a year and a half). He was on leave for Christmas and came back this time and we met.

I disagree with more but I was driving and it was hard to type. I have been in therapy for years with a few hiatus. I started with a new therapist about 2 months ago. So I have seen this pregnant lady for 2 months.

Old 01-14-2016, 11:37 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
He was tipsy and we have known each other a year.
Not what you said earlier...

Quote:
He told me when he gets back he wants to get me pregnant. I feel like he was being dumb though and slightly drunk because I made a comment about not having sex and he said "thats fine when I'm back we are f****** all day, I'm going to shoot some babies into you" it was kind of cute and funny but maybe drunk talk
Quote:
He was drunk (slightly) when he went out with me lol. He described to me how good his drunk driving skills were

Old 01-14-2016, 11:37 AM

2,353 posts, read 3,863,612 times
Quote:
See I think all of that is so cool though. Being pregnant would be amazing. I already know I want a natural birth. I just feel so ready but not. Like other people by 25 are ready and have kids or are pregnant (hence the girl in my program). And my therapist. Idk I just wish I could see how things would be when the military guy is back and if he would be open to it. He should be I would think but idk
You are wearing rose colored glasses.
Creating a baby is amazing, but being pregnant isn't. What if you have morning sickness for nine months and get dehydrated and have trouble getting enough nutrition? Most likely your back will hurt. You will have trouble sleeping and get winded just walking through the grocery store. Your feet will swell and complete strangers will be rubbing your belly. Everyone will give you advice and tell you that you are doing everything wrong.

You may want natural childbirth, but things can happen. With my second, there was a complication and I required an emergency c-section. It happened so fast, I wasn't even awake for the surgery.

What if your baby has a disability? It is HARD!!! Are you ready for that? It can happen.

Are you ready for sleepless nights? Dirty diapers? Spit up on ALL of your clothes? No going to the bathroom by yourself for years? Paying for childcare or not using your degree? Being a good parent is work. Endless, thankless work.

Until you are happy with yourself, how can you teach a child how to be happy? Being desperate for love is no reason to have a baby.

Old 01-14-2016, 11:38 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
We aren't dating we are talking he doesn't want a relationship until he out fully
You know those medical benefits, and military paycheck, that you mentioned in an earlier post, will go bye bye when he is "fully out".

Old 01-14-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Not what you said earlier...
Notice I said "drunk *slightly*" that's tipsy. He was not falling over wasted but he had a buzz for sure. It wasn't bad and it didn't seem to be drunk talk when I asked him aboutit on skype last week

Old 01-14-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
You know those medical benefits, and military paycheck, that you mentioned in an earlier post, will go bye bye when he is "fully out".
He will still have some I think? ? If not its ok I can work and he will eventually work and we can have 2 incomes. The only real concern I have with him is him coming back and having severe PTSD (but we can work through it I would be so supportive)and him cheating because he's a player I think lol but again I'm patient and supportive and if I get him I would work hard to keep him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting