Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2011, 08:38 AM

15 posts, read 36,020 times

Advertisements

What can people tell me about living in Talamore in Ambler? My husband and I looked at a house there last weekend, and while the house itself wasn't right for us, we liked the community (or the idea of the community). Can anyone speak to what it's like to live there?

We would be relocating from Washington, DC and have friends and family scattered around the Philadelphia area, from Rittenhouse Square to Elkins Park and beyond. My only concern is that the development may be a little far out. We don't need to commute downtown for work, but I'd like to travel into the city for dinners and shows and sporting events (not every week, but a couple times a month). Would it be a total nightmare coming from that far? What else is around there? And what are the schools like?

Thanks for any and all advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 08:56 AM

1,339 posts, read 2,485,940 times
It's in a very nice area. i believe it is Horsham Twp, which is Hatboro Horsham school district, which is good (as are all of the districts around there). it is very close to the ft washington expressway, which gives you good access to the PA turnpike and 76 (which goes into philadelphia). the drive from there to center city is 30 - 40 minutes with no traffic. you are also within a 10 minute drive of multiple train stations (north wales, gwynedd, ambler). not sure which one is the closest to you but it would be 30 - 45 minutes on the train to center city, depending on whether you get an express or local.

you are also very close to Horsham's main park along Horsham Rd. for shopping, right up welsh rd (at 309) you have a shopping center with a whole foods, and a little further up 309 you have a Giant supermarket, a mall, and all the big box stores. you are also close to ambler, which has a nice little downtown with some good restaurants. if you go south/east on welsh rd, there is the willow grove mall. it's a very nice new-growth suburban area with reasonably good access to center city, if that's what you're looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia