Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 02:23 PM

2 posts, read 4,006 times

Advertisements

Emergency Powers Bill Approved by House and Senate!

Today, An omnibus legislative package passed the State House and State Senate and is on the way to Governor Ed Rendell (D). This legislation contained a number of pro-gun provisions for Pennsylvania gun owners. Among the provisions was an "Emergency Powers" provision prohibiting any government agency from arbitrarily confiscating firearms during a state of emergency, such as occurred in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=4203 (broken link)

Other important provisions include:

· Establishing lawful carry of a concealed firearm in state parks.

· Funding for the acclaimed "Don't Lie For The Other Guy" program administered by the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

· Emergency permitting system for concealed carry licenses for individuals who are under immediate threat.

We would like to thank everyone involved for the hard work in passing this important legislation!

Please call Governor Rendell today at (717) 787-2500 and respectfully urge him to sign HB 1845.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 02:55 PM

558 posts, read 1,834,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightSpot View Post
Emergency Powers Bill Approved by House and Senate!
Great news! I wish people would realize that taking guns away from law abiding citizens only gives the criminals more power.

The Government can pass all the anti-gun laws they wish but the only way they'll take away my guns is by prying them out of my cold dead hands. R.I.P. Charlton Heston .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightSpot View Post
Please call Governor Rendell today at (717) 787-2500 and respectfully urge him to sign HB 1845.

I would be surprised if he signed it though.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:58 PM

69 posts, read 252,771 times
According to the NRA, Obama will restrict gun ownership if elected.

Gun Ban Barack Obama

Old 10-29-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian2003 View Post
According to the NRA, Obama will restrict gun ownership if elected.

Gun Ban Barack Obama
They said the same thing when Bill Clinton was elected . The president doesn't have the power to take away the 2nd amendment anyway. Us gun owners will be fine, no need to worry .

Old 10-29-2008, 07:19 PM

45,336 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeland Yankee View Post
They said the same thing when Bill Clinton was elected . The president doesn't have the power to take away the 2nd amendment anyway. Us gun owners will be fine, no need to worry .

Assault Weapons Ban/Clinton, Heller v. DC 5-4 vote, Lead ammunition outlawed in much of CA, "approved" handguns in MD.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:35 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,801,316 times
And Obama has already stated that The Constitution is flawed. Where he comes up with that, I don't know......

Old 10-29-2008, 11:17 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
And Obama has already stated that The Constitution is flawed. Where he comes up with that, I don't know......
And this is a guy that people want as president? One of the greatest guvment documents in the history of the world and it's "fundamentally flawed"? The whole keystone of our system of guvment and it's "fundamentally flawed"? He also compared the USA to nazi germany in that 2001 radio interview as well.

Based on obama's past history in the IL state legislature, he doesn't like homeowners or anyone else for that matter being able to defend themselves from thugs. They will find ways like Clinton did, to oppress gun owners and hunters and pass all sorts of restrictive laws. And they'll make you the bad guy if a thug attacks you and your family and you pull out a weapon to defend yourself.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:36 AM

370 posts, read 1,015,887 times

Someone is getting carried away

Old 10-30-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Assault Weapons Ban/Clinton, Heller v. DC 5-4 vote, Lead ammunition outlawed in much of CA, "approved" handguns in MD.
I don't really need an AK-47 or a Tec-9 to hunt game or defend my family . Most hunters and law abiding citizens don't even want to own assault weapons so your point is moot. Local municipalities enact their own laws which have nothing to do with who is President.

I purchased most of my guns during the so-called oppressive Clinton years due to the great economy. I had to wait a whole 5 minutes for the background check to come back before the gun was in my possession, it was tough .

Old 10-30-2008, 04:49 PM

45,336 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeland Yankee View Post
I don't really need an AK-47 or a Tec-9 to hunt game or defend my family . Most hunters and law abiding citizens don't even want to own assault weapons so your point is moot. Local municipalities enact their own laws which have nothing to do with who is President.

I purchased most of my guns during the so-called oppressive Clinton years due to the great economy. I had to wait a whole 5 minutes for the background check to come back before the gun was in my possession, it was tough .
Ok, so we take out the AW's, the most "dangerous" ones. That make a whole new set the "most dangerous". Which one's are those? A Browning Auto-5? A Browning Silver? A Remington 1100 series? All semi-automatic shotguns. What's next? Pumps? Various doubles? Your grandfather's old single shot?
"Most hunters......." etc. And you know this how? You? Ok, then don't get one. Why should a law abiding citizen be prevented from owning one if he/she so chooses? I myself don't, that doesn't mean that I have a problem with a law abing citizen having one. I also don't own a Harley or a car with flames painted on the side, people that own either one of those don't bother me either.
The Second Amendment doesn't mention "hunting", so your point is off track.
Local municipalities control discharge, not ownership. Right to own was settled somewhat with the Heller decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania