Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2022, 10:42 PM

1,026 posts, read 448,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
It's not an "argument against legal gun ownership" per se, but a critique of the very low bar in which a gun can be legally acquired.

I'll go on the record saying that I strongly disagree with the current DA approach of de-emphasizing convictions for illegal gun crimes, but the legality of gun ownership doesn't preclude a criminal event, as we see with this Manayunk incident.

It's my personal, tongue-in-cheek description of those who lament, or even troll, about crime without offering politically realistic or constructive solutions.

Vitriolic rants about Larry Krasner or the CrImInAL LoViNG DeMoCrAts don't solve anything.

This certainly isn't a Philly-specific issue, and I've mentioned it a few times in this thread already. There are numerous loopholes in which a gun can be acquired by those who have criminal intent through legal means:

https://www.bradyunited.org/issue/laws-and-loopholes
The Manayunk incident isn't a ''criminal event''...yet; may end up being one, may end up not being one, time will tell. It used to be called investigation, fact finding, and the judicial process. Now it's automatic conviction for a political agenda.

What you call vitriolic rants about Larry Krasner used to be called plain old facts. Criminal loving democrats? Who is saying that? It's democrats using and manipulating the black community generally and black criminals in particular for short-term political gain. Loving implies, at a minimum, concern.

Hmm...loopholes in which a gun can be acquired by those who have criminal intent through legal means?Not sure what this is supposed to mean.

This "Charleston'' loophole is interesting only because the shooter in that Charleston church acquired his gun legally months before he acted. The FBI found something on him but couldn't determine what it was within the 3-day waiting period; this loser got his gun. However, after the fact the FBI did find something and never acted, notified local officials etc to get that.

In the meantime, family members, at times, took the gun away from this POS.

This ties into this ''intent'' issue i think you're trying to raise and the FBI dropping ball. Did this church shooter have the intent to kill people in a church or commit a any crime otherwise at the time he legally acquired this gun. Months went by, the FBI knew post-aquisition that he should not have a gun, family members took it away from him...

I get it, you don't like guns.

That said, here in Philly, people are legally arming themselves for their own safety. The Mayor, DA, and Commissioner are not protecting their city. Scoff, laugh, and point to 100s of right-wing media outlets (there's that many?) all you need to. Philly is after all nothing like Boston "Metrowest''.

Old 10-04-2022, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
So many people complain about robberies in Philadelphia and then turn a blind eye to the starring role of weaponry in violence:

https://6abc.com/manayunk-philadelph...shot/12286730/

I'd like to hear the crime-busting warriors explain how broad-scaled and unfettered gun ownership has improved our society and made us all "safer."

Do, go on.
Well, for starters, several carjackers have been wounded or taken out by legally armed car owners here in Philly this year.

Speaking of turning a blind eye, the local media here sure has blind eyes about this carjacking crisis being a starring role in our current crime wave.

Old 10-04-2022, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingZen View Post
You’re reading into what I am saying in a negative way. Of course, parents should go through their kids’ rooms and belongings…but if they have no reason to expect wrongdoing then why would they?
Umm...it's called knowing where your kids are, who your kids are with, and what your kids are up to whether you have no reason to expect wrongdoing or not.

Especially nowadays and in particular if you're a parent in Philly.

Are your posts a put-on?

Old 10-05-2022, 08:01 AM

1,697 posts, read 973,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpranger467 View Post
I'm sorry, I disagree. The lack of consequences that exist now due to left wing anti police initiatives mainly put us in this situation. As I had said before, sure there were years where the homicide rate was nearly as high as it is now, the difference is the victims were mainly in the drug/criminal trade. Now its all the time that you see innocent citizens, students etc- victimized. Seems like everyone forgot (already) about the former Drexel student gunned down 2 weeks ago

Sure, the DA's unwillingness to actually prosecute doesn't help, but were those supports and alternatives in place, he'd have fewer people to not prosecute.
These kids don't give a rats a$$ about consequences. They face stiffer consequences from the thugs they're warring with than any law-and-order right-winger could ever come up with.

You can blame the left all you want. There's violent crime everywhere - Red and Blue.

Old 10-05-2022, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
What you call vitriolic rants about Larry Krasner used to be called plain old facts. Criminal loving democrats? Who is saying that? It's democrats using and manipulating the black community generally and black criminals in particular for short-term political gain. Loving implies, at a minimum, concern.

How exactly are the Dems "using and manipulating" the black community and black criminals?"

Old 10-05-2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
These kids don't give a rats a$$ about consequences. They face stiffer consequences from the thugs they're warring with than any law-and-order right-winger could ever come up with.

You can blame the left all you want. There's violent crime everywhere - Red and Blue.
Violent crime is everywhere, but in ''progressive'' left Philly we've only seen ''regressive'' results in homicides considering the increase of 40% from 2019-2020 and 58% homicide rise 2019-2021 with a whopping 129% increase from 2014-2021.

Little Larry was on a local a.m. news program blaming the pandemic, MAGA Republicans, the police, and of course, this must be the new default, Red State violent crime rates. Insisted that his policies are working as both news anchors appeared more than skeptical (though do the homicide reporting after all) with one sounding incredulous that Little Larry's policies were working given that we've had 1,000 homicides in 20 months...wtf...you can't make this stuff up.

Little Lying Larry did address the carjacking crisis when asked...blames it on the overseas market for our cars and parts...no mention of course that some of these carjackings/stolen cars are used in local violenct crimes, especially the shootings/homicides we just saw at Roxborough H.S.

Larry mentions 2014 going forward in citing the start of the most recent homicide spike.

What was going in 2014 that caused the start of our creeping homicide increases to the explosion point starting 5/30/20-today? We know what caused the 5/30/20 explosion...

what is it about 2014 though?

Last edited by MPK21; 10-05-2022 at 10:19 AM..

Old 10-05-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:
How exactly are the Dems "using and manipulating" the black community and black criminals?"
Seriously? You haven't read my posts, even the recent ones? And those are but a sampling of Democrats using and manipulating the black community and, as needed, black criminals.

Last edited by MPK21; 10-05-2022 at 09:53 AM..

Old 10-05-2022, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Looks lik those animals from the Roxborough shooting have been identified.

I hope they're on the perp walk soon.
Only one of the ''animals'' has been identified, the other (5) remain unidentified. No perp walks yet.

The identified suspect is supposedly a 16 year old kid; looks more like he's at least a 26 year old and remains at-large along with the others. This mass shooting was targeting someone. All these shooters all remain at-large in the community.

Given our current local policies consider, for example, that local cops can't stop their vehicle in most cases and now that gun violence has occurred, the DA will step in...not before the shooting, not interested in getting those guns out of those kids hands.

Even more ominous is the fact that the shooter who executed that Drexel student for no reason remains at-large in our community.

Old 10-05-2022, 10:22 AM

I only see you spewing BS. You never go into the reasoning behind it.

Old 10-05-2022, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I only see you spewing BS. You never go into the reasoning behind it.
Reasoning? About the black community and black criminals being used and manipulated by Democrats? If that's what you're talking about, see the Biden-Harris 2020 campaign for starters, particularly from 5/30/22 onwards.

If all you see is BS ''spewing'', then move-on, ignore, and don't respond yet continue to refer to black males as animals, even worse than the Hillary-Biden 1994 Crime Act when black males were named ''super predators'' that resulted in the mass incarceration ''crisis'' in the black community; the same ''crisis'' Joebama-Harris are committed to ending because, after all, they now blame the mass incarceration crisis on, of course, ''systemic racism'' lol.

Yet another ''crisis'' Joebama-Harris (and Little Larry, Danielle Outlaw, and Jimmy Kenny lol) are tackling.

Last edited by MPK21; 10-05-2022 at 11:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia