Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2010, 11:41 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
No basics that you can see, but I see plenty. Homosexuality, war, crime, are byproducts of civilization and consciousness. As is education, culture and science. The reason Primordial man had none of these, is because he had no consciousness.

Its academic.

Peace.
How do you explain homosexual behavior and rape found in animals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 12:45 PM

912 posts, read 827,254 times
Just a thought relative to this , not being anything but when we evaluate all we have is
behaviour......................................... .................................................. .....................

Present man is not conscious, he behaves as though he is.. however this morality is a tool to
individual as well species survival. Morality is only seen in a forced alternative to comfort in existence.

Mans morality is not...for the sake of morality,as a conscious choice.....

but a recourse without choice to individual and collective survival . It is an instinctive direction without pointed attribute to morality itself. An elaborate element of no more than a rodent running from cold
Man is clearly seen not to "choose" morality as he lives on the edge of self destruction. Any application of right or wrong behavior is simply right and wrong survival, instinct. Individually he instinctively behaves toward tranquility in existence, or warmth in coldness.

His creativity is simply a progression in adaptation. He thinks , writes , reads , learns and all of it Germain to
animal survival. All spiritual reflection is non-real, a shadow of self survival to only personal.....comfort.
Man thinks he is conscious but is not. Self awareness is NOT evident as the entire operation to man is without ...interuption to survival.

He is a highly sophisticated intelligent, instinctive
thing. A thing that will continue to "appear" conscious however there is no evidence.
Mans evolution in learning is simply sophisticated and mimics self awareness. Man claims
to be conscious but he is only aware of his own bark. If man was conscious , harmony would outweigh collective self destruction. It would "show" self awareness to choice.

Yes, I shall have peace in choice to life through moral application says man. A clear sign to
a non-conscious "thing", simple self gain, from cold to warm.

...............Theres no "peace" in an 'acknowledged" collective reprisal to morality. Therefore man does not consciously acknowledge humanity. Man is not conscious........................

Animals are conscious as they show superior attention to individual and collective
harmony, a pointed indication of applied conscious directed morality.

Above is simply a comment with respects to the bulk of thought in thread, not arguing but giving prospective.

Last edited by Blue Hue; 12-26-2010 at 01:24 PM..

Old 12-26-2010, 12:50 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Or this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPznMbNcfO8

Old 12-26-2010, 12:51 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,592,697 times
Quote:

Why are you asking a Smug, Arrogant and Passive Agressive person so many questions? If you think I am this way, which you stated, why are you asking my explination of things?

Explain that to me.

Peace.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:24 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Why are you asking a Smug, Arrogant and Passive Agressive person so many questions? If you think I am this way, which you stated, why are you asking my explination of things?

Explain that to me.

Peace.
Because the answers discredit you and expose you as a fraud.

Then maybe you'll stop your passive-aggressive-insults-disguised-as-a-discussion....

...and for teh lolz.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Because the answers discredit you and expose you as a fraud.

Then maybe you'll stop your passive-aggressive-insults-disguised-as-a-discussion....

...and for teh lolz.

You think I'll stop posting because you expose me as a fraud. If I am a fraud, explain to me what position I have tried to portray here? What position am I quilty of " Not being."

Your the one giving out insults.

And it does not require a great brain to figure out why you are irritated with me.

Peace.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:55 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
They also had religious beliefs as evidenced by their burial rituals. Neanderthals were close enough to us that we could interbreed with them -- and we did.
That is simply not true. Burial rituals do not equate to religious beliefs.

That's the kind of nonsense you get from christian archaeologists and sociologists. Anything that is not understood or is unknown is automatically classified as "religious."

It is possible they may have had a belief in the after-life, but that does not equate to religion either. Unless someone travels back in time and actually witnesses a burial, we may never know the meanings.

For all we know, someone's last wish may have been to buried facing the Sun, for no other reason than they thought the sunrise was beautiful, and everyone else was buried in like manner, just because.

It could also have been because they came from the East. There are many reasons, none of which are necessarily based on religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill
In reality, no such homosexual behavior exists. What was believed to be homosexual behavior is now understood to be expression of submissiveness and domination. That was made quite clear in a National Geographic documentary which showed two hippopotami fighting and in the end, one assumed a submissive posture, and the winner "mounted" the other in a show of domination.

That is not unlike one wrestler pinning the other in competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel
No basics that you can see, but I see plenty. Homosexuality, war, crime, are byproducts of civilization and consciousness. As is education, culture and science. The reason Primordial man had none of these, is because he had no consciousness.
Your anthropology is quite weak. Primordial man had all of those things. A classroom isn't necessary for education, and culture is much more than a Gucci hand-bag.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Your anthropology is quite weak. Primordial man had all of those things. A classroom isn't necessary for education, and culture is much more than a Gucci hand-bag.

Well lets see the proof for them having any of these.

Peace.

Old 12-26-2010, 02:08 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
In reality, no such homosexual behavior exists. What was believed to be homosexual behavior is now understood to be expression of submissiveness and domination. That was made quite clear in a National Geographic documentary which showed two hippopotami fighting and in the end, one assumed a submissive posture, and the winner "mounted" the other in a show of domination.

That is not unlike one wrestler pinning the other in competition.
Homosexual behavior in animals refers to the documented evidence of homosexual, bisexual and transgender behavior in animals. Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same sex animals. A new review made in 2009 of existing research showed that same-sex behavior is a nearly universal phenomenon in the animal kingdom, common across species.

Homosexual behaviour in animals: an ... - Google Books

Old 12-26-2010, 02:20 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Not to defend someone who clearly doesn't know what the hell he's talking about (Mikiel) but I think a better way of putting it would be that primordial man had less sophisticated expressions of creativity and culture. On the flip side, we shouldn't be so hasty to expose primordial man as a dull creature with no imagination.

Evolution seems to have taken a foothold in this sector of our human origins as well. Imagine the absurdity of primordial man building something as complex as an airplane or automobile? Was primordial man capable of writing books in the style or fashion of Joyce, Steinbeck or Shakespeare? I doubt it. And not because of the language barrier.

Just as it would be absurd to suggest that a rabbit lived in the pre-Cambrian era, I too would think it would be absurd to suggest that an automobile or airplane or work of significant literature would be found and dated back to the age of primordial man.

All of our inventions nearly mimic the primitive crudeness of a species of animal. Look at the Wright Brothers first airplane and look at today's new Boeing 787 Dreamliner or Airbus A380. Look at Henry Ford's Model T and then look at the new BMW 7 Series or Toyota's Hybrid.

Our innovativeness and creativity seem to come alive in much the same way that new species emerge, survive and thrive in new but varying ecological niches. As humans, we consistently perform a methodology of "standing on the shoulders of giants" where we capitalize and gain on previously built upon intrinsic homologies.

In both evolution of the natural world and the evolution of our consciousness and imagination, you will almost never find something that emerged as a fully functioning "product" that needed no further adaptations to better suit its environment. It almost always starts a little crude but sufficient enough to get the job done. Over time, as with biological changes of a species, our ideas become slowly adapted and melded into their varying ecological niches. Rarely do we reach perfection in either place, or even a period of stasis, but on the rare occasion that it does happen, we can often marvel at how well it fits in.

The OP makes the mistake of assuming that our knowledge, creativity, intelligence, etc... "popped" into existence. That is as absurd as saying that all animals (as well as man) "popped" into existence fully functioning and formulated. He uses the term "primordial man" to describe a rather vague epoch of geological history so that his personal worldview can be adapted and changed to suit his personal discretions. He has provided no evidence of anything but demands that he's correct based on his personal opinion and not that of evidence-based research. Strangely enough, I'm surprised he doesn't recognize his variant of mind virus as one that is on the evolutionary cusp of becoming extinct. Nor has he the capacity to track the trajectory and projection of how what he claims is his own idea grew in much the same way as any organism would grow and adapt to its environment. It's as though he experienced cognitive dissonance to the entire process of idea formulation, creation, and innovativeness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy