Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 06:10 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
Just keep minding your own business and DO NOT LET HER GET TO YOU! If she's doing weird things like taking pics and what not ignore her. She's obviously CRAZY. She's probably got some mental problem (like schizophrenia or something! that's seriously what it sounds like) Or she IS bipolar. But either way, no sane, normal person acts like this. So let her continue to act like a crazy person while you ignore her (except of course if she crosses the lines when it comes to the restraining order, but even then, be polite and let her know kindly that she is violating the order)...............

And like I said in my last post, keep documenting, and seriously, seriously get a digital voice recorder. This broad obviously thinks she's righteous and never wrong and is most likely a compulsive liar. Keep that little recorder with you in case she DOES violate the restraining order and if/when you have to use it make sure you keep it hidden (like in your purse, but allow the microphone to "peep" out the top as you hold it so you can get her voice clearly)....... I have a feeling she WILL end up violating the order, so you really need to be prepared! (don't forget Mace just in case of a REALLY bad scenario!..... and even a camera/video recorder on your phone can help big time!)

I hope all works out. Hopefully karma comes through and whoops her butt!
I agree and it is important that the OP and her daughter do not do anything to these people. They both could have recorders, waiting for one of them to say something and turn it back on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 10:08 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Thanks for letting us know how things are going...do you have a follow up court date? Best of luck to you...

Old 10-19-2008, 10:09 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
i did not understand harrassment. some feel if their 7 years old is beating up on my 7 year old with a garden rack and i interfere i am harrassing their child during play time.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:07 AM

185 posts, read 652,789 times
I'm so happy to read that you made it through the hurtle OP. The Have you hired an attorney yet? You really need one, I'd also ask at the courthouse what type of attorney would be best in this situation, and if they could recommend one. It's different when you enter a courtroom and you have your attorney at your side. You say nothing and he presents everything.She wouldn't be so mouthy. You sure have a class A case of harassment.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:10 AM

168 posts, read 672,612 times
I still think this woman sounds like an obsessing psychopath. Flat out, she's dangerous, IMO.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:39 PM

12 posts, read 24,979 times
Restraining order anyone? My blood is boiling just reading your post. This woman needs a good blanket party. Call the police whenever she is harassing your daughter. What's the worst that would happen? You can document over and over what she is doing and hopefully this will get her to stop...or get her locked up! (I know some cops that will probably want to wring my neck for writing this...all the paperwork!)

Old 10-19-2008, 09:47 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMeekins View Post
Restraining order anyone? My blood is boiling just reading your post. This woman needs a good blanket party. Call the police whenever she is harassing your daughter. What's the worst that would happen? You can document over and over what she is doing and hopefully this will get her to stop...or get her locked up! (I know some cops that will probably want to wring my neck for writing this...all the paperwork!)
A blanket party...I have not heard that term since the days when my dad would tell me about boot camp in the Marines! You might have the best advice yet

She should definitely call the police every time she crosses her eyes! This woman sounds crazy!

Old 10-20-2008, 08:55 AM

168 posts, read 672,612 times
If the "system" isn't working, 1, you could move away, or, if that's not an option, and you have the money, you could always anonymously hire someone to start stalking her -- turn the tables on her and give her something else to focus on and something to worry about.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:43 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,090 times
Sadly we had something similar happen to us last year with a rather unstable neighbor/parent/school volunteer. The Principal, School Board, School Liason Officer, Cops the whole shabang were involved.
To cut a long story short ... several neigbors/parents (some I didn't even know) came forward on my behalf and informed the Principal of some of the outrageous stunts the woman had pulled in the past, and what she was upto at present. Several parents were actually considering pressing harrasment charges against her. Until then the Principal was under the impression that this woman was wonderful and that her kids could do no wrong. The parent finally tripped herself up when she harrassed a school employee on school grounds regarding the whole situation.

Thankfully, it didn't have to go as far as your case. She was her own undoing in the end and the cops (I think) told her.

I hope you are making headway with this. I certainly know how uncomfortable it all is. Just stay well away from her and her family. You are doing the right thing!

How is your daughter coping with it all? Stay strong and hang in there!

Old 10-21-2008, 08:54 AM

809 posts, read 2,884,476 times
I don't understand how ADULTS end up acting this way. It all sounds so CHILDISH! (Can I ask..... in GCBSPOKE'S case AND TET TEA's case..... were both of these women stay at home moms????) Cuz that is the only explanation I can come up with. They are UTTERLY BORED with their lives and sit and watch too many soap operas and have nothing better to do but think up craziness and then act it out! UGH! I hate drama!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting