Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 09:55 AM

1,518 posts, read 6,692,333 times

Advertisements

End of August is what I heard too for the bridge. Hope they stay on schedule. I'm ready for it to be done too. We use Mill Road a lot from where we live and getting stuck in all that detour traffic can be annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 11:58 PM

2 posts, read 4,137 times
Texas roadhouse is one of my favorite chain restaurants period. Great atmosphere. Prime rib is amazing. Thats about all I ever get

Old 12-10-2013, 10:45 AM

63 posts, read 156,198 times
Default Mercado Burrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakiSake View Post
After hearing much rave, my wife and I ate at a Chipotle Mexican Grill on Jonestown Rd near Harrisburg this past weekend. I must say it was delicious! The food was "fast" in the method of preparation, however not a typical fast food place. It was trendy, modern and their business model was great.

"The restaurant is known for its large burritos, assembly-line production, and use of natural ingredients. The company has released a mission statement called Food with Integrity, which highlights its efforts in using organic ingredients, and serves more naturally raised meat than any other restaurant chain. Chipotle is one of the first chains of fast casual dining establishments" -Wiki

The price point was perfect for this area, and I think it would do really well around here. Just a suggestion, I hope one of the "scouts" reads this forum and considers the area as a place of interest. :-)
Mercado Burrito is opening another shop in the Current Kinfolks Restaurant in Downtown Selinsgrove. I wonder when...? A Friend of mine told me about it. I'm excited because they are similar to Chipotle except not a "Chain"

Old 12-10-2013, 02:31 PM

226 posts, read 760,791 times
Kinfolks is closing Dec 16th and Mercado Burrito will open mid Jan...........Lee

Old 12-10-2013, 08:48 PM

1,518 posts, read 6,692,333 times
Thanks for the news. I had no idea Kinfolks was closing. I'm out of the loop these days.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:33 PM

44 posts, read 127,724 times
Sig other is a Civil Engineer whose company has the design "plans" for the new bridge (147 to Winfield).
Bypass finish date: 2024.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:12 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,593,366 times
Last good Mexican Restaurant in Selinsgrove was "The Teddy Bear", now that's going back a long time ago. Guy was from California that opened it and knew how to prepare good Mexican food, use to be near the RR tracks on Pine Street in a tiny building, where the First National Bank ATM resides now, then they moved right behind where Kinfolks (use to be a Five and Dime) is.

Mercado Burrito looks like someone's attempt to copy Chipotle Mexican Grill.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:11 AM

Smile Mercado Burrito

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauskies View Post
Last good Mexican Restaurant in Selinsgrove was "The Teddy Bear", now that's going back a long time ago. Guy was from California that opened it and knew how to prepare good Mexican food, use to be near the RR tracks on Pine Street in a tiny building, where the First National Bank ATM resides now, then they moved right behind where Kinfolks (use to be a Five and Dime) is.

Mercado Burrito looks like someone's attempt to copy Chipotle Mexican Grill.

My wife and I went to Mercado Burrito this weekend with my son. Service was fast and food was delicious! The Lewisburg Mercado is indeed set up like Chipotle where they prepare in front of you. The Selinsgrove Mercado is more like an "order at the door" kind of place where they bring food to the table. Both models seem to work great! I'll be going back. The place was hopping for only having been open for 4 days.

Old 07-02-2015, 09:34 AM

Looks Like they are making progress on the new Moe's Southwestern Grille set to go next to Susquehanna Bank in MM. Also they are excavating for the new BDubs (Buffalo Wild Wings) in the vacant lot next to Kohl's.

I also read an article in the Daily Item Hotel headed for Monroe Marketplace? - The Daily Item: News saying that the Monroe Twp Zoing Committee was approached about the progress of a new 4-story hotel to go in beside Kohl's as well. Who knows if that will actually happen.

Old 07-02-2015, 11:40 AM

6 posts, read 36,342 times
Default The new super Hummels Wharfs Monroe Marketplace info thread

thanks a bunch.. will hop right on this and get my room reserved....

Hows the parking situation at this hotel, similar to toledo? will have to browse through the website
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania