Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 09:20 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,371,533 times

Advertisements

I would explain like this: "We were having sex." Simple and straightforward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 09:46 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,407,262 times
It's why if I ever get married and have kids, I'd make sure the door has a lock, lol. No kids wandering in unexpectedly.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:08 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Well, he didn't buy my explanation that it was just a game of Leap Frog, so I told him it is how grownups bond and make babies. The child informed us that we shouldn't do that anymore, since we're done having babies. I told him we have to because it is the law. Really, it was way less mortifying than explaining to my 12 year old son what periods are; at some point he started slowly backing out of the room.
I see a future in comedy for your son.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:15 AM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
It's why if I ever get married and have kids, I'd make sure the door has a lock, lol. No kids wandering in unexpectedly.
Ideally its always locked when you have kids and are getting frisky. But...hey sometimes ya get carried away in the middle of the night and forget to lock it...or run to the kitchen for the whipped cream and forget on your back in

Old 04-11-2017, 07:47 AM

509 posts, read 485,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post

Umm, okay??? I assume their parents forgot to lock their bedroom door and got caught. I sure hope that's the case because if they found out about s-e-x from someone else (like YouTube or another way), that'd be worse!
I am not convinced at all that it is worse to learn about s-e-x, as you call it, from YouTube than by witnessing your own parents at it. I learned 95% about s-e-x from Playboy magazines of the 1960's and early 1970's, smuggled in from a connection at school and hidden in my closet. By the time I got "the talk", I already knew it all.

I turned out OK, except for a weird passion for Stan Kenton, Pernod, and paneled walls. YouTube can't be much different (it is other sites that you need to worry about)

On the other hand, witnessing my parents doing The Deed, as you also call it, might have scarred me for life. That is weird, on a lot of levels.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:58 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,879,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I would tell them we were having sex, an activity that adults enjoy and use to express how much they love one another. I would not make a big deal about it.
This. There's really no need to get weird about it or lie and say you were play wrestling or anything like that. Don't people want their children to have healthy, appropriate views of sex and marriage?

Of course, you explain it and answer questions in age-appropriate ways.

"I'm sorry we didn't lock the door. We were having sex, which is something adults do when they're very much in love and committed to each other. Any questions? We'll lock the door from now on."

Later on when everyone's dressed and enjoying some cookies and milk or whatever, I would bring it up briefly again and explain that sex is private and it's not something you talk about in public and only with people you know and trust.

It's not that difficult.

Old 04-11-2017, 11:54 AM

1,497 posts, read 1,673,166 times
Happened to me when my daughter walked in. Explained that it was sex and that she shouldn't go into rooms with closed doors if she didn't want to see it again. Now she assumes that any time my wife and I are in a closed room and at least one of us is naked (usually due to showers or baths) that we are having sex, so she flees in embarrassment.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:11 PM

6,112 posts, read 3,925,140 times
As my friend's parents once did to him: "We were wrestling with our clothes off".

Old 04-11-2017, 02:13 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,291,852 times
I'll never understand why this topic is taboo

That's the way God made the human body to bring every one of us to the World.
That's what you came from, that's where I came from.

I don't want them to see me doing it
But I have no problem telling them that that's where everybody came from.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:36 PM

923 posts, read 1,502,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
As my friend's parents once did to him: "We were wrestling with our clothes off".
You beat me to it: wrestling.
That's the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting