Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 01:53 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,374,809 times

Advertisements

^ There's a Billie Brown Building there that is listed as independent living but there are seniors and younger in wheelchairs, etc., and at least a nurse always on duty. I think it's a small chain around the country. They had a website not long ago but I can't find much on them now. Titusville is almost non-existent on the Internet. It's large enough to have traffic signals and a McDonalds.

Try searching for Oil City. They're about 15 miles apart. Look up a map of northwestern PA and follow Rt. 8. I believe Franklin is the largest and nicest area in the vicinity. Oil City has at least one place that seems similar to a hospital where the residents may need monitored care and there's always a bunch of nurses everywhere.

Last edited by PeterRabbit; 08-16-2009 at 02:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 07:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themutleycrew View Post
Hi,

We are considering moving to northwestern pa next year. My husband is from Oil City and after living 20 years in South Carolina, he would like to move back. I have been a couple of times and the area is quite beautiful! We are going up in September and I would appreciate any info. We are looking for an area that has affordable housing. We do not want to be tied to another mortgage as we are trying to simplify our lives a bit. I will still need to work a few days per week ( medical assistant) so employment opportunities are a factor. I would really love to hear from people that live in the area. I have been doing some research on line but you really need to hear from the locals to get a good sense of a town. I thank all in advance for your time!!!

titusville, born and raised.... small town, love the community, job market isn't the best. hospital... i swear.. the doctors are all getting into the morpheane and having a blast.... they are morons. gave my father with a collapsed lung muscle relaxers, keep sending a sick woman away because she's a mom and is apparently feeling pain for no good reason.. sends her home with motrin....

i've had to threaten to sue just to get a pregnant woman to be seen when she thought she was in premature labor.....

i was sent home "abdominal pain due to unknown cause" and 2 hours later i was 4 centimeters dialated and ready to go... thanks guys... 5 days over due means nothing apparently.....

but i would recommend grove city, beautiful, somewhat charming, if you find the right neighborhood. rent is good. you are in walking distance of everywhere (again, depending on where you live)
also, franklin, beautiful, charming, job market is through the roof, and is in the middle of everything. drive over the bridge to Oil City, or go to grove city's very large, very famous shopping mall. or cranberry.. also known for its mall.

hope this helped a bit, even though most of it was just a very tired woman venting and misspelling.....

Old 09-04-2009, 12:20 PM

2 posts, read 6,307 times
I retired to Seneca about ten years ago, after working and living for three decades in the Pittsburgh area. I have a very nice townhouse with full basement, and, the cost is about one third what the same would be in Pgh. Culturally, it's pretty deprived, but, Pgh. is about an hour and a half from here, and Erie about an hour. I am truly happy here, and, have never regretted the move.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 886 times
I have a little house with a huge 2 car garage with a large attached work shop on 3.5 acres and an additional adjoining 3.2 acres lightly wooded corner lot going up for sale soon. We are retired and have been using it for a summer home, but the travel is getting to be too much for us. 4 miles from Titusville and Walmart. University of Pittsburg is in town. We also have a nice hospital and several medical facilities. Titusville is a quaint old fashioned town. There is a park downtown with a large gazeebo where they have concerts from time to time. The residents get involved in the many activities that take place during the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania