Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 05:44 AM

550 posts, read 1,215,163 times

Advertisements

Your 21 years old... you have gone past expecting to be givven a car by your parents, and to be told when to go home. I baught my first car when I was 18 with my own money...sure it wasn't the coolest of cars(volvo 740) but it did the job...
And yes your parents seem to be treating you and your brother differently... I was treated very bad by my mother so I brokeoff all contact. best thing I ever did.

When you are only depending on your self nobody else can let you down!
I have some rules in my life to keep myself out of trouble:
1. Never depend on anyone else
2. No really, DON'T!

Old 12-27-2013, 01:17 PM

12 posts, read 38,085 times
I had a similar experience with a friend's seven-year-old when they spent the night at my house. I had received a brand new Ipad as a gift and showed it to my friend. Later on I see that the little girl was walking around with it in her hands, and I took it away from her and put it away on my desk. I was expecting my friend to tell her something about taking it without permission. Nothing. About a half hour later, here she comes, again, with it in her hands. I took it away, again, and this time put it away in a locked closet and I told her at the same time, "you DO NOT touch things that DO NOT belong to you!" And I turned around to close the door of the room and the BRAT hits me in the back! Again mom does NOTHING!!!!

Yes, I know that I need to limit my time around the child, and yes I know also that I should NEVER EVER have them over again, and I also know she's NOT my kid, so I have NO business scolding her, etc., etc., etc., but, I'm sorry, there's NO excuse for hitting an ADULT!!!! I know that for a fact, that, if I would've pulled this as a child, my dad would've smacked me on the butt AND would've, at the very least, go and apologize to the person I hit. There was never an excuse for disrespecting an adult EVER.

Old 01-01-2014, 08:17 PM

13 posts, read 19,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyfrost01 View Post
Really if something is truly wrong, you should tell Child Services or the Police and let them decide what to do. You should never take matters into your own hands unless its a life saving move.
this is one of my favorite posts in this thread. Its completely ridiculous. call the cops or child services before saying somehting to the parents thats a good way to keep friends around.

also the comments about butting out and none of your business. That is typical of people who don't really care and brush it off as "their not my kids im staying out of it". Contrary to that belief, if you see a friends kids do things that the parents may not see you most certainly do need to let them know. If you are a good friend you WILL ask the parents who did not do anything WHY they didn't. If they are people who accept accountability then they will digress and take what you say and learn from it. If they get angry and tell you some BS about how don't tell them how to raise their kids well then, you pretty much don't have to go over again but at least you let them know how you feel. Communication is everything.

this world is so messed up because of people who just turn the other cheek to things. there is no change or learning that comes from that.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:00 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post

Frustrating. I am not even a parent and I can see this - why can't they?
Because they are the parents. Some parents got blinders on when it comes to their kids wrong doings. I see it all the time...

Old 01-03-2014, 02:04 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,962,532 times
The OP is from 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting