Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 01:49 PM

3 posts, read 13,810 times

Advertisements

Hi my husband and I are moving to Titusville/Pleasantville area and we cant seem to find any rentals of apartments, condo, townhouses, or houses. We really hate to buy because we move often. So if anyone can help that would be GREAT!
Please reply if you have any suggestions.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 01:16 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,296,774 times
Hopefully this link will help: http://www.titusvilleherald.com/

Good luck.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:30 AM

Thank You Sirron. I have been looking BUT still no luck

Old 04-28-2009, 12:16 PM

3,131 posts, read 9,375,591 times
I searched and all I came up with was two places in Franklin where the tenant reviews said how horrible they were. The Billie Brown Building in Titusville is real nice but it's for senior citizens and assisted living.

I wanted to see the oil well while I was there and went into a crowded McDonalds to get directions and nobody knew where it was.

Maybe you could email their chamber of commerce.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:24 PM

94 posts, read 460,542 times
You could try the Meadville Tribune...I have seen ads for Titusville there. Meadville, unfortunatly is an hour away, but you could always look for a place there. Good luck!

Old 04-28-2009, 01:43 PM

4,277 posts, read 11,787,860 times
Have you also been looking in the Oil City/Franklin area? The Derrick Seems to me more signs of a turnaround in that area such as ARTSOilCity (http://www.artsoilcity.com/html/index.htm - broken link) (check out the list of links on the bottom of that page too), and closer to what passes for shopping in the area too.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:47 PM

4,277 posts, read 11,787,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
I wanted to see the oil well while I was there and went into a crowded McDonalds to get directions and nobody knew where it was.
Had you been at the McD's in downtown Bradford instead, they would have had even less of an excuse! Oil Well at McDonalds in Bradford, PA « econpolicy.com

Old 04-29-2009, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
I searched and all I came up with was two places in Franklin where the tenant reviews said how horrible they were. The Billie Brown Building in Titusville is real nice but it's for senior citizens and assisted living.

Maybe you could email their chamber of commerce.
Well thank you for your help, but we are not yet "senior" nor do we need assistance but thank you

Old 04-29-2009, 02:35 PM

392 posts, read 1,068,459 times
I grew up in Titusville, so allow me to weigh in.

For apartments, try the Drake Village up on the Heights. I don't know how they are nowadays (we moved away from T-ville when I was a kid in '94, back then they were pretty good) but in a recent visit back there, the area still looks quiet and peaceful. If you want a house, maybe try the east side of town near Pitt-Titusville.

As posters above me pointed out, check the local newspapers. Good luck!

Old 05-04-2009, 10:26 AM

356 posts, read 834,216 times
I'd suggest just buying a house. I can't imagine in that area they're very expensive, so you could prob get away with a very small monthly mortgage for a decent house. Of course if you're looking to move soon afterwards, I'd suggest talking to a real-estate person to see how easy you could sell your house when you look to move, before you buy one.

Of course, I live in HC (near Erie) and only really driven through the aformentioned towns, but I can't imagine the price of homes goes up from moving to Titusville from Erie Co. Probably about the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania