Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 11:15 PM

3 posts, read 7,765 times

Advertisements

There is a library. It's small naturally. Itis located on 7th Street right by the river. It is directly across the street from the old school that was recently torn down. I went to kindergarden there and my father graduated high school there.

Flooding, I've seen pictures of some flooding and once when I was very little flooding occured. I wasn't allowed to see it but I now my grandmothers place was okey. (Mid 7th street). acouple house down from there people experienced water in the basement. The old school had about 3 feet of water. I have not heard of a flood since then. I'm thinking around 1964, not positive.

Rocks came down from the mountain and covered rte 150 between Renovo and Lock Haven. I think that was in 1999. I used an alternative root through right through Hyner and the forest to get back to Lock Haven.

They have a dollar store now. No big stores Walmart is near Lock Haven which is 28 miles away,

When I go to Renovo I always let people know who I am related to (which is almost everyone according to my parents) So I don't know how they would react to a complete stranger. I've taken many people there and they believed the people were very friendly and nice. But, I do see a differance when I name drop.

I hope that helped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by openless View Post
i was wondering if i could ask everyone some questions, if thats cool. i want to know all about renovo pa and the surrounding areas, i have been through there and visited hyner view and hyner run. i know its a pretty quiet little place, very remote, very mountainous, close to the river, and about a half hour northwest of lock haven. but any information you provide could help me! thanks for your help in this matter! ~Daniel~

do they have a hospital, dentist, doctor, etc in town
do you have high taxes there
is flood insurance required for homes
do you have a library
do they have free high speed internet access at the library
do they have high-speed cable or DSL internet
do they have cable or DISHnetwork
how often does the town flood
how many jobs are actually in town
how many people travel to lock haven for work.
do they have any chinese or asian restrauntants
how many bars in the area
how many hotels in the area
is there any public land, i know sproul state forest is close by
is the majority of the heating electric, oil, natural gas or coal.
how much snow falls in a year
do they have any 24 hours stores in town
do they have car repair shops in town
how are the natives? how do they treat transplants
when was the last time someone moved to into town
do they have a variety of churches in the area?
is there any diversity in town, or is it mostly caucasian
do they have to have emissions & inspection tests on cars
what is an average rent for a small apartment / house
how far do you have to travel for cvs, walgreens, walmart, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 11:25 PM

Smile motel near Renovo

The old Summerson's Motel has new owners and is open. The Motel is in North Bend on Rte 120. It was very nice. Clean and it even had a Referator (sm) in the room. Long distance calls are free but you have to go to the office area to use the phone. There is no phones in the room unless that chaned in the last 6 months. It's called Tripp's Four Seasons Motel. 119177 Renovo Road, North Bend Pa 17760. (tripp'sFour Seasons Motel120@comcast.net) I hope this helps someone. Have a nice Tripp, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alishadiane View Post
Hello. My husband will be traveling to your area in 6-8 weeks. We will be staying in your area for 6-7 months with his job. I am trying to find lodging that will accomodate us and my daughter. (Seperate quarters, she is 13) I would appreciate any help that anyone could provide for me. The internet hasn't been very helpful. Thanking you in advance, Alisha

Old 06-14-2009, 11:30 PM

Question Renovo Pa

I love Renovo too. I always will I guess. I was born there. I am glad to hear you say that you had no problems with acceptance from the people because I often think of going back. What attributes do you feel that Renovo has which resulted in your love for the place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renovo resident View Post
Hi everybody,

I am a new resident of Renovo and love it here! If anybody has any questions about Renovo (and surrounding area), I would be more than happy to help.

Old 07-11-2009, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 5,626 times
if your moving there you better not be very controversial and you better know someone there because the people there are not real receptive to outsiders and its a small town in PA so diversity and controverity werent really there thing the last time i was there. When i went up there with 2 of my friends i was constantly refered to as that girl from Lock Haven with and then my friends names. I had been going up there for about 4 years and still wasnt in.

Old 09-04-2009, 08:37 PM

2 posts, read 4,700 times
I would like to know if anyone knows of a meat markert or grocery store in and around Renova that is noted for their sausage. We have a Tavern in Edinboro Pa. that purchases the sausage from Renova and has for years. The person who owned the tavern/Resturant had family in Renova and always traveled to Renova for this sausage. Can anyone help ?????

Old 09-04-2009, 08:42 PM

2 posts, read 4,700 times
Red face Homemade Sausage From Renova,Pa.

I would like to know if anyone knows of a meat markert or grocery store in and around Renova that is noted for their sausage. We have a Tavern in Edinboro Pa. that purchases the sausage from Renova and has for years. The person who owned the tavern/Resturant had family in Renova and always traveled to Renova for this sausage. Can anyone help ?????

Old 10-13-2009, 06:51 AM

2 posts, read 5,249 times
i need any info on housing in renovo i can get we are looking for a home quickly any rentals there???? or cheaper houses?

Old 10-13-2009, 08:46 AM

712 posts, read 1,970,348 times
For what you would spend in one year to live in any City in Pennsylvania, you could live like a KING in Renovo.

But you better like nature and hunting, because those are the only two industry's up there.

I went bear hunting up there many time and I love the place to death.

Like others has said, there is no night life and you are not going to find your perfect match unless you belong to one of the churches or other places to gather. There just isn't anything much to do up there besides hunt and watch nature.

Commutes to work might be long, but there is no traffic. People leave town to go to work and they come home when the work is over.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,753 times
Hi My family use to spend every summer their when I was a kid. Had alot of cousins and family. We were related to the Perrys and Nyharts. Was just wondering how everyone has been. It has been about 15 years since I was there.My name is Bev my mothers name was Wanetta Niebling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania