Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2017, 08:12 PM

160 posts, read 84,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgryfon View Post
There is no evidence of this, but the first thing I thought of was the several instances where an older woman has manipulated a teenage boy (or boys) into killing her husband. It's happened more than once. The mention that she is divorcing is what triggered that connection. Google "woman convinces teen to kill" or something similar if you want to verify that this occurs. For example, Pamela Smart convinced 3 15-16 year old boys to kill her husband, and the primary relationship between her and Billy also started out as 'friends.'

Now, I'm not saying that this woman was after the same, I'm simply pointing out that the problem with many relationships with large age differences is that the older person is usually in a much more powerful position and can use that power to influence the younger one into doing things that are not in their own best interests. Run away, steal money/CC info from the parents, and as shown above, even murder.

Also, not to say that this is always the case; however, if this were all above-board, there would be no need for secret middle-of-the-night calls. I would be on high-alert about this. The whole thing raises huge red flags.

Here's another thought...would any of you be comfortable with this scenario if it were your significant other having the same secret late-night calls with another man/woman that you had no knowledge of? I would not.

OP - did you ask your son what they talked about for 5 hours? the subject of the on-line game could not last that long. I would ask, if only for your own piece of mind.

You don't look for the most extreme example to not do something.

If you do, you should stop driving because people get in fatal accidents all the time.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Yes. In addition to grooming for sex much worse things could be in play. I watch that true crime show Web of Lies and this child could end up getting abducted and never seen again.

There are sick, sick people out there. I bet my parents thank the Lord above there was no internet when I was a teen.

Understand that TV shows aren't real life.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeZoo View Post
I don't know about you all but that Emerald sounds way too involved in a topic the same day she joined CD. Pretty creepy if you ask me. I think she may be the 40 year old lady the young man was contacting.

I don't like people getting falsely accused of things because people want excitement.

There is ZERO evidence the lady did anything wrong and all we get is mass hysteria, "Well she could have done it, so let's count that as guilty until proven innocent."

Why don't we just all go back to the Salem Witch trials while you're at it?

Old 02-05-2017, 09:18 PM

120 posts, read 298,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald2 View Post
I don't like people getting falsely accused of things because people want excitement.

There is ZERO evidence the lady did anything wrong and all we get is mass hysteria, "Well she could have done it, so let's count that as guilty until proven innocent."

Why don't we just all go back to the Salem Witch trials while you're at it?
You sound crazy and pretty much like your the lady he was talking too and your trying to change op's mind. You also do not sound like your a parent.

The more you reply the more it looks that way.

Old 02-06-2017, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog49 View Post
You sound crazy and pretty much like your the lady he was talking too and your trying to change op's mind. You also do not sound like your a parent.

The more you reply the more it looks that way.

There was zero evidence of any wrongdoing and yet pretty much everyone just assumed that because they thought something bad happened, that it did.

How am I crazy? Again, just saying it is not proof on its own.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:25 AM

120 posts, read 298,996 times
The point is to stop it before it became a problem. It's inappropriate and needed to be ended which it was.

On the flip side would you be OK with your 40 year old husband staying up and talking to a 16 year old girl for 4-5 hours a night all the time?

Old 02-06-2017, 07:26 AM

676 posts, read 726,321 times
He was just getting a sugar mama, he could have been set financially.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:29 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo8414 View Post
ROFL

He's 16 years old and living at home. He's already "set financially."

Old 02-06-2017, 07:32 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,013,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo8414 View Post

Well, I saw her FB profile and that doesn't look like it would be the case.

I recently checked the phone records and there have been no additional calls between them. He has been busy with lately with activities and spending time with friends.

When we discussed how her husband would view this situation, it really made our son see everything in a different light.

Thanks again to everyone for all the input. This really was a difficult situation for us to deal with. He doesn't seem to have any lingering resentment. It might be true that he felt like he was in over his head.

Old 02-06-2017, 08:23 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,544,684 times
emerald2, look up to use "multi quote" in these forums.

It will help before your next manic posting episode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting