Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 08:39 AM

14,477 posts, read 20,657,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
all the other familiar names from this forum. I know they come and go but, I miss these people and the wonderful service they provided. There are many others, I know. Is Mr. Bill still around ?
I think Dee lives in Europe. She has made helpful comments on some searches as of a week, or so ago.
Dee is a very friendly member to all, and has been instrumental in many successful searches.Moderator cut: let us please not go there

Last edited by katzenfreund; 07-29-2012 at 09:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 10:51 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Where is Chat ?

Old 07-29-2012, 12:32 PM

Can this be pinned ? I am not sure how some of the posts got to chat but, I don't understand a lot of things....LOL. Thx.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Can this be pinned ? I am not sure how some of the posts got to chat but, I don't understand a lot of things....LOL. Thx.
I think this thread ...is... the chat thread.
Maybe others can give their opinion.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:06 PM

You are right and I see earlier where there was an attempt to pin it ? Interesting thread and worth saving, JMO.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:02 PM

It would be nice, if everyone came back and let the forum know the results, but it does not work that way.
Not necessarily the specifics, but whether the search is over, or they still look for help.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:01 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
this thread was pinned, but the rule is only 2 threads are allowed to stay pinned long term and we have the "important tips" thread and the "success stories" thread pinned already, so I had to unpin this one...

forum rules, please read them

Old 08-12-2012, 11:13 AM

206 posts, read 570,880 times
After reading through this thread, I'm wondering what it's purpose is. I'll guess and go with this interesting story.

I'm looking for my sister. In addition to this site I have posted on many others. Was contacted by a lady that has an actual state registered people search business. To impress upon her that I was capable of finding the same information as she could, I did a search on her. Of course it was easy since she had a business. By the time I was done, I had Google Earth pictures of her home/business, who lived there, including members of her family, and a whole lot more. I sent all this to her and she is really a great person and understood that I already had done as much as possible via the internet. It is amazing the information you can gather from the comfort of your home if you can just get that one little piece that can open the door wide.

Now I only wish that woman would not change their last names when they get married. Who's idea was this anyway? At least hyphenate the two last names.

Do you recommend re-posting a people search after awhile?

Old 08-12-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggjfg View Post
After reading through this thread, I'm wondering what it's purpose is. I'll guess and go with this interesting story.

I'm looking for my sister. In addition to this site I have posted on many others. Was contacted by a lady that has an actual state registered people search business. To impress upon her that I was capable of finding the same information as she could, I did a search on her. Of course it was easy since she had a business. By the time I was done, I had Google Earth pictures of her home/business, who lived there, including members of her family, and a whole lot more. I sent all this to her and she is really a great person and understood that I already had done as much as possible via the internet. It is amazing the information you can gather from the comfort of your home if you can just get that one little piece that can open the door wide.

Now I only wish that woman would not change their last names when they get married. Who's idea was this anyway? At least hyphenate the two last names.

As you can see from comment number #2 on page 1, the moderator gives a brief comment on the purpose of this thread. It's not a place to ask for help in searching for John Doe.
More like a thread to chat about people search topics in general.

I see you asked about your sister and one person asked you a question back.
Do you know your sister's birthdate?
If you do not know the answer, you can go to your question and state that you do not know her birthdate and just say, "any other help on my search?"
That will move your people search question to the top of the list, and get new lookers.

As far a people wanting to be paid for searches, some people do hire private investigators if their search is that difficult or that important.

From above you said:
Just go to your original question and make a comment and it will go to the top on page 1.
Be aware that you may get a long list of web links to many names that might be your sister, or a relative. You have to look through the links, and names, and decide who you might want to call.

---------------------------------------------
And of course the many people on this forum, may have no more luck searching as you. Since your question was never escalated back to the top, any new details you might be given from others, may be details you already know.
-------------------------------------------------------------
We only know what you told us, which was fairly limited:
"sister last known town was Westville, NY. Also lived in New Rochelle, NY. I believe also graduated from Milford, NY HS. May have or had married name of Carbone."

That is limited information. Maybe it's enough to find her, and maybe not.

Old 08-13-2012, 06:49 AM

206 posts, read 570,880 times
Thanks for the info howard!

Even though I am adept at using the internet, the majority of my time is spent elsewhere. Sitting in front of a computer is a chore for more than the time it takes to type this.

I shall follow your advice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search