Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 08:07 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,221,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
my ex actually pulled something similar on me ..... i had 2 cats when we met..... one died from kidney failure at 18 and the other was killed by a critter when he escaped outside a few years later...... the ex was NOT a pet person and so told me that the only way i could get another cat was to get an abyssinian.... because they don't shed........ ..... went to a few shows and talked to a few breeders and just could NOT bring myself to pay $400-$500 for a cat to be a PET when so many were in shelters needing homes......

when we separated a few years after that..... i was down at the shelter the 2nd or 3rd day i was in my new house..... heck, i still had a million boxes left to unpack..... but i HAD to get my new fur-family started......
My boyfriend just met a man that is allergic to his wife's two cats. She had then before they met. And the solution they came up with is that he vacuums their coats every day with a cleaner that has a hepa filter! And it solved his allergy problem!!! At first, the cats didn't like being vacuumed, but now they really enjoy the daily cleaning.

Anyway, I have a two family house and last month, I had my boyfriend move upstairs. All the dogs and cats are with me, except one of the dogs that floats between floors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 08:19 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,710,949 times
My room mate has a cat. He spends more time with me than he does with her, it would seem. Of course, I'm home during the day, and she's out. At night, it might be reversed. But he doesn't sleep in her room anymore--her boyfriend's more allergic than I am, and what if he wants to spend the night?

He likes to be rubbed HARD...likes his face and ears rubbed more than anything, and is sometimes demanding about it.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:24 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,834,423 times
QUOTE=miu;12495938]My boyfriend just met a man that is allergic to his wife's two cats. She had then before they met. And the solution they came up with is that he vacuums their coats every day with a cleaner that has a hepa filter! And it solved his allergy problem!!! At first, the cats didn't like being vacuumed, but now they really enjoy the daily cleaning.

Anyway, I have a two family house and last month, I had my boyfriend move upstairs. All the dogs and cats are with me, except one of the dogs that floats between floors.[/quote]

Love the image of that "floating dog"

Old 01-27-2010, 09:34 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,140,433 times
My relationship to my furr kid is he's the only child and he's spoiled...to an extent! My 8 month old miniature schnauzer is from a family of mini schnauzers that I found an ad for him on craigslist. Family was expecting another child and they had 3 mini's and it was starting to get tough with 2 other kids younger than 5 so Edison (named Kongo at the time and 4 months old) was on craigslist. I know about the small rehoming fee (he was $250!) but I saw it as a gift for the family to help out with their new family member on the way so I didn't feel too bad about it. His cute schanuzy eyes caught my attention, we saw the ad on Friday and pick him up on Sunday. I never thought about a schnauzer dog but he's the best for our lives and just melts my heart that he is so alert and talkative (speaks when he wants a treat). I love that he curls up on the bed to take a nap while I'm on the computer and sneaks a peek every now and then to see what I'm doing. His presence has lighted up my parents lives too, they don't seem too depressed as they used to (they are in their late 60s and retired). I take him for daycare (my parents house lol) while I'm at work and gets a workout in their yard playing and what not.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:48 AM

50,416 posts, read 64,172,963 times
OK this is a great place to share about your cat, but please don't talk about her at work, out with friends, or in the check out line. That polite smile you get from people is not real. It's just like when people want to tell me about their grandchildren.
I have two cats who I sort of love, but really they are just a nuisance...barfing up their food and scratching in my plants. I can't wait til I'm cat free.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:47 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,140,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
OK this is a great place to share about your cat, but please don't talk about her at work, out with friends, or in the check out line. That polite smile you get from people is not real. It's just like when people want to tell me about their grandchildren.
I have two cats who I sort of love, but really they are just a nuisance...barfing up their food and scratching in my plants. I can't wait til I'm cat free.
If I share about my pet at work or another other function, it's usually with another dog owner who can relate with me. I wouldn't talk about my dog to non dog folks unless they ask.
If you sorta love your cats, why not give them a home that gives them total love?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets