Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 07:00 PM

487 posts, read 1,379,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
Sounds like it may be out of my price range (<$150K, preferrably), but I will check it out. I don't mind a "diamond in the rough", if there is one to be had in that area.
Yes, I think it might be.

Happy hunting & good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2007, 09:05 PM
MLG

25 posts, read 93,264 times
I actually lived in Spring Hill for 20+ years with my family. I loved it. Far enough away from the city, but there are still things to do. Homes in Spring Hill are quite pricey. I'm not sure if you would be able to find anything under $150K. But there are many other areas around there that you would be able to find a decent house. Mt. Gretna is another nice area...very woodsy if you like that type of thing. Both of these areas are in the Cornwall-Lebanon School District. One of the best schools (in my opinion)in the area. Deffinitly wayyyy better than Lebanon City.
Manheim is another nice area that is close to Lebanon. My father lives there and there are many new developments being built. The schools near here are also very good. I hope this helps you with your decision.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:03 AM

2 posts, read 9,113 times
If you happen to have a dog I have a great Mobile dog groomer. Its called Mikes Mobile Mutts. mike's mobile mutts (http://www.mikesmobilemutts.com - broken link) He is wonderful, and come right to your home! :-)

Old 02-07-2008, 09:14 AM

16 posts, read 49,104 times
Smile lebanon or berks

We moved in Sept from Ohio to Richland Pa. I am very happy with the school systems. When I was looking at realestate I found I could find alot more bang for my buck in Lebanon County. It is very rural and the spreading of the manuer on the fields I still haven't gotten use to, but the people are friendly. I had heard rummors mostly from this forum that people were not welcoming to newcomers. I have not found this to be the case. Happy hunting!

Old 02-07-2008, 09:04 PM

22 posts, read 107,203 times
You might want to try areas just west of Reading, such as Wernersville, Robesonia, Bernville, and Lower Heidelberg. Conrad Weiser is a good schoold district. Wilson, which covers some parts of Wernersville and Lower Heidelberg is a very great school district. I highly recommend it. I haven't heard either good or bad about Tulpehocken. I live in Sinking Spring, which is just east of Wernersville and have a friend who lives in 200 year-old, historic home in Wernersville. Those areas are rather small and quaint, but convenient areas to live in. Once you get into Sinking Spring it becomes more heavily populated and expensive.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:31 AM

4 posts, read 10,171 times
Smile womelsdorf

Hi, I live in womelsdorf, and it is almost perfectly middle of lebanon and reading, 15 miles to reading and 14 to lebanon. nice cosy town ive lived here all my life. crime rate near 0 half the time i don't even lock my doors at night. never a problem in 20 years. and 422 is right here. less then a half mile away. your route to leb and reading. id say womelsdorf is the best for you if you have jobs in both of them cities. or you could chose to live very close to one job, and the other person drive the distance in a very fule efficent car. or both and live in womelsdorf, very friendly town, old school town where everyone knows you after a while. womelsdorf is comming up on 300 years old. most of the homes in town on high st. are over 100 years old. some over 200. and of course there are some new developements behind the school was developed in the early 90's and accros the highway mid 90's next to mc donalds early 2000's and just recently up near penn hill park very nice 55 plus community is being built started a few years ago and is still growing. if you are of the age I strongly suggest you check that area out, if you are comming from lancaster area you want 419 north brings you right into town, at the stop sign there is a church on your left, turn left and drive about a mile or 2 till you come up to the top of the hill 419 breaks off at 3rd st. just follow high st. past another church, past the fire house and you come to penn hill park the nicest area in town very quiet. check let me know how you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
Hello,

My husband and I are looking to relocate from Lancaster County, to an area in Lebanon or Berks County (I work near Reading, he works in Lebanon). We are looking for a peaceful, rustic kind of place, and are seriously considering living somewhere in the Eastern Lebanon School District (i.e. Myerstown, Newmanstown, Richland, Shaefferstown, etc.). If not Eastern Lebanon, I thought areas within Tulpehocken or Conrad Weiser School District may be good options (Womelsdorf, Bernville, etc.).

Can anybody provide information about these areas, such as what the communities are like, what are the taxes like, is there much crime in these areas, etc. Also, what is the availability of rustic or older homes in these areas? What can I expect living there? Pro's and Con's would be helpful for us.

Thanks in Advance

Old 05-15-2008, 06:44 AM

4 posts, read 10,171 times
to some it up womelsdorf is that town that knowbody heard of and everyone wants to live in cause of the tranquillity, we got a mc donalds, true value hardware store, boyers food market rite aid, state liquoir store, beer distributer, LJ fitness center 2 banks library very good home italian P and J pizza and subs, VERY GOOD and if you have the money Stouch tavern high class resturaunt VERY VERY GOOD famous in berks county actually Lincoln ate there back in the day. tells you how old and well established that resturaunt is. plus we have two parks the town park, and the conrad weiser homestead. both very clean and beautiful. there is also a landry mat if you need it. and a hasslers gas station with the best gas AAmaco. the only draw back is good paying employment is hard to find right in this area, but you both have jobs. there are also 3 social clubs, the womelsdorf rod and gun club womesldorf fire company and the womesdorf vfw. that about somes it up, if you have any more questions feel free to ask me Jgraupp99@gmail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania