Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 11:37 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post
No, I said that I know that vaccines did not cause his autism, because he was diagnosed several years before he was ever vaccinated.
You have a son diagnosed as autistic before he was vaccinated & that has nothing to do with the fact that your son had the requisite genetic combination(s) & then met the requisite inflammatory agent.

That's been my point; Autism is a multifactorial genetic disorder. Screen newborns for the genetic factors & then make appropriate recommendations from there.

A few viruses suspected: BKV, JCV, and SV40(holy freak*)
https://www.researchgate.net/publica...tmortem_brains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginge McFantaPants View Post
I think you have me confused with someone else, because I did not have the flu when I was pregnant with him. I had a nasty cold a couple of weeks before he was born, but that’s it.
I might. BKV virus symptoms are like that of the common cold. Did you change your username?

* SuzyQ, did you know about this when we had the SV40 "conversation" last year?
I sure didn't; that study came out in May.

SV40 is the simian(rhesus) virus that contaminated the Polio vaccines 1955-1963. Supposedly, better screening measures & switching to African Green Monkeys was supposed to ensure that SV40 did not resurface in our vaccine supply again.

If SV40 is actually factoring in Autism it's going to confound epidemiology studies beyond belief.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:47 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The shingles vaccine doesn't work. People actually get shingles from the shingles vaccine, which is why I won't take it.
Share your research please. My health insurance won't offer it until I'm 55. I have a friend my age, early 50s, who had shingles. No Vaccine. My husband had shingles in his 40s. I've debated going ahead and paying for the vaccine on my own because of the horror stories I've heard.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:10 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
There can be problems with some individuals who have conditions that are known, but sometimes you won't know until a bad reaction occurs. It's rare, but if that happens you can confer with medical professionals to determine the best course going forward.

We don't know everything, but what we do know is vaccines work to keep deadly diseases from running rampant though the population. That should be the starting point for everything.
I agree we cant just stop vaccinating children that would just be daft but find a way to determine what children might take ill with them beforehand, their must be a test, its silly to think they havent found a way to do a small patch or blood test to determine who should or shouldnt have vaccines.. its the 21st century and they must know surely....Reading down the page the Clinical approach. I dont recall any doctors being remotely interested when we were all lined up at the school clinic and jabbed one after the other.. The only time was after my sons very bad reaction with tics all over his body that a doctor actually said that he was to have no more vaccinations at school....that was after the event even though he was five and if they would have looked at his history they would have seen that at days old he took ill in hospital after the heel jab babies all get... which should have been seen as a red light but wasnt...

Old 08-07-2018, 12:12 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
You have a son diagnosed as autistic before he was vaccinated & that has nothing to do with the fact that your son had the requisite genetic combination(s) & then met the requisite inflammatory agent.

That's been my point; Autism is a multifactorial genetic disorder. Screen newborns for the genetic factors & then make appropriate recommendations from there.

A few viruses suspected: BKV, JCV, and SV40(holy freak*)
https://www.researchgate.net/publica...tmortem_brains

I might. BKV virus symptoms are like that of the common cold. Did you change your username?

* SuzyQ, did you know about this when we had the SV40 "conversation" last year?
I sure didn't; that study came out in May.

SV40 is the simian(rhesus) virus that contaminated the Polio vaccines 1955-1963. Supposedly, better screening measures & switching to African Green Monkeys was supposed to ensure that SV40 did not resurface in our vaccine supply again.

If SV40 is actually factoring in Autism it's going to confound epidemiology studies beyond belief.
It would be lovely if we could screen newborns for the genetic factors, but most of the genetics appears to be complex, not just single gene related.

The article you linked to is from 2010. It is intriguing, but I cannot find where anyone else has replicated the work. I cannot access the full article but I would be interested in knowing how old the subjects were at death and the causes of death. One question I would have is whether the infection happened in utero or after birth. Perhaps people with autism are more susceptible to those particular viral infections. Also, although the difference between the autistic subjects and the controls was significant, a lot of the controls were found to have the viruses, too. At any rate, the numbers in that article are too small to infer causation, so as the authors say, "We need more research."

These days the technology for looking for viruses that do not belong in vaccines is much more sophisticated. Manufacturers are very sensitive to the issue.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I agree we cant just stop vaccinating children that would just be daft but find a way to determine what children might take ill with them beforehand, their must be a test, its silly to think they havent found a way to do a small patch or blood test to determine who should or shouldnt have vaccines.. its the 21st century and they must know surely....
No they do not. This is real life, not a science fiction movie.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:22 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Share your research please. My health insurance won't offer it until I'm 55. I have a friend my age, early 50s, who had shingles. No Vaccine. My husband had shingles in his 40s. I've debated going ahead and paying for the vaccine on my own because of the horror stories I've heard.
I cant have this done as I have a compromised immune system with bad allergies to chemicals.. so Im off the list now of being offered this jab again.. some people cant have it..

Old 08-07-2018, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I cant have this done as I have a compromised immune system with bad allergies to chemicals.. so Im off the list now of being offered this jab again.. some people cant have it..
Mircea says the vaccine doesn't work and actually causes shingles. Was wondering about the research on that. My insurance company won't pay for the shingles vaccine at my age. I had Chicken Pox as a child so I am vulnerable to shingles.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Mircea says the vaccine doesn't work and actually causes shingles. Was wondering about the research on that. My insurance company won't pay for the shingles vaccine at my age. I had Chicken Pox as a child so I am vulnerable to shingles.
The new vaccine, Shingrix, is more effective. Getting shingles from the earlier vaccine would be possible but is so rare I could only find one case report.

Shingrix:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/shi...rix/index.html

"Shingrix provides strong protection against shingles and PHN[postherpetic neuralgia]. Two doses of Shingrix is more than 90% effective at preventing shingles and PHN. Protection stays above 85% for at least the first four years after you get vaccinated. Shingrix is the preferred vaccine, over Zostavax® (zoster vaccine live), a shingles vaccine in use since 2006."

The vaccine contains no live virus.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:51 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,263,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
False.

Also, just FYI, the earth is round.

Let me add on to this: ask anyone who has had shingles and I bet they wish they had known about/received Shingrix. They would probably urge you to get the vaccine. Shingles is usually extremely painful and the symptoms can take a long time to go away. If you meet the age requirement I recommend getting the vaccine.

Old 08-07-2018, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The new vaccine, Shingrix, is more effective. Getting shingles from the earlier vaccine would be possible but is so rare I could only find one case report.

Shingrix:

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/shi...rix/index.html

"Shingrix provides strong protection against shingles and PHN[postherpetic neuralgia]. Two doses of Shingrix is more than 90% effective at preventing shingles and PHN. Protection stays above 85% for at least the first four years after you get vaccinated. Shingrix is the preferred vaccine, over Zostavax® (zoster vaccine live), a shingles vaccine in use since 2006."

The vaccine contains no live virus.
Thank you. Good information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting