Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 03:44 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,878,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJacc View Post
Dude.....Get a life. I could go really deep here but I won't..
Souf Joisy or Souf Filly is how it sounds when many locals pronounce it.
Just having fun proving a small point about the city taking heat nationally when it comes to this kind of behavior surrounding the sports scene..

If you have.... I'm sorry.. " If Yoos Godda Prolem Wid Datt" Then Tagit Up Da
May-Ya... Badda Bing Badda Boom". Shaking My D@mm Head.
Alright alright true sorry, got caught up in the heat of the moment.

For the record though, I have yet to hear anyone say Joisey in real life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 04:24 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
I know exactly who you are talking about and it bothers me too, especially because it is false.

Philly is on the up and up and I love seeing all the positive change that is happening. I've been following this blog for a while now as well, it's a great look at the good things happening in the city: Hidden City Philadelphia | Home
If you are talking about me. I never called Philly a cesspool. Those are YOUR words. I just state the facts that is already found on the web when it comes to crime.. I only speak facts.. Remember that. All other words are twisted from someones mind..

Old 01-13-2012, 04:29 PM

Your words, not mine. Never said ANY of those words.. Just Facts baby!!
And if you want to split hairs the person was from South Philly but moved to Fla and NJ to get away from the cops cause he had a record in both places.. He was a transient person from no where technically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post

I was just pointing out the person was from south jersey because one particular poster seems to view anphiladelphia as a cesspool of crimed violence and south jersey as heaven on earth. When the story broke everyone was quick to say the attacker obviously wasn't from philly as he was eating at genos, and this certain overly sanctimonious someone responded strongly and then was quick to point out that the first suspect was from philly. Now that news has come out that the first suspect wasn't the attacker and that the attacker is actually from south jersey... well it just makes him look a little bit foolish and wanted to point that out.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:52 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,878,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
I never called Philly a cesspool. Those are YOUR words.
No. I have never ever said that and I never ever will.

Here's the thing Frank, your experiences about growing up in Philly and working with it's schools would be a huge asset and great resource to this board... if you weren't so overwhelmingly negative about the city and scream doomsday every single time it is mentioned. I don't understand why you post on this board just to be negative. Maybe it helps you vent anger or something, but it isn't helpful to anyone that lives in and around Philly, and it doesn't help anyone looking to move here. Which is what the point of this forum is supposed to be.

I respect you as a person and a poster, but you don't seem to respect the opinions of anyone else.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:19 PM

I kmow.. Sometimes I lose my cool.. Don't mean to hurt others but sometimes I write without thinking I may hurt others.. Just know, everyone, I say things buy in no way mean harm or malice towards anyone.. I do say nice things about Philly from time to time cause they are true.
I guess the most important thing is to honestly tell others who are looking into moving here and to maybe spend life's saving on a home here the truth about an area. It would be a HUGE mistake and disservice to not tell the entire truth about an area and then they may make a mistake and end up in a place they don't want to be.. Ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
No. I have never ever said that and I never ever will.

Here's the thing Frank, your experiences about growing up in Philly and working with it's schools would be a huge asset and great resource to this board... if you weren't so overwhelmingly negative about the city and scream doomsday every single time it is mentioned. I don't understand why you post on this board just to be negative. Maybe it helps you vent anger or something, but it isn't helpful to anyone that lives in and around Philly, and it doesn't help anyone looking to move here. Which is what the point of this forum is supposed to be.

I respect you as a person and a poster, but you don't seem to respect the opinions of anyone else.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:01 AM

3,391 posts, read 8,781,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
Your condemnation of South Philly may be premature. In the past when this sort of thing happens from time to time the perpetrators have always been from suburbia, usually New Jersey. If they were locals what were they doing at a tourist trap like Geno’s Steaks?
I hate to say I told you so but...... I told you so

Old 01-14-2012, 06:06 AM

Quote:
I hate to say I told you so but...... I told you so
He was actually from South Philly but moved to Fla and NJ to get away from the cops cause he had a record in both places.. He was a transient person from no where technically. Just happened to be renting a place in jersey at the time

so you are kinda sorta right

Old 01-14-2012, 07:05 AM

50 posts, read 197,740 times
He hadn't lived in S Philly for something like 11 years. His house is probably next to Pukemon's...

Old 01-14-2012, 11:25 AM

3,391 posts, read 8,781,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
He was actually from South Philly but moved to Fla and NJ to get away from the cops cause he had a record in both places.. He was a transient person from no where technically. Just happened to be renting a place in jersey at the time

so you are kinda sorta right
Okay but at least South Philly didn’t shelter him. Basically South Philly evicted him. I know he isn't really jersey's fault but it just goes to show you how unfair it is to blame Philly for him either. He sounds like he has mental problems.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Okay but at least South Philly didn’t shelter him. Basically South Philly evicted him. I know he isn't really jersey's fault but it just goes to show you how unfair it is to blame Philly for him either. He sounds like he has mental problems.
Yes. You are right.. Id say drugs.... That's what has been arrested for before
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia