Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 02:40 PM

26,063 posts, read 22,263,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I raised 5 children. Not once did I ever have to drag a child by any part of their body. And, I had a couple of very onery boys....one with ADHD and some of the typical behavior problems.

Seems careless disregard for the child, especially if the child hit their head....not once but you said a couple of times. I would have flipped out seeing that....Certainly not anything I would condone.

I say that the parent who witnessed this should contact their caseworker and make a formal complaint, and ask for a well baby check on their child.
I raised two boys, one with Down syndrome and challenging behavior in a major way and never dragged either by their foot. Logic tells someone with common sense that the weight of the body and it being pulled by one foot is bad math! I would be afraid that I would disjoint something.

If I saw it, I would make a complaint. Our younger son with DS was adopted as an infant but for 3 years, we searched through the "system" and became familiar with the possibilities children face in foster care. Seems like they can be very lax when it comes to their desperation in finding foster families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting