Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 05:24 PM

783 posts, read 2,022,630 times

Advertisements

TFB....Typical Filthadelphia Behavior. The city, and the residents, are pure trash. What an absolute embarrassment the city is to the rest of the state. If the people aren't shooting cops for sport, they're beating up innocent vets for being a fan of another team. Disgusting. I hope Corbett tries to sell the dump to Delaware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 05:31 PM

958 posts, read 1,198,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
TFB....Typical Filthadelphia Behavior. The city, and the residents, are pure trash. What an absolute embarrassment the city is to the rest of the state. If the people aren't shooting cops for sport, they're beating up innocent vets for being a fan of another team. Disgusting. I hope Corbett tries to sell the dump to Delaware.
You know what's hilarious?

How pathetic it is that you feel such a need to bash the city and its people.

That says more about you than anybody else ever could. Do please continue.

Also the fact that you support a clown like Corbett says almost as much as the rest does about you. Lastly, the fact that you use childish nicknames towards anybody or anything doesn't help your case either. What are you, five?

Old 01-05-2012, 05:46 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times
Here's a novel concept: other Philadelphia sports fans stepping in to stop the bull****. If you're tired of all the stereotypes, then why don't you police yourselves a bit better? That's the most effective way to explode a stereotype.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Here's a novel concept: other Philadelphia sports fans stepping in to stop the bull****. If you're tired of all the stereotypes, then why don't you police yourselves a bit better? That's the most effective way to explode a stereotype.
Why should more be demanded of our fans than of every other city's? Why should every little thing be scrutinized while other cities' fans behave in a disgraceful manner constantly and it's swept under the rug?

NONE of us know for sure what happened. Not a single one of us. Until we do, I'm sorry but I'm not going to judge a single person involved, let alone all of the fans of either team.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:11 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,541,261 times
this thuggish sports behavior is unacceptable. so, no one can go to another city to cheer for their home team anymore?

bullzhit

Old 01-05-2012, 06:12 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,935,335 times
Quote:

While I dont disagree. In watching the video (and it doesnt have all before nor during) there were some Philly fans that did break u the fight, maybe a little late. Also, while not justifying this activity is not specific to Philly, and it is more glamorized here

Old 01-05-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldntthinkofaclevername View Post
Why should more be demanded of our fans than of every other city's? Why should every little thing be scrutinized while other cities' fans behave in a disgraceful manner constantly and it's swept under the rug?

NONE of us know for sure what happened. Not a single one of us. Until we do, I'm sorry but I'm not going to judge a single person involved, let alone all of the fans of either team.
If the Rangers fans started it, then step between them and the Flyers fans, because it ain't worth it. You notice how the Philadelphia Police are looking for the Flyers fans? There is absolutely no reason for physical violence over a sporting event, regardless of who "started" it.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
If the Rangers fans started it, then step between them and the Flyers fans, because it ain't worth it. You notice how the Philadelphia Police are looking for the Flyers fans? There is absolutely no reason for physical violence over a sporting event, regardless of who "started" it.
Why should I step between them? Like you said.. it ain't worth it. Have you ever actually been around a fight? You keep yourself out of it and out of others' business unless somebody is clearly victimizing somebody else.

If the Rangers fans started it, then they should've known better. I don't feel bad if somebody who tried to get big got beat back down, nor should I. Provoking somebody is wronging them, by the way.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
While I dont disagree. In watching the video (and it doesnt have all before nor during) there were some Philly fans that did break u the fight, maybe a little late. Also, while not justifying this activity is not specific to Philly, and it is more glamorized here
I never said it was exclusive to Philadelphia, but fair or not, the stereotype is on you, and the only way to combat it is by acting the opposite, and also by preventing those who'd rather perpetuate the stereotype from doing so. Sure, the Rangers fans might have "started" it all, but there's no reason for physical violence over a sporting event, period. And sure, some people might have stepped in, but it was after all the damage was done. Intervene before it escalates. I've seen Steeler fans call out other Steeler fans for acting like dumbasses, and having them controlled or removed before they could do anything else stupid. And if they weren't removed, then people kept an eye on them afterward.

Besides, I get tired of seeing stuff like this make the national news, and then reading **** about how Philadelphia is a dump (it's not), and how Philadelphians are all stupid savages (a handful are). Some people even make ignorant-ass judgments about the entire state of Pennsylvania, which indirectly brings Pittsburgh into drama that it wasn't looking for. Yeah, those people are ignorant, but so is anybody willing to swing fists over a sporting event. Check yourselves, and stop letting the dumbasses ruin your reputation.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:25 PM

783 posts, read 2,022,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by couldntthinkofaclevername View Post
Nobody knows for sure what happened? Really? The only things we have are dozens of witnesses who did nothing, a victim in the hospital, a video of the sickening attack, and an idiot that made a Facebook page bragging about being involved in the attack. Jerry Sandusky has less evidence against him. Moderator Cut

Last edited by FindingZen; 01-06-2012 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: personal attack/trolling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia