Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 03:16 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
why???
Because I'm nosey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 08:37 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
They used to be very popular when I was a kid. Every time a kid caught the Chicken Pox there would be a 'party'. Neither my sister and I ever caught it, but are immune.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:41 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,289,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Care to list them? I'm curious as to just what your experience is.
you show me yours and I'll show you mine

Old 10-24-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
you show me yours and I'll show you mine
OK you made me laugh!

But I'd honestly would like to know WHY you are so anti-vaccine. And how do you keep everyone healthy? You said in another thread your grandkids don't get sick. How on earth do you manage that? If someone had a burst appendix in your family would you have surgery? Give them antibiotics? Are you a holistic devotee? Brew special teas? Mustard and garlic polstices on the chest? If someone does get sick do you change their name to throw the angel of death off their track?

Like I said I'm nosey. And overwhelmed with curiosty. Help me out here. I'm always looking to learn something new!

Old 10-24-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Ignore what you need to.

Keep in mind, there is no PROOF that autism is linked to vaccinations.

The rest of your post just screams that you need to do a little more research and away from the anti-vax sites.
I guess I could just stick to the cdc sites, but they cover up toooo much of the facts, gov't sites? wweelll all that comes to mind is the great saying "he that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else"....ou can pretend that damadge from vaccines is rare, that's what the gov't wants you to believe..I've always had a mind of my own.All those pictures and sites of vaccine damadged kids and adults can't be wrong...Guess I'm just not one of the herd!

Old 10-24-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
OK you made me laugh!

But I'd honestly would like to know WHY you are so anti-vaccine. And how do you keep everyone healthy? You said in another thread your grandkids don't get sick. How on earth do you manage that? If someone had a burst appendix in your family would you have surgery? Give them antibiotics? Are you a holistic devotee? Brew special teas? Mustard and garlic polstices on the chest? If someone does get sick do you change their name to throw the angel of death off their track?

Like I said I'm nosey. And overwhelmed with curiosty. Help me out here. I'm always looking to learn something new!
You would be blown away if you ever have the chance to see an unvaccinated child. the difference between them and their vaccinated peers is shocking, almost palpable...My grandkis don't get sick...I'm not sure why (no colds, no flus no ear aches, nothing) so I attribute it to no vaccines..Every vaccinated child I know (that's most ) have all the so called childhood ailments.. I most cetrtainly would have surgery for a burst appendix, and anti biotics (the gratest discovery in medicine) is definately responsible for saving my life more than once. I am not a holistic devotee,though I may occasionally brew a good cup of tea..Just because I beleive vaccines damadge the immune system, does not make me any different than you who beleive the opposite... I hope you're not really looking to smear something new

Old 10-24-2010, 01:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Actually, I have seen many unimmunized kids. We have some in our practice. They look just like the other kids. They get the same illnesses, plus some get vaccine preventable diseases, most frequently pertussis and chickenpox.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
They used to be very popular when I was a kid. Every time a kid caught the Chicken Pox there would be a 'party'. Neither my sister and I ever caught it, but are immune.
You're not immune if you've never had it....just lucky.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
I hope you're not really looking to smear something new
Not at all. I just don't know anyone who is anti-vaccine and I have a ton of questions.

Actually I am into polstices and teas and raw foods and herbs. But vaccines? Yes! I remember polio. And we travelled more than the average family and to some pretty underdeveloped places. You bet we went down to the county health department and got our shots. Never had one evil side effect. (Must have been all the jasmine tea we were gupling down in leu of Cokes and Dr. Peppers )

Old 10-24-2010, 01:38 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,929,208 times
Quote:
I guess I could just stick to the cdc sites, but they cover up toooo much of the facts, gov't sites? wweelll all that comes to mind is the great saying "he that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else"....ou can pretend that damadge from vaccines is rare, that's what the gov't wants you to believe..I've always had a mind of my own.All those pictures and sites of vaccine damadged kids and adults can't be wrong...Guess I'm just not one of the herd!
Yes, all those sites *can* be wrong. Just because someone posts a picture to the internet does not mean the story they are posting with it is truthful. Anonymous people post all kinds of things without any real data. This is particularly true when a website advertises products that will *cure* autism or other conditions with supplements, herbal remedies, etc. Approximately 1 in 100,000 children *may* have bad reaction to vaccinations. That's a total of around 3200 children in the entire US.

No vaccine is 100% safe, but... the reason the vaccine injury court was established was to prevent manufacturers from withdrawing from the market due to lawsuits and expensive rewards (needed to care for these children, but expensive for everyone).

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/09/health/09autism.html

Quote:
Dr. Fred R. Volkmar, director of the Child Study Center at Yale University School of Medicine, said, “It appears that the rates are unchanged over the past 20 years or so, but it is important to track these numbers.”
My contention is that the rate has actually been stable for longer, but we have no studies that can look at data further back. People often were not diagnosed because the criteria were different 20 years ago. Asperger's did not even become known in the US until the 1970s.

Dorothy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting