Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 04:51 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,183,699 times

Advertisements

ever eat those things WaWa tries to pass off as pretzels? freakin disgusting to even try and pretend it is a philly soft pretzel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 04:58 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,880,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
ever eat those things WaWa tries to pass off as pretzels? freakin disgusting to even try and pretend it is a philly soft pretzel.

really. BUT some 7-11's make their own pretzels and are hot out of the eoven.. Really good. My fav is the 7-11 in Rockledge/foxchase

Old 05-16-2014, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 917 times
Yes. Anyone who ever ridden the "El" or 60 trolley should remember your dad. I always tried to have enough money to treat myself while waiting for the 60. Great pretzels, clean operation, bakery whites if I remember correctly. I have told my children about your dad. I don't know that they understand. I guess you had to live it. He sold one simple product and did it well. Rumor has it that he was able to make a comfortable living. I truly hope this was so. To think that where his Formica clad cart once stood there is probably a drug dealer or hooker occupying this real estate would probably make him turn over in his grave. We all know that you can't go back but wouldn't it be great if we could.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:44 AM

154 posts, read 215,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkirkpatrick View Post
Yes. Anyone who ever ridden the "El" or 60 trolley should remember your dad. I always tried to have enough money to treat myself while waiting for the 60. Great pretzels, clean operation, bakery whites if I remember correctly. I have told my children about your dad. I don't know that they understand. I guess you had to live it. He sold one simple product and did it well. Rumor has it that he was able to make a comfortable living. I truly hope this was so. To think that where his Formica clad cart once stood there is probably a drug dealer or hooker occupying this real estate would probably make him turn over in his grave. We all know that you can't go back but wouldn't it be great if we could.

This is an absolutely terrific post.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:19 PM

2 posts, read 1,478 times
Smile Pretzel Man

I was just thinking of your father today, from 1965 to 1967 I went to Frankford High School and took the 60 trolley and the El. Every afternoon on my way home I would stop and get a pretzel from you dad. He was alway there with a Hi and his pretzels were the best.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:30 PM

2 posts, read 1,478 times
I remember your Dad very well. I went to Frankford High School from 1965 to 1967 and took the 60 trolley and the El. Everday after school I would stop for a pretzel. I alway rember him being there in his little house. He was alway pleasant. You should be very proud you had a Dad he was a fixture at K&A.

Old 04-19-2017, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 433 times
Default Eugene the Pretzel Man

Hi I am your cousin. My mother and Gene were 1st cousins and best friends. I loved your father. He always gave us free Pretzels. I lived at K & A. My mom and Gene played music together. Gene was the only pretzel man at K & A. The only one!!! He was a wonderful man. Always thinking of others. He loved blueberry pie. I know so much more.

Old 02-11-2018, 07:43 PM

2 posts, read 542 times
Gene is known very well by the people of that area.. the people that brushed him off as one in a million are outsiders
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia