Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2009, 11:25 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,762,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Jon & Kate did not have 6 children under the age of 7 prior to the next 6.

They both had the capacity to find employment (Jon in IT & Kate is a RN). Kate worked nights the first year of the octuplets. They were not living off their parents or living off workers comp.

What is upsetting, at least to me, & what I gain from some other poster(though not speaking for them), is the self-righteous attitude along with not taking responsibility for her actions.

As for comparing THIS single mom to Jon & Kate...yes, a second person is definitely a help in every single way.

I don't necessarily agree with Jon & Kate or the Duggars...but the issues here are not the same. They are just not the same.

There is a definite mental issue with this woman which in & of itself is very concerning.
Her very motives are suspect. She's done several things that make me pretty damned sure that money was the reason she did this, and not the kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 11:28 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,528,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I think it's deplorable the way TV shows and magazines are flocking to interview this woman, but they do that because people watch the shows. If you're outraged about the situation, don't watch! If the Today Show's viewers had disappeared this morning, I bet they wouldn't ask her back, but people have to indulge their morbid curiosity and their sense of outrage, so they watch. I bet Today's numbers were very high today, and they'll bring her back again.

The Today show is usually on in the morning at my house, but I turned it right away when I saw they were going to be talking to whatever-her-name-is. (I did see the bit about Caylee Anthony's mom first, unfortunately.)
I am happy to know that the babies will be on the show on Monday.
And I will not be watching.

Once I heard Matt Lauer tell Anne Coury "Congratulations" b/c she got the interview...I was upset even before the lady started talking.

I wanted to hear, just in case there was some validity to the mom.

Case closed. She's wacko. And her children will have lifelong struggles due to her greed.

To think a baby was born at 1.5lbs & she is signing agreements with PR firms....if that doesn't anger a person, I just don't know....

The interview just put me (or I allowed myself) in a mood.

Enough. Time to go have lunch with my children & just be grateful I have the life I do.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:35 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,528,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Jon and Kate had it hard at the beginning, Kate was spending $15 a week per person on food - that was pretty close to going to a food bank had the TV not stepped in. They are living off TV contracts now (with 8 children) and nobody is begrudging them.
And Jon & Kate did go to the food bank & they did go to the Salvation Army for heating assistance.

And there is a whole thread on how Jon & Kate have seemed to sold out

Again, just not the same issues.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:47 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,469,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
To think a baby was born at 1.5lbs & she is signing agreements with PR firms....
That's a bit of the other way around. If there are buses and throngs of reporters parked out on your front lawn and every time you make a step in any direction you are blinded by flashlights your only sanity is in hiring a PR firm.

I am just finding it hard to commit to any side at this point... I don't know about this lady enough. I am leaving it up to her to convince me one way or the other.

PS: This is an idea. Maybe our own convinctions are influencing our judgement. I know that 121804 is done having children (right?). I have always wanted to have plenty, to have a housefull of kids. (I started late and it's not going to happen but that's un-related). Maybe this makes me upprehensive watching her living my dream (of children, not of single parenthood).

Old 02-06-2009, 11:50 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,499,114 times
This woman is pathetic.... You don't have kids unless YOU can afford them.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:53 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,469,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
This woman is pathetic.... You don't have kids unless YOU can afford them.
That makes for a majority of parents. Esp. teenage ones.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:54 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,543,571 times
But even for Jon and Kate there are choices. They knew they could have more than one, although I think they got 6 a much different way then this women did. They do have degrees to find work. I too find it less then wonderful that having these 6 kids seems to have become a busieness. Ibstead of being thankful that they lived in a time that gave them options to have children and a family. They now are living off that gift. I think that is wrong. THere are soo many people now that are living on not much at all. Are we getting shows.. no. This lady is clearly nuts. She acts like she is THe gift of Mothers. I onlt listened to her a short time but never did she say what this could do with the children she has now. Of course if they ask her kids they will be excited about the babies. She thought of what she wanted to do. I didn't hear about her children at all. She has some mebtal issues and to say because of her troubled childhood she wants lots of kids. If she did have a trouble childhood did she learn any tools to be a good parent? This is really unreal. The how this happened medically to this women getting the spot light for doing it.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:56 AM

431 posts, read 1,643,512 times
my biggest problem is the fact that she is so busy with the press and trying to get deals for her story that she is not focusing on those kids. she is so focused on HER issues and what SHE wants and bad mouthing the working moms for helping to support their families. where does she get off! I worked for a few years when I first adopted my kids and then took a year off before my son goes to school full time and now I am looking for work to help my DH support our family. lets face it raising kids isn't cheap.

the damage control just caused me to be more upset by her stupidity. I also don't think that you can compare this nut job to the duggars or jon and kate. I may not agree with them but atleast they are not portraying the better than you attitude and calling working moms irresponsible. I have more respecto for the duggars and for jon and kate than I could ever muster up for a woman like this.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:04 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,499,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
That makes for a majority of parents. Esp. teenage ones.
Yes, but teenage parents should not exist at all. If you say "oh but it's an accident," teens should NOT be having sex at all. And if they feel like they absolutely HAVE to, then they should be using at least TWO forms of contraception and be using them CORRECTLY. However, even this is not 100% fullproof and they shouldn't have sex at all PERIOD. ANYONE who is not financially able to support a child really shouldn't be having sex at all.

And anyway, I was talking about the original woman on this thread who is THIRTY three years old, living with her parents, and has 14 kids now. She had the first one when she was 26 according to the news story.

Old 02-06-2009, 12:38 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,675,873 times
I think I heard her say the same doctor did the previous embryo implants. She felt she was entitled to have all the embryos implanted at once because they were her embryos. She thinks she will be able to afford to take care if the children after she graduates. I have a feeling those children won't be in her care for long. She'll screw-up and will be deemed an unfit parent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting