Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2012, 02:53 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,262,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Two 426 foot towers and two 227 foot towers proposed for the Delaware Waterfront. The DWRC is going to have a field day complaining about the height.

1,458-unit, four-tower residential and retail complex proposed for former World Trade Center site | PlanPhilly: Planning Philadelphia's Future
So here's what I don't get: Isn't the nearby Waterfront Square condo building having trouble finding tenants? Wow, Lots of Waterfront Square Condos Going to Sheriff Sale | NakedPhilly. Is Spring Garden that much more an inviting location?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2012, 02:58 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,935,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
So here's what I don't get: Isn't the nearby Waterfront Square condo building having trouble finding tenants? Wow, Lots of Waterfront Square Condos Going to Sheriff Sale | NakedPhilly. Is Spring Garden that much more an inviting location?

Dont disagree though this could be a tad more connected. What I dont like based on the rendering is there is nothing but residential frontage, would seem this could/should have some significant frontage that would be retailish.

Also this lot seems better in that it is also closer (albeit just a bit) to Old City and the Spring Garden El stop

That is a lot of units though, this with the building approved at the base of the Ben would a lot of residents, maybe it is the opposite in that it may actually make Waterfront sq more desireable too

who knows and on the whole this proposal seems ver pipedreamish. As someone said maybe the variance is a ploy to sell the property as more valuable.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:26 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Today’s the day: The dawn of a new zoning era | Philadelphia Real Estate Blog

wow even a reference to our little thread

this is link from the above post - interesting

Zoning code remaps future
It's great to see the city continue to move in the right direction. Moves like these are what will help the city's reputation in the future and elevate it status as a world class city.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Dont disagree though this could be a tad more connected. What I dont like based on the rendering is there is nothing but residential frontage, would seem this could/should have some significant frontage that would be retailish.

Also this lot seems better in that it is also closer (albeit just a bit) to Old City and the Spring Garden El stop

That is a lot of units though, this with the building approved at the base of the Ben would a lot of residents, maybe it is the opposite in that it may actually make Waterfront sq more desireable too

who knows and on the whole this proposal seems ver pipedreamish. As someone said maybe the variance is a ploy to sell the property as more valuable.
You, Inga and I feel the same about retail at street level. I don't see the "tad" better connection as making an overwhelming difference from Waterfront Square. In my view, this would stand a better chance south of Race. You have to hope the investors know more than me, however. But as you note, this may not even be for real. As they say: "Watch this spot."

BTW - kudos for starting this thread and keeping it up to date.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:04 PM

2,939 posts, read 4,127,371 times
I think they should take this and put some version of it around every station all the way up to Fern Rock.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:32 PM

2,939 posts, read 4,127,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
trouble finding tenants or buyers.

Maybe the developers think this is more attractive because it's a few steps closer to transit and a few steps closer to NoLibs.

Or maybe they're just trying to get all the paperwork and permits done to sell it to some sucker as a value-added, turn-key project.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:13 PM

Default Upgrades at PHL

"A little love" for Terminal F at Phila. airport: More upgrades are planned

Old 08-23-2012, 07:24 AM

Philadelphia welcomes the Museum of the American Revolution | Philadelphia Real Estate Blog

Old 08-23-2012, 07:27 AM

Market West construction updates | Philadelphia Real Estate Blog

Old 08-24-2012, 09:35 AM

A 400-foot high rise at 400 N. Columbus Blvd? Not so fast, says Planning Commission | Philadelphia Real Estate Blog
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia