Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 07:17 AM

1,170 posts, read 592,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
TDS on full display.

That was the MSM and the left telling you that ... and you chose to believe it.

Muh ... orange man bad.
After 1/6, no one is allowed to use "TDS". We were all sadly right. Don't get the MSM involved, they are culpable too. They have normalized his atrocious actions in favor of bothsidesism. And after 4 years of MSM visiting Iowa diners to see why they voted for Trump, I am still waiting for the same media pieces to help understand why millions more voted for Biden.

I am happy to discuss Trump and his atrocities more but FU if you want to call me deranged, which is what you did.

I actually care about this country.

Last edited by Yac; 07-29-2021 at 11:08 PM..

Old 07-29-2021, 09:51 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,453,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
I distinctly remember Biden and Harris openly saying they didn't trust the vaccine and wouldn't take the vaccine during the campaigning last October, because the vaccine development was happening under Trump's watch. Funny how that is quickly forgotten while everyone is accusing Trump for stopping people from getting the vaccine while he in fact has openly encouraged people to get it and was one of the first people to get it.

Weird times we live in. Weird times.

Just like the media is all over the rural white Republicans not getting vaccinated while ignoring that a high percentage of urban people "of color" also aren't getting vaccinated and one can hardly accuse them of being Trump supporters. But as I said, we live in weird times.
I believe the full quote is, "if the public health officials, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I’ll be the first in line to take it, absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it.” So that is quite a bit different than "they didn't trust the vaccine and wouldn't take the vaccine during the campaigning last October, because the vaccine development was happening under Trump's watch."

And I'll grant you she could have been much more careful about not further politicizing the issue. Though you have to remember, at the time, Trump was going on and on about how the vaccine would be or should be approved before the presidential election. And of course that was an irresponsible thing to say, when we all knew at the time that it would take longer, and that vaccine emergency approval should not be contingent on what is politically expedient, but rather on when its relative safety is confirmed by the medical community.

What she was saying, in the context of all of Trump's ramblings about an early approval for the vaccine, makes sense. However, I think she should have taken the "high road," so to speak, and just been crystal clear that mass vaccination should begin once it is approved by the medical community, not the political community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
After 1/6, no one is allowed to use "TDS". We were all sadly right. Don't get the MSM involved, they are culpable too. They have normalized his atrocious actions in favor of bothsidesism. And after 4 years of MSM visiting Iowa diners to see why they voted for Trump, I am still waiting for the same media pieces to help understand why millions more voted for Biden. [My cut]
Right? It is funny how Trump apologists try to deploy this whole "TDS" thing when they make excuse after excuse for his grotesque behavior. Talk about "derangement." And agreed about the MSM. It's so funny when people assume that just because you are not a Trumplican, you therefore follow or approve of the antics of the MSM. I am much more of an independent media person myself.

Old 07-29-2021, 10:09 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,184,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennsport View Post
Well, we might have much bigger problems than GOP v Dems. (and of course the never-ending Trump debate). Again, this is a health issue, a virus that doesn't care one bit if it infects and kills a devout Trumper or a BLM leader. The Phillies game with the Nationals was just cancelled because 12 people on the Washington Nationals team tested possible for the virus. The worrisome issue is that 11 of them were fully vaccinated. I believe most were vaccinated with the less efficacious J&J shot, and there haven't been many reported infections to people fully vaccinated with the Moderna or Pfizer versions, but still... concerning.
It is concerning. I'm quite happy taking any required precautions re mask wearing, and then relying on my natural antibodies as I had COVID in January. I'm not an anti-vaxxer, I am up-to-date on all required vaccinations and get the flu shot every year. However, I don't see the purpose in otherwise healthy people in the low-risk age group having something that's under only an EUA injected into their arm that, if bad long-term results of trials/tests come out later, can't be un-injected. The elderly and immuno-compromised? Absolutely, get the shot.

Quite frankly, I thought that the vaccines would only be pushed for those at the highest risk, not the entire population. (Until they're fully approved, that is.)

Last edited by Flyers Girl; 07-29-2021 at 10:18 AM..

Old 07-29-2021, 12:44 PM

463 posts, read 206,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Well, he is astonishingly self-centered, doesn't really understand what it means to be loyal to someone or something, isn't as intelligent as he likes to portray himself to be, and his moral compass is either seriously out of whack or nonexistent. And from what I can tell, he needs the grift because he spends money like water.

But aside from that, I guess he's okay.
All of that is true, but most of the Democrats represent what you just described as well. The difference is that they present better and are not as obvious in their flaws. People are being more easily fooled by those on the left.

Old 07-29-2021, 12:59 PM

9,350 posts, read 13,014,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Girl View Post
It is concerning. I'm quite happy taking any required precautions re mask wearing, and then relying on my natural antibodies as I had COVID in January. I'm not an anti-vaxxer, I am up-to-date on all required vaccinations and get the flu shot every year. However, I don't see the purpose in otherwise healthy people in the low-risk age group having something that's under only an EUA injected into their arm that, if bad long-term results of trials/tests come out later, can't be un-injected. The elderly and immuno-compromised? Absolutely, get the shot.

Quite frankly, I thought that the vaccines would only be pushed for those at the highest risk, not the entire population. (Until they're fully approved, that is.)
This is why different, and even worse, COVID variants continue to develop and the pandemic rages on.

Old 07-29-2021, 01:42 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,184,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
This is why different, and even worse, COVID variants continue to develop and the pandemic rages on.
Oh, it's my fault? Whatever dude.

Old 07-29-2021, 02:00 PM

9,350 posts, read 13,014,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Girl View Post
Oh, it's my fault? Whatever dude.
It’s no one person’s fault but yes, your decision-making process is part of the problem.

Old 07-30-2021, 05:00 AM

1,465 posts, read 623,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Well, he is astonishingly self-centered, isn't as intelligent as he likes to portray himself to be, and his moral compass is either seriously out of whack or nonexistent.
Oh, the irony!

Last edited by Hedonism; 07-30-2021 at 05:12 AM..

Old 07-30-2021, 05:47 AM

14,186 posts, read 9,080,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
Oh, the irony!
Well, I see you edited out the loyalty part, so I guess you don't see any irony there, but while I tolerate disorder more than you do, I don't think my moral compass is out of whack. Just because I don't rain fire and brimstone on miscreants doesn't mean I approve of what they do. (And I'm afraid that in a different sphere, Trump is a miscreant too.)

I do, however, toot my own horn a lot, I do come off as a know-it-all, and I've been called "the most arrogant SOB I've ever met" by another student when I was a Harvard undergrad*, so the rest I can accept. Maybe I should be more humble in passing judgment on our 45th President, but he makes that hard to do.

*One man's trash is another man's treasure: one of the two people who conducted the interview that led to my getting hired at Phillymag told me that one of the things that impressed him about me was my "supreme self-confidence."

Old 07-30-2021, 12:30 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,135,583 times
What do TDS and MSM stand for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia