Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2024, 04:32 PM

9,379 posts, read 9,331,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Lots of new flights this summer.

Frontier announced 10 new domestic flights, American Airlines with 7 new international routes.

American's new Flights:
1. Paris
2. Lisbon
3. Madrid
4. Another London route

5. Dublin
6. Amsterdam
7. Zurich
I think you mean Nice France? American has long had a daily direct to Paris.

Naples and Copenhagen are starting this summer too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2024, 07:51 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,514,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
I think you mean Nice France? American has long had a daily direct to Paris.

Naples and Copenhagen are starting this summer too!
What’s weird is the destinations listed in the Business Journal article are slightly different than the places that AA posted online today. But you’re right, Nice is one of the destinations

Old 02-09-2024, 10:22 AM

445 posts, read 414,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
What’s weird is the destinations listed in the Business Journal article are slightly different than the places that AA posted online today. But you’re right, Nice is one of the destinations
American Airlines was just posting their existing flights (some sort of Taylor Swift promo).

AA's new international flights from PHL this summer are Copenhagen, Nice, and Naples. AA's Europe/Middle East international flight lineup is impressive, though I would still like to see East Asia:
  • London
  • Paris
  • Madrid
  • Barcelona
  • Lisbon
  • Amsterdam
  • Dublin
  • Rome
  • Venice
  • Zurich
  • Copenhagen
  • Nice
  • Naples
Discover Airlines flies daily to Frankfurt. Overall, PHL has a really good lineup in Europe but we are slacking on attracting foreign carriers. I wish the airport authority would focus more on attracting additional carriers instead of appeasing American Airlines.

Old 02-09-2024, 10:29 AM

1,697 posts, read 971,420 times
^^ Yeah. We lost Qatar Air but replaced that with the AA route.

Old 02-10-2024, 01:04 PM

445 posts, read 414,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
^^ Yeah. We lost Qatar Air but replaced that with the AA route.
Which makes sense for AA but it's a loss for the airport IMO. It was great to have a flagship foreign carrier. I'm hoping we get Aeromexico or Air France soon but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,996,717 times
SEPTA receives major increase in federal funding

https://www.cityandstatepa.com/polic...-fleet/394349/

Last edited by gwillyfromphilly; 02-23-2024 at 11:03 AM..

Old 02-23-2024, 11:03 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,996,717 times
PATCO’s Franklin Square station to open later this year

https://whyy.org/articles/patco-fran...ion-open-2024/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF38WgIv-OY

Old 02-29-2024, 08:25 AM

9,379 posts, read 9,331,923 times
Mayor Parker is off to an impressive start. Her plans include cleaning up Kensington, cracking down on ATV riding, pro-business/economic growth, open to tax reductions/reform.
She certainly has challenges ahead, but is very motivated. A refreshing change for the Philadelphia.

Mayor Parker wants business community 'front and center' of economic growth plans

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=0#cxrecs_s

Old 02-29-2024, 09:54 AM

1,213 posts, read 955,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Mayor Parker is off to an impressive start. Her plans include cleaning up Kensington, cracking down on ATV riding, pro-business/economic growth, open to tax reductions/reform.
She certainly has challenges ahead, but is very motivated. A refreshing change for the Philadelphia.

Mayor Parker wants business community 'front and center' of economic growth plans

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=0#cxrecs_s
Agree, it's a fantastic change from the Kenney days. I heard a cop being interviewed on KYW about an ATV sting of some sort (only caught the tail end of the story). He sounded energized that he was enabled to actually do something about this long-standing issue. Parker is quickly becoming my favorite mayor in recent memory. Even if she can't execute all the change she's talking about, just publicly addressing these issues is awesome. Long time in coming. It's absolutely mind-blowing that as a society we simply allowed gangs of hundreds of people riding illegal, dangerous and disruptive vehicles (often committing additional crimes during the rides) down major pedestrian sections of our city under the guise of "it's part of the AA culture." It's part of my culture to rob banks. LOL... Just crazy that this was tolerated for a decade.

Old 02-29-2024, 09:56 AM

1,213 posts, read 955,181 times
Check out the crazy development on Frankford Ave east of Girard. These projects are going to bring some insane density to that little stretch.

https://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phil...frankford-ave/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia