Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 12:19 PM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times

Advertisements

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philad...-20200424.html

"Since Mayor Jim Kenney closed schools, shuttered nonessential businesses, and told residents to stay home to slow the spread of the coronavirus, at least 135 people have been shot — an average of more than four per day — often in neighborhoods long plagued by gun violence."

"The reports — and interviews with police and city officials — show that even as overall violent crime has fallen by nearly 20% during the pandemic, gun violence is thriving. While crimes like rapes, thefts, and home burglaries have all plummeted, police statistics show that shootings are up — even more than the same time last year."

"The violence in Philadelphia has reignited a simmering tension between the police and District Attorney Larry Krasner. Last month, Kenney and Commissioner Danielle Outlaw faulted Krasner’s office for not aggressively prosecuting suspected gun offenders — a charge Krasner has called inaccurate and unnecessarily divisive."

Old 04-24-2020, 01:36 PM

1,697 posts, read 969,207 times
What a mess...

Old 04-24-2020, 02:48 PM

10,787 posts, read 8,749,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post

"Since Mayor Jim Kenney closed schools, shuttered nonessential businesses, and told residents to stay home to slow the spread of the coronavirus, at least 135 people have been shot — an average of more than four per day — often in neighborhoods long plagued by gun violence."

"The reports — and interviews with police and city officials — show that even as overall violent crime has fallen by nearly 20% during the pandemic, gun violence is thriving. While crimes like rapes, thefts, and home burglaries have all plummeted, police statistics show that shootings are up — even more than the same time last year."

"The violence in Philadelphia has reignited a simmering tension between the police and District Attorney Larry Krasner. Last month, Kenney and Commissioner Danielle Outlaw faulted Krasner’s office for not aggressively prosecuting suspected gun offenders — a charge Krasner has called inaccurate and unnecessarily divisive."
Yeah, I really wonder what the heck a PPD patrol car was kinda parked in a small parking lot on Fairmount Ave between 19th and 20th yesterday morning. Such a big crime wave going on there(sarcasm).

Philadelphia's task next year is to get rid of Krasner.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redddog View Post
What a mess...
Well, Krasner's term is up wrt to next year's election. Kenney can not run again. I'm going to start asking Brian Simms about running for mayor like I have in the past.

Old 04-24-2020, 03:21 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times
I bet the mayor is somewhere right now in a daze with a confused look on his face

Old 04-24-2020, 03:58 PM

9,377 posts, read 9,319,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Well, Krasner's term is up wrt to next year's election. Kenney can not run again. I'm going to start asking Brian Simms about running for mayor like I have in the past.
Kranser needs to go ASAP. And Brian Sims would be a good mayor, I want him focus his efforts in Philadelphia rather than Harrisburg.

Some will disagree with me, but I do not want Helen Gym as the next mayor, and I have fear that will happen.

Old 04-24-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I bet the mayor is somewhere right now in a daze with a confused look on his face
You are free, are you not, to offer your assistance to the mayor's office during this awful time in the city's history. Go for it.

We've had other really bad epidemics in the city before. I don't mean 1918. I mean the Yellow Fever epidemic of 1793 when people had no idea, really, where it came from or why. The capital of the US had to move from the city to Germantown which was not part of the city at the time. At least now we do have some idea who this microscopic enemy is.

I

Old 04-24-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Kranser needs to go ASAP. And Brian Sims would be a good mayor, I want him focus his efforts in Philadelphia rather than Harrisburg.

Some will disagree with me, but I do not want Helen Gym as the next mayor, and I have fear that will happen.
The really frustrating thing is I knew Krasner would be awful.

I can't stand Gym, tbh.

Old 05-02-2020, 01:32 PM

100 posts, read 42,264 times
Quote:

I don't know about Sims though after that unhinged and bizarre video outside planned parenthood; he sure came across as being more than a bit unstable.

Who is next after Kenney?

Old 05-02-2020, 01:37 PM

100 posts, read 42,264 times
Quote:

It's unbelievable that gun violence and homicides hasn't slowed down at all during the shutdown the past 45+ days.

Btw, where has Police Commissioner Outlaw been? Haven't seen her since late March when she did what looked like a at-home Skype demo on how to wear a mask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia