Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola
 [Register]
Pensacola Escambia County, Santa Rosa County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2022, 01:59 PM

33 posts, read 26,358 times

Advertisements

I just reread Pincho-toot posts. He says blacks have been systemically oppressed on this land since they have been brought across the Atlantic. They were systemically oppressed. They aren't anymore so his facts are faulty. If you disagree, show me a law or a policy today that is systemically racist and I'll stand with you to oppose it. But you might be able to convince me there is systemic racism against whites in some parts of our country today as this seems to indicate. I don't think it would be hard to find other examples similar to this.

https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/st...22593215139843

Last edited by Vizini; 03-21-2022 at 02:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2022, 06:13 PM

451 posts, read 457,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizini View Post
I just reread Pincho-toot posts. He says blacks have been systemically oppressed on this land since they have been brought across the Atlantic. They were systemically oppressed. They aren't anymore so his facts are faulty. If you disagree, show me a law or a policy today that is systemically racist and I'll stand with you to oppose it. But you might be able to convince me there is systemic racism against whites in some parts of our country today as this seems to indicate. I don't think it would be hard to find other examples similar to this.

https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/st...22593215139843
Here's what Pincho-toot said: "In this country you used to be able to legally own people of a certain race and force them into labour, and until recently, like very recently, within the lifetimes of too many posters on this site, did not have equal rights. And to this day via double standards and unfair biases, are still experiencing a lot of unjustices".

If you can't agree with that then you're living under a rock.

Old 03-22-2022, 12:29 PM

I don't disagree with that quote. But in that same post from Pincho-toot wrote, "Black people have been, and still are to more subtle (and not so subtle) degrees, systemically oppressed on this land since they been brought across the Atlantic."

I don't think blacks are systemically oppressed today from the law or from policy so I don't think that should be taught. Are there individual racists. Sure there are and there always will be. They should be exposed for the racists they are such as the mayor of Oakland.

I have no problem with HISTORY being taught, from slavery to the systemic racism that existed all the way up to the past generation. But that history is not CRT. CRT is something quite different. Telling children they are "oppressors" and guilty of historical crimes because of their skin color is not history.

https://mynorthwest.com/2937573/rant...ppressors/amp/

Last edited by Vizini; 03-22-2022 at 12:38 PM..

Old 03-22-2022, 06:11 PM

Quote:
I don't disagree with that quote. But in that same post from Pincho-toot wrote, "Black people have been, and still are to more subtle (and not so subtle) degrees, systemically oppressed on this land since they been brought across the Atlantic."

I don't think blacks are systemically oppressed today from the law or from policy so I don't think that should be taught. Are there individual racists. Sure there are and there always will be. They should be exposed for the racists they are such as the mayor of Oakland.

I have no problem with HISTORY being taught, from slavery to the systemic racism that existed all the way up to the past generation. But that history is not CRT. CRT is something quite different. Telling children they are "oppressors" and guilty of historical crimes because of their skin color is not history.

https://mynorthwest.com/2937573/rant...ppressors/amp/
I don't think you get what he's saying. He's basically saying that the equal rights amendment was the start of legal equality but that it hasn't progressed to the point of true equality, and it probably won't in our lifetime. Hence profiling, redlining , etc. I notice you only post links to the "squeaky wheel brigade". This makes me think that you are distrustful of the "main stream media". If you looked at some more balanced outlets, and compared, you may find that the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Old 03-22-2022, 06:15 PM

I was specifically commenting on his statement about systemic oppression existing today. I don't think it does. If I'm wrong someone show me a law or a policy that is racist or oppressive.

Old 03-22-2022, 06:18 PM

Quote:
What's an example of a balanced outlet?
OK, for example, remember your breitbart link to the $500 that excluded whites? Read this and tell me what's missing from your link.

https://eastcountytoday.net/mayor-sc...ient-families/

Old 03-22-2022, 06:23 PM

Quote:
I was specifically commenting on his statement about systemic oppression existing today. I don't think it does. If I'm wrong someone show me a law or a policy that is racist or oppressive.
You're focusing on what's visible on the surface. Racism goes much deeper.

Old 03-22-2022, 06:45 PM

I agree racism can go very deep but that's at the individual level. Not at the systemic level. If you can't provide any examples of systemic oppression or racism from a law or policy perspective then there's not much more to talk about IMO.

Why don't you just tell me what's missing from the Breitbart link

Old 03-22-2022, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I agree racism can go very deep but that's at the individual level. Not at the systemic level. If you can't provide any examples of systemic oppression or racism from a law or policy perspective then there's not much more to talk about IMO.

Why don't you just tell me what's missing from the Breitbart link
Everything except that whites were excluded. Are you unwilling to read anything not on twitter?

Old 03-22-2022, 06:53 PM

From YOUR article. It appears to exclude whites:

"Who is this for? Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) (i.e. groups with the greatest wealth disparities per the Oakland Equity Index) with low incomes and at least 1 child under 18, regardless of documentation status. The term “family” is defined broadly to recognize that families come in all shapes and sizes."

Last edited by Vizini; 03-22-2022 at 07:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Pensacola