Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2017, 10:35 AM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times

Advertisements

Two Big-Deal Chefs Will Open Restaurants at the New Comcast Tower
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 10:52 AM

5,546 posts, read 6,868,827 times
I really hope they do the restaurant at the top well. And I hope it's not just a restaurant. I'm thinking of a concept like Tokyo's Park Hyatt hotel with live music: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinjuku_Park_Tower

You can see it in Lost in Translation.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:04 AM

Founding Farmers Sets an Opening Date at King of Prussia

I could see this coming to Philadelphia within 2 years since they are interested in the Phila market.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:44 AM

7,268 posts, read 10,585,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Founding Farmers Sets an Opening Date at King of Prussia

I could see this coming to Philadelphia within 2 years since they are interested in the Phila market.
I hope so--it would be a perfect addition to the city, and it's very exciting that they've honed in on the Philly area. It was easily my favorite restaurant when I lived in the DC area.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:17 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,686,635 times
True Religion is now gone on the 1600 block of Walnut.
Aerosoles at 17th and Walnut is closing.

We need to start filling these retail spaces commercial brokers!

Old 09-20-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post

eek, and Aerosoles is a corner spot too.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:06 AM

Ghurka is coming to KoP. A designer brand of expensive bags for men and women. Neiman Marcus and Barneys carries the line.

At this point I am started to become amazed and how every month 1-2 high-end/ extremely niche retailers are still pouring into KoP, yet Philadelphia is closing stores left and right... I know the market favors KoP, but I am starting to get confused at the polar opposite trends happening between the two shopping districts.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:35 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightonWalnut View Post

Damnation! This is not good at all!

Old 09-20-2017, 09:38 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Ghurka is coming to KoP. A designer brand of expensive bags for men and women. Neiman Marcus and Barneys carries the line.

At this point I am started to become amazed and how every month 1-2 high-end/ extremely niche retailers are still pouring into KoP, yet Philadelphia is closing stores left and right... I know the market favors KoP, but I am starting to get confused at the polar opposite trends happening between the two shopping districts.
I would be more upset about it, personally, if I was shopping the way I used to. But, damn, I'm starting to hate this. Sigh.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:50 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,686,635 times
Quote:

Yes, I saw that the other day and forgot to post about it. Ghurka is a nice add from KOP.

Again, I think you're being hard on Center City. Aside from a few vacancies along Walnut and Chestnut, Center City has fared pretty damn well in the current retail climate. Certainly faring better than most cities. A lot of stores have replaced closed stores that are brands that are seriously downsizing, getting rid of brick and mortar, or going out of business all together. Stores like Kenneth Cole, Lacoste, Juicy Couture, Coach, Aerosoles, True Religion, etc... this isn't really in Philly's control. These brands are basically going extinct.

There are still some popular brands out there like Ted Baker, Tory Burch, White House Black Market, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Abercrombie and Fitch, etc. etc. that would do VERY well in Philadelphia. We just need better Retail Brokers honestly. We need more creativity, more passion... not just brokers looking for the quick buck, and the easy tenants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia