Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 03:13 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,921,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
From the Hooters website:

"The element of female sex appeal is prevalent in the restaurants, and the company believes the Hooters Girl is as socially acceptable as a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader, Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, or a Radio City Rockette."

BBM, It definitely advertises to men. There's nothing wrong w/ that, just don't think it's a place for a 10 yr olds b-day. I haven't been to Hooters in years, but I sure don't remember seeing a bunch of kids there.
I agree. I have brought my kids there a few times (LOL yeah I'm guilty..their uncle talked me into it) and they really don't see the big deal (well my 9, 7 and 5 year olds don't, but my 12 and 14 daughters obviously do). However, that doesn't mean I approve of the restaurant. There are plenty of other choices with practically the same food that don't have that sex appeal to them..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2010, 03:15 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,212,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
I agree. I have brought my kids there a few times (LOL yeah I'm guilty..their uncle talked me into it) and they really don't see the big deal (well my 9, 7 and 5 year olds don't, but my 12 and 14 daughters obviously do). However, that doesn't mean I approve of the restaurant. There are plenty of other choices with practically the same food that don't have that sex appeal to them..
that is my point.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:15 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,921,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
My point is Hooters is not boob-centered. The tank tops are form-fitting, but there are flat chested girls with nothing to show in them. People are more hired for their general attractiveness, friendliness and extroversion than their bra size.
Are you blind?!?! I've been there more than once and have NEVER seen a women who's is even remotely flat-chested.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:19 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,310,343 times
Quote:
Are you blind?!?! I've been there more than once and have NEVER seen a women who's is even remotely flat-chested.
I've worked at three Hooters in NY. I've also visited multiple locations in Connecticut, Maryland, D.C. and California. Yes, there are girls that work there who have nothing to speak of.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:20 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,236,094 times
Quote:
My point is Hooters is not boob-centered. The tank tops are form-fitting, but there are flat chested girls with nothing to show in them. People are more hired for their general attractiveness, friendliness and extroversion than their bra size.
It's funny, the flat chested ones didn't make the Hall of Fame. Funny how the one waitress says, "After 25 yrs, you know what Hooters is all about", and the camera flashes right into her chest before she brings the plate up.

:: Hooters Hall O Fame::

Old 05-20-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
that is my point.
And there are plenty of places that your children will not be engaged in play and fun centered around them.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahskye View Post
Funny how the one waitress says, "After 25 yrs, you know what Hooters is all about", and the camera flashes right into her chest before she brings the plate up.

:: Hooters Hall O Fame::
You see what you want to see.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:48 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,185,854 times
I actually don't think Hooters is that bad, but I certainly wouldn't call it a family place. And with so many choices to have a kid's party at, why pick a place that people may object to.

EDIT: My biggest problem is the food just isn't that good.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:47 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,375,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post
Yeah, most people go there for the wings. And most guys read playboy for the articles. Right.

Most people do not consider the hooters' uniform to be 'ordinary streetwear'.
I go to hooters, and yes, its for the wings, and I've taken my son. I could care less what they are wearing. I'm sure my DH enjoys the outfits, but its usually me that wants wings.

Quote:
I don't know her motivations, but then again, I don't know the motivation of some girl telling me last week that she got hired at my H location and they made her dance on the bar (she apparently didn't know that I worked at that location when she told me). My response, "Oh, I work there, it's like any corporate place, if not a little more strict, there's no 'dancing on the bar'." Her response, "Oh."

Um, yeah. I think I got the picture.
I'm sure you can't speak for every Hooters because you've worked at 3. Even on that Undercover Boss episode featuring Hooters, the manager was filmed exploiting the girls by making them bend over and eat beans without like dogs to get out of the shift. I'm sure you've never experienced this yourself, but you can't really say it never happens, because it did. He wasn't even fired, which was outrageous.

Quote:
Yes, I've been served by flat chested woman, as well as VERY pregnant women. I am no longer allowed to choose where I want to be seated .

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I actually don't think Hooters is that bad, but I certainly wouldn't call it a family place. And with so many choices to have a kid's party at, why pick a place that people may object to.

EDIT: My biggest problem is the food just isn't that good.
I agree, no problem taking my kid in there on a road trip or for a quick bite to eat when I see it.... but having any kind of kids party there is just STRANGE.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:19 PM

853 posts, read 4,042,605 times
I don't think I would want my son to learn to look at other women, especially women in skimpy clothes, from his Dad, at the age of 10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting