Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2007, 10:10 AM

6 posts, read 23,492 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I live in Southern Maryland but my parents live in Pennsylvania and next October we are getting married but looking for a place up in the mountains of western side. I have tried to google and didn't come up with much. It would be just 6 of us not a real big wedding. I always wanted to get married in the fall up on a mountain with breath taking views. If anyone knows of any hidden hotspots, I would be so appreciated. Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 05:34 AM

16 posts, read 63,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleemandy View Post
Hi everyone. I live in Southern Maryland but my parents live in Pennsylvania and next October we are getting married but looking for a place up in the mountains of western side. I have tried to google and didn't come up with much. It would be just 6 of us not a real big wedding. I always wanted to get married in the fall up on a mountain with breath taking views. If anyone knows of any hidden hotspots, I would be so appreciated. Thanks for any help.
Have you checked out the Bedford Springs Resort? [url=http://www.bedfordspringsresort.com] They just opened over the summer. I haven't been there, but I've found it online while searching for things about Bedford. It looks beautiful. BTW - Congratulations!!

Last edited by Jennifer823; 10-29-2007 at 05:36 AM.. Reason: added more info

Old 07-24-2008, 01:26 PM

5 posts, read 15,597 times
There is a wonderful place in port Matilda ..St. Joseph Institute - Promoting health, wellness, personal and spiritual growth[/url]
My boyfriends brother is getting married there next year and they fell in love with the place. very nice view will be great in fall http://www.stjosephinstitute.com/

Last edited by Retired Law 08; 07-25-2008 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: fixed site

Old 07-25-2008, 03:37 PM

2,309 posts, read 2,313,018 times
Nemacolin

Old 07-26-2008, 12:57 PM

77 posts, read 336,055 times
Default Forest and Warren Counties

If you want an outdoor wedding consider getting married at the Tidioute overlook Tidioute Overlook in northwestern Pennsylvania which is high above and looking down on the Allegheny river and then you could stay here:http://www.gatewaylodge.com/ near Cooks Forest which is a short drive from the overlook:

You can Google Tidioute Overlook as well as Tidioute area Bed and Breakfasts. Also try Google for Allegheny National Forest and Kinzua.

Good luck and best wishes!
Mike

Old 07-26-2008, 04:05 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,791,947 times
Thumbs up Congrats!!

Kudos to you and yours on your pending nuptials. From your post it's a little hard to tell if you just want any scenic mountaintop for your ceremony or if you want somewhere to hold it at located in the mountains.

In either instance, try Somerset County. There's Seven Springs or Hidden Valley resorts. Both are located in the Laurel Highlands which are beautiful in the fall. Also, There's State Parks or even the Appalachian Trail around Confluence.

Somerset County is right over the MD border and seems located "in the western side" where you'd like to be. It's also home to Mt. Davis, the highest point in PA. Talk about mountaintop view

Old 07-26-2008, 08:08 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,791,947 times
Lightbulb One other thought....

If all you're looking for is a scenic spot to have a wedding... check out the Conemaugh Gap scenic overlook, just west of Johnstown, PA on Rte. 56.

The overlook provides a georgeous view of the gap and the mountains around it
Attached Thumbnails
Wedding in mountains-conemaugh-gap.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania