Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2021, 03:22 PM

2,237 posts, read 1,127,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Honestly, you are the one who keeps this demonizing thread going. Few cities have a Crime thread. It does not help prospective visitors eyeing Philly with what you'all type here. Day after day of demonizing, labels, and now more and more Racist. I would lighten that just a tad.... if ya know what I mean....

Everytime I visit this forum.... it could get a rest, but you keep it on hyper speed and I keep thinking it is time to move ones location already to a nice still less mixed city perhaps..... area, city, state. I said to some in the Chicago forum... there take a thread to politics that is not about it and of course crime where a thread there is not allowed. Much just borders things that are not for this forum. Local politics is as not luved in Philly as most of our major cities. Crime is on the uptick sadly in most. Still this city has a Thread for it and one who daily keeps it on alkaline batteries.

It is just so easy to read between the lines. Just watch how far one lets it out..... some threads I believe in cancel culture for ...
Hit the nail on the head, Dave. Few users here love to complain about crime and subtly insert political narratives into their comments. If only they put as much energy into actually fixing the issues as they do sitting on their computer complaining and whining all day about Krasner and homicides.

Old 06-06-2021, 04:26 PM

9,919 posts, read 4,673,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
5th and Lehigh -

https://6abc.com/dunkin-store-manage...lice/10749131/

So sad ... Somebody just trying to do their job.

They'll get this guy this week.

This is national news even if the DM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-robbery.html

I thought this would have it's own thread. Thiis is just so cold blooded and selfish. She gave up the money.

The perp knew or learned the routine. An ex employee?

Old 06-06-2021, 06:01 PM

2,237 posts, read 1,127,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
This is national news even if the DM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-robbery.html

I thought this would have it's own thread. Thiis is just so cold blooded and selfish. She gave up the money.

The perp knew or learned the routine. An ex employee?
I believe in "street justice" for POS like him. Let the family have 10 minutes with him.

Old 06-06-2021, 06:13 PM

463 posts, read 207,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshbyQuin View Post
Hit the nail on the head, Dave. Few users here love to complain about crime and subtly insert political narratives into their comments. If only they put as much energy into actually fixing the issues as they do sitting on their computer complaining and whining all day about Krasner and homicides.
I guess you are the only one that can read between the lines. You'd be surprised how rare your assumptions are correct in this forum.

Oh, and I guess positive comments in these threads fix more of the issues than negative comments with the homicides and Krasner? I always assumed posting comments in this forum was a waste of time regardless of the content.

Old 06-07-2021, 05:30 AM

1,465 posts, read 624,286 times
Quote:
Canceling racially motivated comments is "poison"... You've inadvertently exposed yourself with that one.
muh racism.

Old 06-07-2021, 05:35 AM

Quote:
I'd rather complain about something that actually matters instead of Santa Claus and snowballs.

What exactly do you do (without getting paid) to make our city a better place? I'd bet nothing.

Old 06-07-2021, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Honestly, you are the one who keeps this demonizing thread going. Few cities have a Crime thread. It does not help prospective visitors eyeing Philly with what you'all type here. Day after day of demonizing, labels, and now more and more Racist. I would lighten that just a tad.... if ya know what I mean....

Everytime I visit this forum.... it could get a rest, but you keep it on hyper speed and I keep thinking it is time to move ones location already to a nice still less mixed city perhaps..... area, city, state. I said to some in the Chicago forum... there take a thread to politics that is not about it and of course crime where a thread there is not allowed. Much just borders things that are not for this forum. Local politics is as not luved in Philly as most of our major cities. Crime is on the uptick sadly in most. Still this city has a Thread for it and one who daily keeps it on alkaline batteries.

It is just so easy to read between the lines. Just watch how far one lets it out..... some threads I believe in cancel culture for ...
Why do you keep coming back if it upsets you?

Why are you stalking me?

Where are you picking up 'Racist' posts?

Old 06-07-2021, 07:29 AM

2,084 posts, read 1,133,744 times
Quote:
Why do you keep coming back if it upsets you?

Why are you stalking me?

Where are you picking up 'Racist' posts?

If the violent crime is on steroids, then by all means, keep exposing it and commenting on it. Call it out, whether a white cop shoots an unarmed black kid on a bike, or if it's black on black crime.

Don't sweeten it, keep talking about it. I sense that your nemesis just wants to sweep that pervasive reality under the rug.

Old 06-07-2021, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOORGONG View Post
If the violent crime is on steroids, then by all means, keep exposing it and commenting on it. Call it out, whether a white cop shoots an unarmed black kid on a bike, or if it's black on black crime.

Don't sweeten it, keep talking about it. I sense that your nemesis just wants to sweep that pervasive reality under the rug.
I'm not sure where they're getting that the posts are 'racist.'

Old 06-07-2021, 02:16 PM

2,084 posts, read 1,133,744 times
Quote:
I'm not sure where they're getting that the posts are 'racist.'
Yeah' I'm not getting that from your posts. The reality is that a long standing history of black on black crime has damaged the lives of so many in that community, and the statistics point overwhelmingly to that section of the population. It's not racist to talk about it, and it is more important than addressing superficial issues like blackface to talk about it. Philadelphia suffers from this, not only imagewise, but that is the least of it, IMO. The point about keeping up appearances, just for the sake of not invoking responsibility on the part of the black community for its shortcomings is the reason the situation continues to fester.

Keep on ringing that bell, it's Okay!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia