Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 10:02 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I would say their lack of development is the indicator of no brain power. Between their ears, it was nothing there! No Spirit of Consciousness in them. Why that was, I simply don't know. Even our presentday uncivilized tribes have language, agriculture, wars, religions, primordal man had none of these. I have seen no evidence of it.

Peace.
Please educate yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-pc_M2qI74

And it isn't just apes:

Elephant Self-Awareness Mirrors Humans | LiveScience

Humans do NOT have the market cornered on self-awareness. We just have more of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 10:10 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briolat21 View Post
So - what you seem to be looking for is: If God created everything, (and apparently he did in your belief system?) why did he create archaic hominid species (i.e. Neanderthal and the new cool one they found in Siberia) if they served no purpose?

Maybe since God had apparently not created "Man"yet (the one that has conciousness that you're talking about) - he needed someone else to start to get the Earth ready for Man? You know, invent fire and learn to hunt and figure out how to make clothing out of hides and everything else so that when Man (with conciousness) arrived he'd be able to learn some surival skills?

Or - maybe just accept the fact that in your belief system, there's no room for archaic hominids.

That's okay. Plenty of other people have decided the same thing.

Me, not so much, but you and I very likely don't share the same belief system.

Well I understand.

Still, I just can't figure out why God created Primordal man, it just makes no sense to me. And why didn't he give them a full working consciousness, that REALLY baffles me! I don't think he wanted them to advance.

Language is a sure sign of consciousness, and they had no language. For half a million years they developed no language. All that time and they developed no religion. Years and years and they had no science, no technology. All those years and they developed no educational system, all which proves to me they simply had no consciousness.

They were a stagnant people.

Peace.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:15 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Humans do NOT have the market cornered on self-awareness. We just have more of it.
I have no dog in this fight . . . but we do not merely have MORE . . . there is a QUANTUM STATE difference qualitatively. We have a referential frame that enables the abstractions our animal friends are simply not remotely capable of. No philosophical discussions with our ape brothers . . . I'm afraid.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:28 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
Well I understand.

Still, I just can't figure out why God created Primordal man, it just makes no sense to me.
Because he didn't. He doesn't exist. He didn't create anything. Your god-beliefs are all in your head, a sham, a fairy tale, a myth.

Quote:
And why didn't he give them a full working consciousness, that REALLY baffles me! I don't think he wanted them to advance.
They did evolve. They became us.

Quote:
Language is a sure sign of consciousness, and they had no language.
Really? Show me evidence that Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon had no language.

Quote:
For half a million years they developed no language.

Quote:
All that time and they developed no religion.

Quote:
Years and years and they had no science, no technology. All those years and they developed no educational system, all which proves to me they simply had no consciousness.

Quote:
They were a stagnant people.
No, you're the stagnant one if you refuse to educate yourself on very evident, commonly-known facts about our ancestors.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I have no dog in this fight . . . but we do not merely have MORE . . . there is a QUANTUM STATE difference qualitatively. We have a referential frame that enables the abstractions our animal friends are simply not remotely capable of. No philosophical discussions with our ape brothers . . . I'm afraid.

Well I certainly agree with some of this. Yet I wouldnot call apes " Our Brothers." Many evolutionist have tried to argue that humans are 99% simular to apes chemically, which I agree with. Blood precipitation test do indicate that the Chimpanzee is our closest relative, yet reguarding this we then must also accept the following:

Milk chemistry indicates that the Donkey is mans closest relative.

Cholesterol level test indicates that the Gartersnake is mans closest relative.

Tear enzyme chemistry indicates that the Chicken is mans closet relative.

On the basics of the most recent test of human blood chemistry, the Butter Bean is our closest relative.

Peace.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:55 AM

The emotional lives of men and other mammals are indeed marvelously simular, but to focus on the simularity unduly is to forget that a great chasm exist between us. The intellectual life of a man, his culture and history, religion and science, is different than anythingelse we know of in the universe. That is fact. I do not believe in evolution, but even IF evolution existed, it is as if all life evolved to a certain point, and then in ourselves turned at a right angle and simply exploded in a different direction, and THAT direction spawned civilization.

What makes sense to me is creation. God created primordal man, let them live for whatever reason, and then let them die out! Then he creates another race of humans but gives them " Consciousness", or created them in his image. Thats when we began to develop in the areas that primordal humans couldnot. Makes perfect sense and explains WHY primordal man could not advance more than elementary levels.

Peace.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:59 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
The emotional lives of men and other mammals are indeed marvelously simular, but to focus on the simularity unduly is to forget that a great chasm exist between us. The intellectual life of a man, his culture and history, religion and science, is different than anythingelse we know of in the universe. That is fact. I do not believe in evolution, but even IF evolution existed, it is as if all life evolved to a certain point, and then in ourselves turned at a right angle and simply exploded in a different direction, and THAT direction spawned civilization.

What makes sense to me is creation. God created primordal man, let them live for whatever reason, and then let them die out! Then he creates another race of humans but gives them " Consciousness", or created them in his image. Thats when we began to develop in the areas that primordal humans couldnot. Makes perfect sense and explains WHY primordal man could not advance more than elementary levels.
You say you want to learn. Why aren't you? There are plenty of resources out there to teach you what evolution is and is not, but despite your continued protestations that you want to learn, you refuse to do so.

How very sad and pathetic.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
You say you want to learn. Why aren't you? There are plenty of resources out there to teach you what evolution is and is not, but despite your continued protestations that you want to learn, you refuse to do so.

How very sad and pathetic.

Well I am still learning, but I do not agree with everything I learn. In example: I have learned not to personally insult others in debate, or to put their personage down. It was a hard lesson, because I was a hard debator and had to learn respect. I attack their beliefs without attacking them.

Speaking of " Debate", I think thats a sign of Consciousness, so I don't believe primordal man debated at all. They would have needed a language to do that, which is also why they had no " Written Languages, no books, no written maps or letters."

Peace.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:15 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
Quote:
Well I certainly agree with some of this. Yet I wouldnot call apes " Our Brothers." Many evolutionist have tried to argue that humans are 99% simular to apes chemically, which I agree with. Blood precipitation test do indicate that the Chimpanzee is our closest relative, yet reguarding this we then must also accept the following:

Milk chemistry indicates that the Donkey is mans closest relative.

Cholesterol level test indicates that the Gartersnake is mans closest relative.

Tear enzyme chemistry indicates that the Chicken is mans closet relative.

On the basics of the most recent test of human blood chemistry, the Butter Bean is our closest relative.

Peace.
well in reference to the Bible there are many theories and here's one.... the primordial man was probably the original (universally pure) pure-blood man with no animal genetic tampering, after that we have the chimeras/gentiles/hybrids/clonables; off springs of egyptian geneticist.
fact: several royal egyptian mummies have been recovered with various hybrid fetus invitro.
the Bible says in Gen. "they defiled the air, land and sea".
evidence of the pure blood-race remains in 15% of our terrestial population today. they are the universal donors who can give life to all but can recieve it from only a few, their own kind.
one of the basic elements in determining a species, is the fundamental ability of the subjects to be able to bred and produce a viable offspring naturally-unassisted. in nature, the host/mother's body/blood never attacks their fetus' as if it were an antigen, this one of many clues that we may actually have a least 2 seperate species of man-kind walking the earth.
then there's the neanderthal gene that all of mankind posses except the africanis........the questions go on and on.
if Jesus did exist, these are some of the things his blood was suppose to amend.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:28 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:

Peace.
These are precisely the questions that lead most of us atheist/agnostic types to abandon religion. Religion just does not jive with scientific facts, bottom line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy