Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 09:20 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times

Advertisements

If this can be found to any significant degree at all, it would likely be found in California or South Florida.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SplK0OZ9sqE

George's wife was way too hot for him. She was the main reason I watched this show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 10:59 AM

218 posts, read 342,230 times
California has a lot middle class MEXICANS, that show is of a well-off MEXICAN family.
Now Miami & DC probably have diverse middle class Hispanic populations
But OP asked for middle class areas predominantly populated by PUERTO RICANS, which is really only found in Orlando and to a much lesser degree in Philadelphia & NYC, maybe even Tampa, Boston, and certain areas of miami too .....

Old 05-18-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillydominican View Post
California has a lot middle class MEXICANS, that show is of a well-off MEXICAN family.
Now Miami & DC probably have diverse middle class Hispanic populations
But OP asked for middle class areas predominantly populated by PUERTO RICANS, which is really only found in Orlando and to a much lesser degree in Philadelphia & NYC, maybe even Tampa, Boston, and certain areas of miami too .....
The OP said he/she was Puerto Rican. He didn't say that he was looking for "middle class areas predominantly populated by PUERTO RICANS."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR_2_Philly View Post
Hi , im moving to Philadelphia from Puerto Rico, in june. Ive been to Philly once before to visit family. I understand Philly has a huge Puerto Rican community, though Ive been told many of the neighborhoods they live in are slums. I would like to live in a safe and decent Middle class neighborhood but with a large Hispanic presence. Can anyone help me find a Middle class neighborhood with atleast a somewhat significant amount of Hispanics?
I think you sort of read that into his question. But that's not what the OP he asked. The OP said he wanted to "live in a safe and decent middle class neighborhood but with a large Hispanic presence."

Old 05-19-2015, 05:18 AM

218 posts, read 342,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
The OP said he/she was Puerto Rican. He didn't say that he was looking for "middle class areas predominantly populated by PUERTO RICANS."

I think you sort of read that into his question. But that's not what the OP he asked. The OP said he wanted to "live in a safe and decent middle class neighborhood but with a large Hispanic presence."
Well I would assume OP would wana live a middle class community with high numbers of other Puerto Ricans in the city he's interested in (Philly) .. Over a living in a middle class community , on the other side of the country, predominantly populated by Mexicans and almost no Puerto Ricans ......
U seem to think all Hispanics are the same , just cuz its a middle class community with a whole lot of Mexicans don't mean a well-off Rican or Dominican will like it

Old 05-19-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillydominican View Post
U seem to think all Hispanics are the same , just cuz its a middle class community with a whole lot of Mexicans don't mean a well-off Rican or Dominican will like it
No, I don't assume all Hispanic are the same. Don't make assumptions about me because you didn't read the OP's question correctly.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:25 PM

10,227 posts, read 16,811,894 times
Middle class puerto Ricans are pretty well integrated in my experience which means no middle class pr neighborhood.

Old 12-28-2016, 01:27 PM

368 posts, read 453,491 times
Northern Liberties immediately northeast of Center City, is a middle class, diverse (still largely white) with a small PR & black population. mostly workin class Port Richmond does have an increasing Hispanic population (dont know if their working class or straight up poor tho).

Uptown:
Juniata is predominately Hispanic (Puerto Rican with some Dominican) and mostly made of middle class and working class households.

Olney/Logan, predominately black American middle class area, with a smaller number of various other groups including Puerto Ricans, Koreans, Haitians, Dominicans.

Oak Lane, predominately black american middle class area with smaller number of Puerto Ricans.

Lower Northeast:
Lawncrest, diverse middle class area with large black, white, and Hispanic populations.

Oxford Circle, predominately black & hispanic middle class area with large numbers of black americans, Dominican, Brazilians, Haitians, Puerto Ricans.

It may not be much, but these areas are much safer and "wealthier" than your average predominately minority area, especially compared to the poverty striken hellholes in the middle of North Philadelphia.

Last edited by Spreadofknowledge; 12-28-2016 at 02:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia